AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

I updated drivers , edited frame rate to 30-75hz , limited frame rate for Unigine Superposition to 31hz so benchmark is in LFC range. Flickering non stop, repeated all the way to 37hz. Same thing.

Am I correct in saying this is the right way to test this?

if you did what he did here https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5iux1q/updated_tutorial_on_increasing_and_decreasing/ then yes thats the correct way.
btw 31hz is in freesync range if you made it 30-75hz (LFC kicks in bellow 30).

Associate
at first you like it because you are impressed with size & res, few days later you start to get headaches because ghosting is everywhere even in youtube videos & normal web browsing. i would rather have 1080p 27'' with pixilated & washed out image than been haunted by ghosting. this monitor is my last AOC i have had this brand years ago & i remember the monitor developed dead pixels like crazy (i'm not surprised so many people received monitors with dead pixels), stick to LG & Samsung best brands for monitors

Soldato
at first you like it because you are impressed with size & res, few days later you start to get headaches because ghosting is everywhere even in youtube videos & normal web browsing. i would rather have 1080p 27'' with pixilated & washed out image than been haunted by ghosting. this monitor is my last AOC i have had this brand years ago & i remember the monitor developed dead pixels like crazy (i'm not surprised so many people received monitors with dead pixels), stick to LG & Samsung best brands for monitors

I understand what you mean but even bigger brands are not always meeting peoples expectations. As a very broad generalisation. and not vast experience, I find that NEC and BenQ in their not so cheap range are built very solid. My BenQ designer 1440p IPS continues to impress in both excellent built quality and its screen.

I took delivery yesterday of a 25" Dell 1440p IPS (U2518D) and with its onsite 3 years next day and transferable warranty it is very nice. But it wasn't £199, it was £237.

1440p at 32" - nah not for me. But then again I would not want a 27" with 1080p either.

Whatever you buy it sometimes feel like a panel lottery when you roll the dice.

Soldato
I understand what you mean but even bigger brands are not always meeting peoples expectations. As a very broad generalisation. and not vast experience, I find that NEC and BenQ in their not so cheap range are built very solid. My BenQ designer 1440p IPS continues to impress in both excellent built quality and its screen.

I took delivery yesterday of a 25" Dell 1440p IPS (U2518D) and with its onsite 3 years next day and transferable warranty it is very nice. But it wasn't £199, it was £237.

1440p at 32" - nah not for me. But then again I would not want a 27" with 1080p either.

Whatever you buy it sometimes feel like a panel lottery when you roll the dice.

31.5" 16:9 1440 is higher ppi than 27" 16:9 1080p

Associate
Happy with mine needed to tweak a few things but for the money can't complain.

Gaming
Browsing
Etc
All good

can you please share your monitor settings & how is it connected ? i always have my monitor's on fairly low light via ati ccc because brighter screens hurt my eyes but with this monitor it means GHOSTING in everything even the mouse pointer !!!!!!

Associate
I am still on the quest for sharp fonts... I am connected using a Thunderbolt to HDMI (DP 1.2) cable specced at 60Hz.
I do have shadows around most of my fonts. I would love to hear comments what would be the best cabling, screen settings (brightness, Hz, etc), and Windows 10 font size.
I have an Nvidia graphics card (quadro m2000m).

Or is it expected that fonts on such a large screen (dpi 93.3) will be blurry...

Thanks!

jcr

jcr

Associate
i have found that my monitor looks a lot better on linux (mint) than windows (7). the smearing of dark colours on light backgrounds when scrolling on websites is quite bad in windows. mainly black and dark red colours. on linux this is far less noticeable. its plugged into an r9 290x.

Associate
I use 100% but then again I like small icons, text, etc.
I do as well. But it seems that when its that small its not possible to get clear fonts as there are not enough pixels to cover the font (perhaps I am spoiled since I was working with a 4K 15" laptop panel). Do you have Cleartype set ? Or any other settings that you can recommend ?
Thanks!

Associate
After initially being horrified by the ghosting, I've gotten used to it. This monitor is big, has fantastic contrast, decent colors, ok brightness and the pixel density is pretty good (and I was using a 24 inch 4K monitor). 75 Hz and Freesync is perfect for my RX Vega 56. No dead pixels either.

All in all, for the price I bought it at (£200) it's a great deal as there is nothing else even remotely close to it at this price point, IF you can tolerate the ghosting.

Associate
I really can't notice the ghosting as much as people are saying. Only when I first pulled it out of the box did i notice it.

Im connected using the supplied display port cable (the one that looks like a chunky HDMI cable). I have installed the profile listed earlier in this thread then tweaked the brightness and colours through nvidea control panel.

Back
Top Bottom