AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
I also bought the AOC Q3279VWF to replace an LG 25UM65-P for my 2nd PC and so far I'm quite happy with it. I paid £190 for it and to that price I cannot complain. It's fine in FPS games and simulators.

I also bought the Acer XF270HUA 27" TFT, IPS, 2560x1440@144Hz, 4ms, FreeSync and got that one today, it was also on after christmas sale. It replaces my Asus PB278Q. It was on sale for only £397.

As for dead pixels, I am yet to find a monitor in the 27+ size that don't have a stuck/dead pixel if you really scrutinize them meticulously. Both of them have one dead pixel, but only noticeable if you know where to look for it. It's still within the standard QC for any TFT panel.

All in all I am very happy with both, albeit I must admit I don't see or feel the hughe difference betweem 60/75Hz and 144Hz, the main difference is see is less tearing - which is nice.
(sorry for the crappy phone pic quality)

f29ell.jpg

vzvx54.jpg

i6zbz7.jpg

Associate
I bought mine today, started playing with it just 10m ago.

Like everyone else, i have no sound from the HDMI cable. What's up with that?

Not that i need it, but it would be nice to have everything working.

Associate
As for dead pixels, I am yet to find a monitor in the 27+ size that don't have a stuck/dead pixel if you really scrutinize them meticulously. Both of them have one dead pixel, but only noticeable if you know where to look for it. It's still within the standard QC for any TFT panel.

Unfortunately that's true...but not only for 27+ monitors. All of my previous 24'' monitors (Iiyama XB2483HSU-B3, Asus VG245H) had several dead/stuck pixels on them. Trying to find a monitor without a single dead/stuck pixel is basically a neverending story.

After a brief routine checkup, I've managed to find only one greenish stuck pixel on my newly arrived AOC Q3279VWF. Thankfully, for big monitors like AOC Q3279VWF dead/stuck pixels are much less of an issue, because the screen is simply too big to even notice them.

Overall I'm happy with it, 2560x1440 desktop looks stunning, the viewing angles are fine, it's flicker free, it has (48-75Hz) FreeSync...all of this for £170.

The only downside is the fact that I can't install the proper drivers for it simply because I don't have an optical drive...I would be very grateful if someone could upload them here ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Will they actually check though? I just can’t imagine a retailer going through, opening up and handling multiple monitors until they find one without dead pixels. Makes no business sense in my opinion as what do you do with the screens that you’ve opened, not only do they have dead pixels they’ve also been handled and unsealed – people who get these screens will notice and assumed they’ve been sent a return causing more issues.

Associate
anyone not having a dvd drive etc can get the driver from here http://aocmonitorap.com/au/download_driver.php?pid=5277 the "Q3279VWF8" is the same monitor.

the files are also the same as the ones in the dvd (i checked their hashes).

I've managed to find Q3279VWF drivers here on aocmonitorap. But they're called Q3279WG5B i did read somewhere above that this model has this number in Asia but i dunno which drivers should I use now. I don't own a CD/DVD reader so i can't check which ones are on the CD.

Associate
What about overclocking the refresh rate on the monitor ? can anyone try it and get back to us with the results please ?

Associate
How much did a check cost?
only £10, I think it was that i had one sent it back for pixels went through the RMA and just spoke nicely to the customer services, online it offers upto 22" i offered to pay 2x this to cover the cost of the 32" they called me back and asked weather i wanted to go ahead for £10 or just to get one shipped out that day to have it sooner, if i had it pixel checked would had a few days delay.

Back
Top Bottom