Anyone using Wegovy?

Caporegime
No jabs here. Starting at 91.5kg on 21st Feb, 86kg on 29th.
Here's me averaging about 7miles a day of walking that I wouldn't normally do.
I eat what I want, when I want.

I started at 110kg in november but had a different watch the first 2 months
5b6wTvL.jpeg

aiming for 95kg
73-90 is ideal for me according to google, 73kg I'd be like drug addict thin.....

will be easy to just walk less miles and maintain the weight, without worrying about food or injections.

There's no short cut for lifestyle changes, people using injections will be on and off them like yoyo diets.

They should only be prescribed to people who are too morbidly obese and can't really exercise properly because of their size, once they drop enough weight prescribe a bike or trainers

Last edited:
Caporegime
Here's me averaging about 7miles a day of walking that I wouldn't normally do.
I eat what I want, when I want.

I started at 110kg in november but had a different watch the first 2 months
5b6wTvL.jpeg

aiming for 95kg
73-90 is ideal for me according to google, 73kg I'd be like drug addict thin.....

will be easy to just walk less miles and maintain the weight, without worrying about food or injections.

There's no short cut for lifestyle changes, people using injections will be on and off them like yoyo diets.

They should only be prescribed to people who are too morbidly obese and can't really exercise properly because of their size, once they drop enough weight prescribe a bike or trainers

I’m at 84.4kg now on Friday. That’s 8kg down from my birthday in February.

We all know there is no short cuts and no magic bullet and I don’t think this drug is the exception. For a very niche minority (medical circumstances) where the benefit of losing weight is far outright any side effects or any consequences of the weight yo-yo-ing then go for it. The people where going on it short term to go from a size 40” to 34” jeans…I think the sustainable and healthy way is just have to be hard graft. Eat less, move more as. Do it slowly, 1lb a week over the course of a year.

Soldato
I am 96.6 today. I posted start of April is was 100.6. I seem to be going about 2kg a month. I have also being doing weight training mainly because i dont want saggy skin man boobs not because i want to look like Adonis. So gaining muscle seems to counteract this.

I feel much better. No bad back, no sleep issues, more energy despite eating less, bedroom gymnastics is noticeably improved also. Any side effects for me (which so far have only been diarrhea) I can live with.

Associate
Lowest weight in about 5 years right now - 113.8kg (from over 125kg in September, and only managing to drop to 122 in Feb despite doing a lot more exercise and eating low carb plus intermittent fasting from September to February).

The effect of the Wegovy is obvious:

Man of Honour
I've had my Hb1Ac glucose test this morning to see what my 'free' Wegovy/Semaglutide pills have done.
The funny thing is I can't say over the last 3 months that my appetite has gone down, I've still ate exactly how I always do.

Associate
I have no prescriptions other than for high blood pressure / cholesterol. Yes I asked for Ozempic (don't have diabetes).

I've always been overweight, even as a child, despite doing lots of regular exercise throughout my life, until the last 5 years due to age/arthritic problems

Man of Honour
Wegovy or Ozempic?

Ozempic is reserved for Diabetes patients.

I'm under the impression both of them are semaglutide which is what I have.
Wegovy or Ozempic are just a brand name that are semaglutide.

Ozempic and Wegovy are the two brand names that Novo Nordisk uses to market injectable semaglutide. They are both injected, but come in different strengths. Rybelsus is an oral tablet form of semaglutide used for type 2 diabetes

Associate
I'm under the impression both of them are semaglutide which is what I have.
Wegovy or Ozempic are just a brand name that are semaglutide.

Ozempic and Wegovy are the two brand names that Novo Nordisk uses to market injectable semaglutide. They are both injected, but come in different strengths. Rybelsus is an oral tablet form of semaglutide used for type 2 diabetes
You are right, but they're treated differently by the NHS with Ozempic being the diabetes treatment and Wegovy the weight loss, with different clinical requirements for approval

Caporegime
This might be a motivating thread. Ballooned back to 104kg, though with my height - you wouldn't think I'm obese. Cycling to work doesn't seem to do much, portion control is my weakness and carbs. I need to hit the gym again.

Man of Honour
I am completely devastated.
I've been put on this drug because of my diabetes.
Diabetics have an important reading called HbA1c and it should be below 58.
I while ago I got it down to 47 but it then went up to 62 so the GP/Diabetic Nurses put me on semaglutide.
Today I have a reading of 73 :(
It looks like I will have to go on insulin unless they have other plans.
I can't believe it.

Man of Honour
Is assume your on Empagliflozin + metformin and the weekly stab of this right?

If you have seen my diabetic thread I was on Empagliflozin for 18 months and then it started to give me really bad thrush in my willy.
I was moved onto Dapagliflozin but that wasn't any better but HbA1c had come down to 47.
Came off the pills but 3 months later I was on 62mmol so I was put on Semaglutide and that new score is 73mmol after 3 months but I've lost 4" on my waist.
I'm also on 3 other diabetic pills, Metformin, Alogiptin and Glicazide.
I have a daily 14mg dose of semaglutide.

Last edited:
Associate
I am completely devastated.
I've been put on this drug because of my diabetes.
Diabetics have an important reading called HbA1c and it should be below 58.
I while ago I got it down to 47 but it then went up to 62 so the GP/Diabetic Nurses put me on semaglutide.
Today I have a reading of 73 :(
It looks like I will have to go on insulin unless they have other plans.
I can't believe it.
Cut out carbs as much as you possibly can!
I'm convinced I'm heavily insulin resistant/prediabetic. It's never been diagnosed though as my HbA1c is always relatively normal, and I reckon that's because I try to be keto all the time, it just feels better, which means no elevated glucose levels which means no glycated haemoglobin increase.

Daily dose of 14mg? Jeebus.
I'm on a weekly 1.7mg!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom