AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
mine as well.

Does anyone have experience with optimal settings regarding text. I have a lot of programming to do - and I still have not figured out how to optimize the monitor for reading.
Any recommendations would be highly welcome.

Thanks

Associate
Can anyone measure height from desk to bottom bezel of the monitor please? Thanks.
Looking to buy one (currently for 199€) but since it doesn't have VESA I need the height to bezel.

Associate
I find that setting Shadow Control to 60 considerably helps with ghosting. Of course, picture is rather washed out in dark scenes with this setting.

Soldato
So overall it seems a bit hit and miss, argh!

I need a new monitor and this looked like it was going to fit the bill. I wonder if it is worth taking a risk and seeing what I get!

Associate
So overall it seems a bit hit and miss, argh!

I need a new monitor and this looked like it was going to fit the bill. I wonder if it is worth taking a risk and seeing what I get!

The ghosting has been a big issue for me - The rest of the monitor is perfect (for the price) but i wouldn't recommend it for fast paced games

Soldato
The ghosting has been a big issue for me - The rest of the monitor is perfect (for the price) but i wouldn't recommend it for fast paced games
Cheers, I wouldn’t be playing games on it. All I do is browse, bit of football manager and so forth.

A few of these in the clearance section on OCUK which doesn’t bode well.

Associate
I bought it and I am pleasantly surprised, ghosting is noticeable while dragging windows on dark background but it’s not anything I couldn't withstand, it’s barely noticeable if you are not looking for it. I mostly watch movies/tv shows, dont game much, but in a few games I tried I had no problems, but ofc everyone is different and some notice it more some less. I can say I would definetily buy it again.

Associate
After initial concerns about ghosting (which I mainly only notice now whilst dragging or scrolling with dark objects on a light/white background) I've ended up keeping mine. Used it for a month now and absolutely love it. Tweaked settings as per PCMonitor guide and switched from medium to weak overdrive which I find optimal. Coming from a 1080p@144Hz TN Panel I'm not missing the response times/refresh rate much to my surprise. 75Hz with freesync enabled is plenty smooth and input lag is barely noticeable in games like Doom, OverWatch, League of Legends. I'm now so used to the higher resolution for games, productivity and browsing etc that I wouldnt want to go back to 1080p and think I'd miss this much more than 144Hz which I thought was the best thing since sliced bread when I experienced it. The colours and contrast is miles better than my old TN panel too.

I got lucky with 0 dead pixels and nice even display but seems it's hit and miss sadly. If you buy from somewhere who are good with returns due to dead pixels I'd say this monitor is well worth a punt. I feel like I got way more than I paid for tbh :)

Back
Top Bottom