• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Associate
Didn't notice any mention of cod on their listing, they've no eta either so probably a while off yet.

Agreed. They have zero info on any card on listed on the website. I ordered a Trio and they removed the listing so it was delayed indefinitely. Gibbo coming through as per usual though. Glad I ordered from here now.

Associate
This concerns me: https://www.kitguru.net/components/.../gigabyte-aorus-rtx-2080-xtreme-8g-review/16/

And
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_nUNTcg3sc

If this is accurate, and it seems to be, based on the fact Kit Guru’s testing matched Gigabyte’s own figures, then how the f is that same cooler going to cope with a Ti chip?! It’ll sound like a Dyson. I hope that this isn’t my experience with the card.

Gibbo, I’m sorry to even have to ask this, but what is the deal with returning the card if it works, but sounds like a Dyson under load?

Associate
I’m not sure how KitGuru could be wrong other than having a faulty card, but here’s something not right here. If it was a degree or two hotter and a little bit louder than the Windforce card, I could believe it, but 10C hotter and 7db louder seems absurd.

OcUK Staff
OP
This concerns me: https://www.kitguru.net/components/.../gigabyte-aorus-rtx-2080-xtreme-8g-review/16/

And
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_nUNTcg3sc

If this is accurate, and it seems to be, based on the fact Kit Guru’s testing matched Gigabyte’s own figures, then how the f is that same cooler going to cope with a Ti chip?! It’ll sound like a Dyson. I hope that this isn’t my experience with the card.

Gibbo, I’m sorry to even have to ask this, but what is the deal with returning the card if it works, but sounds like a Dyson under load?

Returning it is fine, I've already shown Gigabyte that Kitguru review and asked exactly the same thing. Awaiting feedback.

Associate
Thanks Gibbo.

I could believe it if the Aorus was slightly behind another top end card like Asus, or MSI, but not way behind, and especially not against their own lower end card.

The result of turning out a review like that would simply not be worth it. It goes against the brand values that’s aorus is supposed to represent.

We’ll see what happens. The more I read on this, the more it seems the review card must have been flawed in some way. I’ll report back on Tuesday for anyone interested.

Soldato
Ha, "perfected"! Who comes up with these fate tempting subject titles? Taking a leaf out of Jensen's playbook it seems. If that KitGuru review is accurate and they don't have a faulty card, the 2080 appears to be the worst AIB of them all in respect to temps and noise. What a joke.

Associate
If they are using stock fan curves I can see how the card is ramping up to 70oC as I'm fairly sure the stock fan curve doesn't kick fans on until 60oC. Imo having them off until 40-45 would be adequate then have them slowly ramp up.

Associate
Pretty worried about this card after that KitGuru review, if the same heatsink and cooling solution can't keep a 2080 cool, dread to think how it would cope with a 2080 Ti with 1.5x the core count.

Added to that I was planning on mounting the card vertically in my Phanteks Evolv X to get full effect from the LED fans, but doing so seems to add 5-10C to temperatures according to some testing of thick cards (https://www.reddit.com/r/Phanteks/comments/9rjf4q/evolv_x_vertical_gpu_still_causes_bad_thermals/).

Not sure if I should cancel my order and wait even longer for the Amp Extreme :confused:

Caporegime
Pretty worried about this card after that KitGuru review, if the same heatsink and cooling solution can't keep a 2080 cool, dread to think how it would cope with a 2080 Ti with 1.5x the core count.

Added to that I was planning on mounting the card vertically in my Phanteks Evolv X to get full effect from the LED fans, but doing so seems to add 5-10C to temperatures according to some testing of thick cards (https://www.reddit.com/r/Phanteks/comments/9rjf4q/evolv_x_vertical_gpu_still_causes_bad_thermals/).

Not sure if I should cancel my order and wait even longer for the Amp Extreme :confused:

It pushes the card closer to the case window so not as much air getting to it. You could try a cablemod vertical pcie bracket to move it much further back but it means the only thing you can have installed in a slot is the gpu.

7NPsiyN.jpg

Bracket works for 3 slot cards but only those with 2 i\o plates on the back, the overhanging shroud variety. Not 3 actual plates at the back like evga FTW3.

Last edited:
Associate
I wonder if these new arous 2080ti extreme have the new Samsung ram?

This “Micron RAM might be the problem” rumour is unproven at this stage.

One of us will post up on here when the card goes in their PC. I will be expecting mine to be a similar volume to my Asus Strix 1080, which is one of the early cards that wasn’t the quietest. It’s louder than most of the big 2080Ti cards I’ve seen reviewed from Asus and MSI. If it’s way louder, it’ll be going back and I might even sack the whole idea of getting a 2080Ti.

I have sympathy with vendors like OCUK on this subject because I’m pretty sure they’re as unhappy about this **** as we are, whatever their margin.

Back
Top Bottom