AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
I have a problem with changing the freesync range. Everytime when I try to change the range the color depth goes from 10 to 8 bit and stays locked on 8 bit.

Also when the fps goes under the freesync range I get flickering and vertical black blocks is this normal?

Associate
yeah, i really wanted LFC also! so close >.<

i believe its the monitor, but if someone got different results with other cables please inform us.

You could try overclocking to 80hz for lfc and 40 - 80 freesync range, but I guess it will not work as this looks more expensive than dropping 4 more hz below 41.

I wish I had another displayport cable to test..

Associate
Hi.

So I recently had 3 from a competitor. Ended up refunding. Is it worth trying another from overclockers.

(better batch maybe)

I suffer from OCD and having a single dead pixel just made me feel sick and didn't use the computer with it for long as just made me itch.

What is overclockers return policy like do they stick to the 30 days change of mind whatever it is?

Associate
After some use I noticed I got these two gray spots.. it's very odd as they are not dead because the pixel still light up with color.

https://i.imgur.com/0VfDW1x.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jDbfe0s.jpg

It's only noticeable while browsing or white backgrounds.
0VfDW1x

jDbfe0s

Associate
After some use I noticed I got these two gray spots.. it's very odd as they are not dead because the pixel still light up with color.

https://i.imgur.com/0VfDW1x.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jDbfe0s.jpg

It's only noticeable while browsing or white backgrounds.
0VfDW1x

jDbfe0s

They're pressure marks, damage caused by improper handling, being knocked about during shipping (check the box for rogue loose pieces of Styrofoam) or someone being a tad overzealous with their finger pointing. Sadly, they cant be fixed.

Associate
They're pressure marks, damage caused by improper handling, being knocked about during shipping (check the box for rogue loose pieces of Styrofoam) or someone being a tad overzealous with their finger pointing. Sadly, they cant be fixed.

Would you send it back? It's the only problem with this monitor. :(

Associate
Well it's only annoying when browsing, gonna try to live with it for now.

Anyone that can compare the HP omen 32 with this monitor as I am curious if there is a noticeable difference?

I had the Omen and the cheaper Pavilion. They both were better than the AOC when it came to ghosting, I didn’t notice any. The build quality is also far, far better especially the stand which is solid metal and very heavy meaning zero wobble. Lastly they had better viewing angles, more so horizontal which I have noticed on my AOC’s tends to invert when looked at from above, something I never noticed on both HP’s.

That said I find this AOC far more comfortable to use as it has a far less noticeable antiglare coating being semi gloss (the HP’s are fully matte and had a slight haze to them) The AOC’s still have the punchy colours, very similar to the HP’s but not as warm in my opinion. The deal killer on the HP’s was the panel uniformity which was terrible, very noticeable in your face vertical banding on both examples.

Associate
So I made the right choice going for the Aoc instead for 50 more the HP omen? Would you say the vertical banding is more bothersome than the ghosting on the Aoc?

Associate
So I made the right choice going for the Aoc instead for 50 more the HP omen? Would you say the vertical banding is more bothersome than the ghosting on the Aoc?

Yes, very much so in my opinion but i'm used to slower older VA monitors, I don't game so ghosting has never bothered me. Banding was noticeable on greys and even more so on the blue of this forum. I had two and they both had identical vertical banding columns. If you google image search HP omen banding, the first image that comes up from Hard-Forum is what both of mine looked like.

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm sure someone asked this question before but I can't find the answer - basically I can't get the speakers to work on this thing!

I've tried 4 different HDMI cables with an Xbox one s, and the display port cable with my PC and I get no sound with any. I've also got the volume fully turned up on the monitor

When I first got the monitor the speakers did used to work

Has anyone else had this issue or know of a solution ?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom