Anyone using Wegovy?

Soldato
The problem is, many people who stop using it, just go back to their old habits.

You need to have the will power to keep up with a balanced diet after.

If you want to lose weight, eat only, meat, eggs and yogurt-ish stuff

If you can manage that, you can save the money from wegovy and instead buy ribeye steaks.

Make sure you buy meat with good fat content, do not eat lean meat.. Buy crème fraiche as it has the highest fat content, and cook with butter.

The biggest problem you have is the phrase, "balanced diet".

Caporegime

If you can manage that, you can save the money from wegovy and instead buy ribeye steaks.

Make sure you buy meat with good fat content, do not eat lean meat.. Buy crème fraiche as it has the highest fat content, and cook with butter.

The biggest problem you have is the phrase, "balanced diet".

Sounds like the Atkins' diet, and the guy was obese.

Caporegime

What happens if I'm eating 3000 calories of meat, eggs and yogurt-ish stuff everyday with little to no exercise?

It's always a bad idea to take random diet advice from the internet, especially if the main reason you're trying to lose weight is to treat a serious medical problem such as sleep apnoea.

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
What happens if I'm eating 3000 calories of meat, eggs and yogurt-ish stuff everyday with little to no exercise?

Keep in mind a kcal is not the same as another kcal, i.e. meat vs doritos, the processes of metabolism and digestion are not the same for everything.

You will not be able to eat 3000kcal of the above.

How your brain works is like this.

Eat the above, you will feel full, you will stop eating, you will say, i cant finish he last piece.

Now, i will take out a massive chocolate cake.. And you will be able to eat it, all of it.

Everyone knows the above example is true, think about why its true, and you figure it out.

Caporegime
I know the idea of the Atkin's diet, or rather, a diet of high protein. The logic is that protein takes longer to digest than carbs, so you feel full longer, and thus you will eat less over the same period of time.

However, that is if you actually watch what you eat, but cutting out veg completely is silly. No doctor will ever say that (for a healthy person), vegetables/Fibre is important for gut health, both from an digestive POV and also from an immunity POV. Vegetables is also a healthy and low calorie way to pad out a meal. Stuffing your face full of celery until you are full is much less calorie than steak and cheese.

Caporegime
Keep in mind a kcal is not the same as another kcal, i.e. meat vs doritos, the processes of metabolism and digestion are not the same for everything.

Eat the above, you will feel full, you will stop eating, you will say, i cant finish he last piece.

Now, i will take out a massive chocolate cake.. And you will be able to eat it, all of it.

Everyone knows the above example is true, think about why its true, and you figure it out.

I'm already aware of that nutritional fact that not ever calorie has the same nutritional profile...

There are definitely people who can eat 3000 calories of food from these three groups. If they were the type of person who stopped eating when they felt full, I doubt they'd be overweight.

And no, most people are not going to eat a massive chocolate cake all at once, because there are other factors that stop people from doing that, such as feeling nauseous after a certain amount, blood sugar spikes, and so on.

You're trying to oversimplify the issue, and from what OP has told us, it will never work for him.

I'm not advocating wegovy either, just that telling someone with a weight problem that contributes to sleep apnoea to eat three kinds of food is not good advice.

Last edited:
Soldato

I thought it was obvious TBH... You have a normal stomach and a secondary pudding stomach hence there always been room for pudding:p :D

Soldato
I'm already aware of that nutritional fact that not ever calorie has the same nutritional profile...

There are definitely people who can eat 3000 calories of food from these three groups. If they were the type of person who stopped eating when they felt full, I doubt they'd be overweight.

And no, most people are not going to eat a massive chocolate cake all at once, because there are other factors that stop people from doing that, such as feeling nauseous after a certain amount, blood sugar spikes, and so on.

You're trying to oversimplify the issue, and from what OP has told us, it will never work for him.

Eating fat/protien makes you feel full, without filling your stomach.

That cake is 1600kcal.. You can eat the whole of it after you say you are full from eating the above foods i mentioned. 99% of people can do it.

If i offered you £1000 to eat 1600kcal of pork belly, you'd not be able to do it, after having already said you are full

Caporegime
Eating fat/protien makes you feel full, without filling your stomach.

That cake is 1600kcal.. You can eat the whole of it after you say you are full from eating the above foods i mentioned. 99% of people can do it.

If i offered you £1000 to eat 1600kcal of pork belly, you'd not be able to do it, after having already said you are full

It might make you feel full but that doesn't stop people with weight problems from overeating still.

Someone could easily put away 1000+ calories of some "yogurt-ish" stuff as well.

The majority of people are not eating a whole chocolate cake like that at once either and your initial statement was a "massive chocolate cake". The one you linked is far from massive...

Last edited:
Caporegime

A 16oz steak has 1229 calories...I never tried but I am pretty sure I can eat it on it's own in a meal without no sides, and I can eat it once for lunch and once for dinner.

That is 2400 calories. If I am to cook it with some butter...say, 100g each time (100g butter has 717 cal), that is another 1400 calories. So we are at 3800 calories with just steak and butter. This is without any kind of sauce like peppercorn sauce, mustard, horseradish or condiments. Which are high in calories.

Even if only half the butter gets eaten, it is still 3100 calories. If I were to half that, 8oz steak x 2, then it really isn't that much food at all, and you eat nothing else, and still at 1550 calories.

Can you really feel full from eating an 8oz steak with no sides? Get up, skip breakfast, just drink water. At lunch time, one 8oz steak, no sides. Another one at dinner.

I feel like I can EASILY eat more than this.

Last edited:
Associate
A 16oz steak has 1200 calories...I never tried but I am pretty sure I can eat it on it's own in a meal without nothing else, and I can eat it once for lunch and once for dinner.

That is 2400 calories. If I am to cook it with some butter...say, 100g each time, that is another 1400 calories. So we are at 3800 calories with just steak and butter.

Even if only half the butter gets eaten, it is still 3100 calories. If I were to half that, 8oz steak x 2, then it really isn't that much food at all, and you eat nothing else, and still at 1550 calories.
200g of butter lol - are you drinking it from a mug?

Soldato
Hey,

NOT A MEDICAL THREAD... heh.

I've started on Wegovy last week on Thursday. (0.25mg)
Starting weight 100.2KG..
Target 85KG.
1KG lost already as of this morning weigh.

I've noticed a lack of appetite and a complete "meh" approach to all the foods I liked to eat / drink. Very odd.

No side effects.

Anyone else on here using Wegovy? What has been your experience?
Please ensure you are exercising while doing this. (TBF you may already be exercising but may not have mentioned it in your post)

I believe you can end up losing a lot of muscle mass while using wegovy if you maintain a sedentary lifestyle.

Last edited:
Soldato
A 16oz steak has 1229 calories...I never tried but I am pretty sure I can eat it on it's own in a meal without no sides, and I can eat it once for lunch and once for dinner.

That is 2400 calories. If I am to cook it with some butter...say, 100g each time (100g butter has 717 cal), that is another 1400 calories. So we are at 3800 calories with just steak and butter. This is without any kind of sauce like peppercorn sauce, mustard, horseradish or condiments. Which are high in calories.

Can you really feel full from eating an 8oz steak with no sides? Get up, skip breakfast, just drink water. At lunch time, one 8oz steak, no sides. Another one at dinner.

I feel like I can EASILY eat more than this.

I am telling you because i know, you are making up arguments to counter me, go and do it, and come back in 2 weeks and you will be in shock.

Back
Top Bottom