AOC u3477Pqu 34-Inch 3440 x 1440 Monitor

Associate
As a follow up to anyone in the same boat as me for the last week or so, reading up all the various ultra wides endlessly, etc.

EDIT: Backlight bleed in the two bottom corners has become very apparent in a dark room. Its a shame, because on anything besides black the monitor is beautiful. However, RMA time I think.

Last edited:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I'm debating the AOC U3477PQU in the B-Grade section (I'm not bothered about scratches etc) - but I assume it might be a returned monitor due to dead pixels or backlight bleed?

I've never really experienced backlight bleed - am I to assume it's only really an issue if you game in the dark (which I don't)? I don't watch movies at all on my computer.

Associate
I RMA'd one of these. I've got to admit I'm tempted for a B-grade.

The back light bleed wasn't TERRIBLE but playing Elite Dangerous a lot, it's almost always black and thus pretty obvious.

I was more bothered by it not waking up from sleep properly and the inbuilt USB hub going funky after sleep.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's a shockingly, perhaps suspiciously given it's virtually half the RRP, cheap deal for the B grade one. If I hadn't bought a Samsung 34" I might have been tempted to take a punt on it for that price.

34" 3440x1440 21:9 is a fantastic resolution for gaming and an effective multi-monitor replacement for productivity. Wouldn't contemplate anything else after using one for a couple of weeks!

Last edited:
Soldato
It's hard to imagine someone returning one of these for any reason OTHER than it having excessive bleed/glow... unless they just overestimated the size of monitor their desk could take! That said, I'm sure I've read OCUK will sell B-Grade products that haven't necessarily been sold before, rather they have just been received open/damaged direct from suppliers, so you MAY get lucky. Don't think I'd risk it though... £20+ to return if you're not happy and it's not a serious fault.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I've sent cs a webnote asking if b-grades include monitors returned for backlight issues.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Of course they do. It will be the primary reason the u3477pqu's were returned and are now b-graded.

I wasn't aware you worked for OCUK. I'd have thought you'd have had more than 6 posts on here.

Thanks for the info.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Well I got a response from CS and one B-Grade u3477Pqu is on it's way. It'll be replacing an AOC Q2963PM which I've been very happy with.

One thing my monitors MUST have is no-PWM backlighting as I'm very sensitive to it, so glad the u3477Pqu is PWM free as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Well I got a response from CS and one B-Grade u3477Pqu is on it's way. It'll be replacing an AOC Q2963PM which I've been very happy with.

One thing my monitors MUST have is no-PWM backlighting as I'm very sensitive to it, so glad the u3477Pqu is PWM free as well :)

Hi, whats wrong with them?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Well fortunately I'm not very sensitive to black light bleed and I don't watch movies or game in the dark, so fingers crossed it'll be ok.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

No, my limited posts clearly shows i don't know what i'm talking about:rolleyes: The monitors were probably sent back for no reason at all :rolleyes:

CS told me most B-Grades have never been opened and just have damaged boxes and others of this monitor have been sent back because the customer found them too big.

We'll see if that holds up.

Associate
CS told me most B-Grades have never been opened and just have damaged boxes and others of this monitor have been sent back because the customer found them too big.

We'll see if that holds up.

If they told you that it's complete b.s. Anyone with half a brain knows that the majority of the monitors with the 34'' LG ultrawide panel will have been sent back due to excessive backlight bleed. Of course a retailer is not going to openly admit that as they need to clear b-stock

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

If they told you that it's complete b.s. Anyone with half a brain knows that the majority of the monitors with the 34'' LG ultrawide panel will have been sent back due to excessive backlight bleed. Of course a retailer is not going to openly admit that as they need to clear b-stock

We'll find out on Wednesday :)

In the meantime - anyone have a good way of recording/checking for backlight bleed? If I can't see it with the naked eye then it obvisouly isn't a problem but I'd like to record it (or lack of it hopefully) nonetheless for my fellow forumites.

Associate
That just it, If it was returned for backlight bleed it would have been because you could notice it with the naked eye. To be honest i have gone through 6 or so screens all with a backlight issue, all you could notice from the naked eye in normal or dark conditions. I truly hope you have a good screen, let us all know how you get on.

Back
Top Bottom