** AOC Q2770PQU Owners Thread **

Associate
Same place mine are.. Along with all the others over the last 20 odd years.... :)

Cannot throw them away though as one day they might be needed... :D
Only problem is in my experience when that "one day" happens I just can't find the cable or whatever it was I know ive got stored away somewhere!

Associate
Just received this monitor today for OcUK and all I can say is wow. Shame the box seal had been broken but it all appears fine.

Just a couple of things I wanted to check:

Did anyone install any drivers for this monitor as the one on Windows Update say its for AOC 2770M?

I think I read somewhere that it was possible to up the Hz of this monitor. If so how do I do it?

Oh and a pointer for AOC, stop putting the stickers on the bezel. pita to get off. :p

Last edited:
Associate
Just received this monitor today for OcUK and all I can say is wow. Shame the box seal had been broken but it all appears fine.

Just a couple of things I wanted to check:

Did anyone install any drivers for this monitor as the one on Windows Update say its for AOC 2770M?

I think I read somewhere that it was possible to up the Hz of this monitor. If so how do I do it?

Oh and a pointer for AOC, stop putting the stickers on the bezel. pita to get off. :p

I installed the drivers from the disc but I ended up removing the colour profile as Windows Photo Viewer took on a yellow cast as it was opening pictures. Can you check if yours does the same?

Associate
I installed the drivers from the disc but I ended up removing the colour profile as Windows Photo Viewer took on a yellow cast as it was opening pictures. Can you check if yours does the same?

I have just installed the drivers from disc and I also have the yellow cast on windows photo viewer.

Last edited:
Associate
I have just installed the drivers from disc and I also have the yellow cast on windows photo viewer.

I actually emailed AOC on the issue, and the response I got was to just delete the profile and driver as the monitor was plug and play.

I left the inf. driver installed but just deleted the profile.

I thought there was an issue with my monitor itself, but now I can only presume that it must be a poor quality colour profile supplied on disc.

I would like to know why they supplied a profile if it was going to behave like that.

Soldato
I use the driver windows 8.1 installs. Comes up as "Generic plug and play monitor" in control panel but it works fine and the colours are perfect.

I should probably start mentioning this on reviews actually. Never install any drivers/profiles that come with a monitor. Monitor firmware provides all the data they need to function correctly (as AOC said, plug and play). And any profiles provided are generally generic (i.e. not specific to your unit) or are simply designed to 'reset' things to Windows defaults in case you've installed a profile for another monitor previously.

Soldato
Wow, been using this monitor on my secondary gaming rig.

Now im on my main rig and the Asus 27" 1920x1080 144hz looks so low res and washed out, just without the slight blurring.

Associate
Guys,
I am after a second monitor that will be used in a dual screen setup with my Q2770PQU. I am after something that will compliment it. I appreciate that I wont get the same resolution but is there something you guys could recommend?

Edit:
Cancel my last. I think I am going to keep one of my Dells

Last edited:
Associate
Curious. Coming back from the screen sleeping mode (from my computer, not the OSD) I often end up with a 800X600 res and there is no other way to come back to the standard res without switching off/on the monitor.
I had not that with my previous 24" monitor, any idea ?

Back
Top Bottom