• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Associate
@GIGA-Man

today on my 2080ti xtreme waterforce i noticed 2 white leds above the pci e power connectors. I’ve never seen this before. Sorry to hijack I wanted to send a pm but couldn’t see how or if I could.

website says it means disconnected but I’m in windows and running games at 200fps currently. I just done a fresh installing windows tonight. (For unrelated issues I’ve been having with something else)

any idea what this means? Or if I should be worried, I got the card in January last year

Associate
@GIGA-Man

today on my 2080ti xtreme waterforce i noticed 2 white leds above the pci e power connectors. I’ve never seen this before. Sorry to hijack I wanted to send a pm but couldn’t see how or if I could.

website says it means disconnected but I’m in windows and running games at 200fps currently. I just done a fresh installing windows tonight. (For unrelated issues I’ve been having with something else)

any idea what this means? Or if I should be worried, I got the card in January last year

I'd guess those lights mean the PCIE connectors are connected properly and the GPU is getting power normally and that the website is actually wrong.

Associate
the 2 leds have never came back on for me, just that one time. I've had a few issues with games crashing though and been having texture issues in warzone. I've reinstalled and DDU graphic drivers more times than I care to think plus reinstalling windows twice with fresh installs.

Benchmarks are working fine and stress tests didn't seem to cause any issues, but it worries me that a number of games are crashing without reason at times. If it wasn't for the amount spent I probably wouldn't worry as much, but those 2 leds at the time gave a bit of reason as to why.. despite never coming back on since. FPS in games is great no complaints there

Associate
Hey @OwenChief ,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy the last few weeks, not had a chance to check the forums until my day off. When the games crash do you have any artefacting on the screen? I would recommend running a programme like HWinfo so you can see your temps in game. I worry if it's working okay with stress tests and benchmarks okay, we will test it here and not find an issue.

I can have it collected and tested for 24 hours to see if there is a hardware issue, you do say Warzone has texture issues. It would lead me to think there could be an issue with part of one of the memory chips perhaps.

Associate
Hey @OwenChief ,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy the last few weeks, not had a chance to check the forums until my day off. When the games crash do you have any artefacting on the screen? I would recommend running a programme like HWinfo so you can see your temps in game. I worry if it's working okay with stress tests and benchmarks okay, we will test it here and not find an issue.

I can have it collected and tested for 24 hours to see if there is a hardware issue, you do say Warzone has texture issues. It would lead me to think there could be an issue with part of one of the memory chips perhaps.

thanks, I've DDU the drivers and tried a couple other things. It has started to dawn on me that maybe my trusty Corsair RM750i may also be underpowered since I switched to a full custom loop in February. I am tempted to try a 1000w PSU instead as currently I'm running

Aorus Z390 master Motherboard
i9 9900k CPU
Aorus Xtreme 2080Ti
4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 DDR4 (RGB)
2x Samsung 970 Evo NVMe drives (1tb & 500gb)
1x 4tb SSHD storage drive

EK D5 Pump/res combo
cpu/gpu blocks both have rgb

then you have the corsair RGB stuff on top of that
1x Corsair Commander Pro
2x Corsair Lightning Node Pro
7x Corsair ML120 RGB fans
3x EK Vardar F120

I ran this all through an online calculator and it came up to a load of 700w (estimated). I've had this corsair PSU since March 2016 and its always held up well, but maybe I am teetering on the limits??

Associate
thanks, I've DDU the drivers and tried a couple other things. It has started to dawn on me that maybe my trusty Corsair RM750i may also be underpowered since I switched to a full custom loop in February. I am tempted to try a 1000w PSU instead as currently I'm running

Aorus Z390 master Motherboard
i9 9900k CPU
Aorus Xtreme 2080Ti
4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 DDR4 (RGB)
2x Samsung 970 Evo NVMe drives (1tb & 500gb)
1x 4tb SSHD storage drive

EK D5 Pump/res combo
cpu/gpu blocks both have rgb

then you have the corsair RGB stuff on top of that
1x Corsair Commander Pro
2x Corsair Lightning Node Pro
7x Corsair ML120 RGB fans
3x EK Vardar F120

I ran this all through an online calculator and it came up to a load of 700w (estimated). I've had this corsair PSU since March 2016 and its always held up well, but maybe I am teetering on the limits??

I really don't think your PSU is the issue here, it's an extremely good unit and has a 10 year warranty if I'm not mistaken. I do think @GIGA-Man is more on the right track with potential memory issues.

Associate
I really don't think your PSU is the issue here, it's an extremely good unit and has a 10 year warranty if I'm not mistaken. I do think @GIGA-Man is more on the right track with potential memory issues.

the psu is great it’s not about brand, it’s been a solid performer I’ve had since the start of 2016 long before I upgraded to the rig capacity I have now. For 90% of systems I’d highly recommend it and I’ve bought a Corsair RM1000i to replace it as ive been chuffed with performance and no audible whine

however, PSUs work at optimal efficiency when they are at about 80% load I think. I can't remember the exact number but Jayztwocentz did a video on it. Its better to always go higher

Also some components will draw more than their rated wattage to start up, so I’ve always wanted to give myself a lot more room before things start to go bad. I used another website to calculate what could be my capacity under load and some said I may even reach 740w and even on a gold rated it will struggle to ever reach its advertised rating so it makes sense that I may be struggling on that front. When I bought it in 2016 750w felt like overkill so it’s something I never even thought about until all the troubleshooting and process of elimination stuff recently

Associate
I get what you're saying, still have the feeling it's something else at play with your particular situation though. But you've ordered a 1000w unit? be interested to know if that sorts the issues.

I can't really talk, I run a 1000w unit with the rig in my sig. Not for power reasons obviously, but for silence reasons. This is an extremely quiet PC.

Associate
Hey OwenCheif,

It's totally your call, it could be the PSU but I'm not so sure. If you want to try and new one and still have the issue, let me know and I'll have the VGA card tested.

Associate
@GIGA-Man My 2080ti windforce oc that I bought at launch is going black screen and full reboot more and more often. Should I contact ocuk or GB direct for RMA? I've done all the usual steps and it's doing it in another PC, while my 980ti has no such issues on my current PC. So done as much as I could from a troubleshooting standpoint along with clean driver installs as you'd imagine.

It's on it's way out.

Back
Top Bottom