Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Associate
Thx for the reply - I agree but I'll give F4j a shot later, Ive nothing to lose! Ill try single channel tonight as well to see if it affects both slots. I'm almost certain its a bad reading from the board sensor rather than the actual voltage, my oc results are exactly what I would expect from the value im entering in bios. If it is just a measuring fault with my specific board it wont bother me at all, I just need to know so I can set up my oc properly with peace of mind than im not shoving damaging levels of voltages unintentionally :)
Same behaviour in single channel using each slot individually and F4j made no difference sadly. Ill sit tight and see what support say...

Associate
Thx for the reply - I agree but I'll give F4j a shot later, Ive nothing to lose! Ill try single channel tonight as well to see if it affects both slots. I'm almost certain its a bad reading from the board sensor rather than the actual voltage, my oc results are exactly what I would expect from the value im entering in bios. If it is just a measuring fault with my specific board it wont bother me at all, I just need to know so I can set up my oc properly with peace of mind than im not shoving damaging levels of voltages unintentionally :)

Okay, so we looked into this for you, the sensor is actually on the chipset... however older version of the BIOS and monitoring software are reporting it wrong...
with the latest BIOS ad versions of HWinfo and SIV, the same PCU temp is reported and seems correct. however the latest version of AIDA64 version 2019.05.21. does seem to be reporting wrong. Please see the screen shot for our tests, I had to use an X570 MASTER but it shows the difference.

X570AMPCHtemp.PNG

Last edited:
Associate
Okay, so we looked into this for you, the sensor is actually on the chipset... however older version of the BIOS and monitoring software are reporting it wrong...
with the latest BIOS ad versions of HWinfo and SIV, the same PCU temp is reported and seems correct. however the latest version of AIDA64 version 2019.05.21. does seem to be reporting wrong. Please see the screen shot for our tests, I had to use an X570 MASTER but it shows the difference.

X570AMPCHtemp.PNG

What about that 62.5C temp on HWinfo(othe chipset temp) also in aida64 version there is new reading- PCH temp which would read that 62.5C, which you have on hwinfo, please investigate. this temp actually can go up to 83-85C :S

Associate
np although i wish i knew how to force a swap on the pro :D

Same here, I have an Ultra though, I don't really understand the dual bios thing, is there a way to manually swap to the backup bios? can the backup bios be flashed too or is it read only?. If the main bios gets corrupted how would I recover it from the backup bios or would that be something that happens automatically?

Associate
Same here, I have an Ultra though, I don't really understand the dual bios thing, is there a way to manually swap to the backup bios? can the backup bios be flashed too or is it read only?. If the main bios gets corrupted how would I recover it from the backup bios or would that be something that happens automatically?
the master should have a bios switch somewhere, my version will swap automatically and it usually only will swpa if you get bios corruption from what ive read.

Associate
Both times I got in and out of the backup bios on the Aorus Pro was when I turned the power off during a boot loop. There wasn't any corruption involved in either case. The board just didn't like some memory timings I got from the Ryzen DRAM Calculator.

Soldato
OP
im sure like other Gigabyte Dual bios boards you can switch it to running Single bios only. does mean if you flash , it flashes to both at the same time and your a bit screwed .

Associate
Got a reply to my ticket in just over 3 days, they want a bios screenshot and want me to try F4J. Sent screenshots over and let them know ive already tried J and am now on L, but honestly Im just going to ring OCUK tomorrow for a refund as Im just within my 30 days. I have no intention of trying to have a conversation over the kind of time scale this Gigabyte support system runs at, and its just going to end up being a return anyway when they finally agree its faulty. Only then Ill be outside my refund window and at the mercy of it coming back in stock whereas this way I can just buy another from whoever gets it in stock first.

Associate
Got a reply to my ticket in just over 3 days, they want a bios screenshot and want me to try F4J. Sent screenshots over and let them know ive already tried J and am now on L, but honestly Im just going to ring OCUK tomorrow for a refund as Im just within my 30 days. I have no intention of trying to have a conversation over the kind of time scale this Gigabyte support system runs at, and its just going to end up being a return anyway when they finally agree its faulty. Only then Ill be outside my refund window and at the mercy of it coming back in stock whereas this way I can just buy another from whoever gets it in stock first.
It's a pity you ended up having this experience. On paper at least, it's a really good motherboard.

Associate
What about that 62.5C temp on HWinfo(othe chipset temp) also in aida64 version there is new reading- PCH temp which would read that 62.5C, which you have on hwinfo, please investigate. this temp actually can go up to 83-85C :S

Hey Tomuks,

I have reported this to my HQ but so I can get them to chase it up faster, could you send a screen shot of the temps, showing the temps and HWinfo version and result.

Thanks

Associate

Sorry it took so long for you to get a response, do you have the ticket number they passed you. I can chase why this took so long, sorry you had these issues.

Back
Top Bottom