• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If you're going to put out a £1000+ GPUs at least put some multi-million pound investment into developing games/creating new studios that take full advantage of the hardware.

Asking a £1000+ just to play souped up console ports at higher resolution/frame rate is just an act of lunacy.
I don't agree with some of your ravings but you are spot on this time.

Nvidia make so much money from selling GPU's, if they made games that were PC only that took full advantage of their hardware they would get more people into PC gaming and it would help sell their RTX stuff also.

Maybe there is a legal reason or the numbers do not add up to make it an worthwhile investment? They should just buy Crytek, probably would be silly cheap now. They could make a new Crysis game :p

OcUK Staff
OP
Do we know what the power limit or boost clock for the xtreme will be?

They are working on them, 2080 is 1890MHz which I think is one if not the fastest 2080 and in short that means 2000MHz out the box.

I suspect they will try to outperform all competitors with 2080Ti as well. :)

Mobster
Soldato
We can overclock ourselves, as much as I love the Aorus brand, its difficult to pay £200 extra over the normal Winforce with no LED's.

Soldato
We can overclock ourselves, as much as I love the Aorus brand, its difficult to pay £200 extra over the normal Winforce with no LED's.

push Gaming OC for the 4 year warranty to match aorus ? windforce only has 3- if your going to pay a lot, might as get as best coverage as you can :)

Nvidia make so much money from selling GPU's, if they made games that were PC only that took full advantage of their hardware they would get more people into PC gaming and it would help sell their RTX stuff also.

Maybe there is a legal reason or the numbers do not add up to make it an worthwhile investment? They should just buy Crytek, probably would be silly cheap now. They could make a new Crysis game :p

wonder if 2080ti can run crysis 1 if it enabled Ray tracing ... haha

Soldato

They used to make more tech demos back in the day showing off the hardware. I used to wonder why they wouldnt just make a full on game. Remember how good Mad Mod Mike was even for the 7800gtx and how smooth it ran. And that was 2005, the playstation 2 days. Imagine what they could do now

Associate
They are working on them, 2080 is 1890MHz which I think is one if not the fastest 2080 and in short that means 2000MHz out the box.

Think I might have to preorder then. £1289.99 is reasonable compared to Strix prices.

Associate
I would have to ask @GIGA-Man if the build quality of this card has been improved over the cheap, flimsy construction of the 1080 xtreme and the 1080ti aorus.

I had an xtreme and it was so flimsy and cheap feeling it was pathetic, it looked solid enough but as soon as you picked it up you could virtually see the coca cola logo in the paper thin metal on the shroud. Seen quite a few stories of people getting the xtreme and aorus and having issues with a bent fan bracket, causing clashing fans and other issues with the supplied overclock not working without crashing. The vid shows a nice looking card even with the rgb's in the fan, i just would expect MUCH better build quality compared to the last 2 attempts. This video and ending from Jayz2cents pretty much said it all:

Must say i love my Aorus 1080ti, the metal might be thin but im glad it is as its heavy enough as it is.

Caporegime
Must say i love my Aorus 1080ti, the metal might be thin but im glad it is as its heavy enough as it is.

Maybe so but it smacked of really cheap build quality. The minute i picked up my xtreme card it just didn't have a quality feel to it, you could feel the metal flexing through just holding it. Had they went with a plastic shroud i doubt anyone would have batted an eyelid as that's common. For these newer cards though i would hope they are better built considering the price they're asking. The xtreme and aorus ti had a plenty of issues with the fans clashing, preprogrammed overclocks being unstable and heatsink fins being bent from the packaging procedure, i read a load of reviews over different etailers and these issues were very common, especially the card arriving damaged, the card (1080 xtreme) was launched, disappeared for a while then reappeared when they revised the packaging, which was basically just cardboard boxends put over the heatsink to try and stop it being damaged in transit.

This looks like it could be better built but pics and a video can only say so much.

Soldato
Maybe so but it smacked of really cheap build quality. The minute i picked up my xtreme card it just didn't have a quality feel to it, you could feel the metal flexing through just holding it. Had they went with a plastic shroud i doubt anyone would have batted an eyelid as that's common. For these newer cards though i would hope they are better built considering the price they're asking. The xtreme and aorus ti had a plenty of issues with the fans clashing, preprogrammed overclocks being unstable and heatsink fins being bent from the packaging procedure, i read a load of reviews over different etailers and these issues were very common, especially the card arriving damaged, the card (1080 xtreme) was launched, disappeared for a while then reappeared when they revised the packaging, which was basically just cardboard boxends put over the heatsink to try and stop it being damaged in transit.

This looks like it could be better built but pics and a video can only say so much.

You confusing built like a brick **** house as quality. The prime functions of a GPU isn't it's physical strength. Performance, heat dispersion and noise levels are more important factors.

The Extreme's weight was put into the back plate, the shroud it is light as possible in a metal form.
So the card is delicate and needs careful handling. If you plan on going water cooling be very careful.
I also I don't get any sagging from the Aorus, where as a lot of other heavy 1080ti do suffer.

The problems with the 1080 versions were fixed before the 1080ti versions appeared.

Caporegime
You confusing built like a brick **** house as quality. The prime functions of a GPU isn't it's physical strength. Performance, heat dispersion and noise levels are more important factors.

Nope, for example the FE card is solidly built but not in the brick ********* style, it's just a quality feeling and looking piece of hardware. Some of the issues of the Xtreme were fixed with the aorus, but cards arriving with wonky fans due to the hilariously flimsy construction of the shroud was still an issue that cropped up. Not as much but that was more down to them making the packaging better than any real changes done to the shroud.

Quite aware of what it's prime functions are but if you're charging premium price then you would think the build quality would match.

This card at least appears to have a plastic shroud this time around so hopefully they've done a better job.

Last edited:
Caporegime

If they're still messing with clock speed I'd say your estimate to have them in stock is optimistic at best.

OcUK Staff
OP
Say hello to waterblocked versions:

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce 11264MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £1,499.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Giga...DDR6-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-1AE-GI.html

GV-N208TAORUSX WB-11GC, Boost Clock: TBAMHz, Memory 11264MB 14140MHz GDDR6, Cuda Cores: 4352, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, NVIDIA Turing, 12nm Process, Real-Time Ray Tracing, 4 Years Warranty.

Only £1,499.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 2080 Xtreme WaterForce 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £999.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Giga...DDR6-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-1AF-GI.html

GV-N2080AORUSX WB-8GC, Boost Clock: 1890MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14140MHz GDDR6, Cuda Cores: 2944, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, NVIDIA Turing, 12nm Process, Real-Time Ray Tracing, 4yr Warranty.

Only £999.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Back
Top Bottom