AOC u3477Pqu 34-Inch 3440 x 1440 Monitor

Soldato
That has to be the worst case of bleed/glow in the history of monitors?! How the hell does that leave the factory, seriously, HOW?

OcUK Staff
By a country mile that's WAYYY better, and when it's this obvious from photos, that's really not a good sign. Just angers me that so many monitors suffer with this now... it's only doing damage to the companies in question, and shafting the consumer in the process... but at least you can return it. I hope everyone who has this problem is doing so, because it's the only way they're going to get the message.

Actually only really the etailor gets shafted as we b-grade them and then sell them at a loss, LG, AOC will not take them back or its a difficult process and as such they typically just get b-graded and sold at a loss.

We complain the companies all the time, but it just seems an issue with IPS screens in general mainly to be honest as they suffer IPS glow and backlight bleed issues more so than other panel types.

Associate
Actually only really the etailor gets shafted as we b-grade them and then sell them at a loss, LG, AOC will not take them back or its a difficult process and as such they typically just get b-graded and sold at a loss.

We complain the companies all the time, but it just seems an issue with IPS screens in general mainly to be honest as they suffer IPS glow and backlight bleed issues more so than other panel types.

As i was thinking .. might just hold out for the samsung VA version and see the feedback for that screen hmmmmm

Associate
Mine has had to go:(
It would switch itself off and on every now and then and the backlight bleed was too much.(much worse than my DGM !)
Am not into rma 'ing until I get a good one so it has gone back and I am back with ghe DGM.
Ocuk's customer service was excellent ! Cannot praise enough.
Rang ?
Monday
Collected Tuesday
Received by ocuk on Wednesday
One hour later full refund made:):)

Have just got to choose a suitable replacement:confused:

Associate
Lads beware of this monitor. AOC traded the first u3477Pqu for a brand new one and the 2nd one still has dreadful back light bleed. Especially on the bottom left hand corner

Im really gutted by all this. This is going back to AOC and getting a full refund.

I have no idea what to go for now :( :(

Soldato
I've ordered the Samsung 34" 21:9. VA panel so no backlight bleed and seems to be getting good feedback on this forum.

I'll update the Samsung thread with my thoughts once it arrives.

Associate
I have one of these on order and am becoming quite concerned about the backlight bleed issue. Originally I went for this monitor as opposed to the competing ultra-wide's because it seemed to have the least issues and some of the best reviews.

Are only some panels faulty?

If that's the case, and I receive delivery of a faulty one, I understand OCUK will collect this for a return. Is it possible to get a refund at this point or just a new monitor of the same type?

Thanks.

Soldato
I have one of these on order and am becoming quite concerned about the backlight bleed issue. Originally I went for this monitor as opposed to the competing ultra-wide's because it seemed to have the least issues and some of the best reviews.

Are only some panels faulty?

If that's the case, and I receive delivery of a faulty one, I understand OCUK will collect this for a return. Is it possible to get a refund at this point or just a new monitor of the same type?

Thanks.

Not ALL panels will suffer with horrendous bleed... but some do. Bit of a lottery really. Depending how bad it is, you may or may not be able to return it at OCUK's expense. You can return in no matter what within 14 days, but if it's for minor bleed or because you simply don't like it, then that return cost will be out of your pocket. If you haven't got it yet though, you can of course simply cancel your order and just get something else.

Associate
I sent my (2nd) LG monitor back because of bleed - they picked it up and gave me a refund. Bought a Samsung 34 instead. No bleed, and after a lot of faffing around with the settings it's very good.

Associate
Not ALL panels will suffer with horrendous bleed... but some do. Bit of a lottery really. Depending how bad it is, you may or may not be able to return it at OCUK's expense. You can return in no matter what within 14 days, but if it's for minor bleed or because you simply don't like it, then that return cost will be out of your pocket. If you haven't got it yet though, you can of course simply cancel your order and just get something else.

Thanks for our reply. In the mean time my order has been dispatched, so I will hope for the best.

I'm baffled as to how the monitor can have such positive reviews, yet so many issues with back light bleed on some sets.

Back
Top Bottom