• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus Master / Extreme (3080+3090) Thread

Associate
Hey all,

I'm trying to post the info I can when I can, to say I don't care is not true. That said, I understand why everyone is getting frustrated.

@GIGA-Man If you could PM me on the board if you have 30 seconds to read some info would be great, and don't take it personally no one means it to be the price of fame ;)

Associate
What can you tell about the 3080 Xtreme shipment you mentioned before?

They shipped to OCUK in the rough numbers I mentioned, it should have arrived yesterday based on the info I have been given by our sales team. As I stated in previous posts recently, if a question from a forum member involves stock of a RTX 30 card I will not reply directly any longer and will post updates weekly on shipment when I have the info.

Associate
It is so disappointing that the information each of us are requesting is being hushed because there isn't an easy answer. shipments of quantities of cards stated have disappeared. a whole shipment of every type of card bar the 3080 Xtreme has arrived and people just want to know why, if there is a problem with the cards? a problem with supply? would we be better off changing to a different Aorus model? are we likely to get these cards in a new shipment in the next few weeks? we all have so many questions because no one has answers and now the one person that has tried to help when they can seems to have been given a gagging order by OCUK.

Is there another medium you would be more inclined to divulge the Gigabyte situation on the 3080 as by the looks of it, it's not an OCUK issue?

Associate
They shipped to OCUK in the rough numbers I mentioned, it should have arrived yesterday based on the info I have been given by our sales team. As I stated in previous posts recently, if a question from a forum member involves stock of a RTX 30 card I will not reply directly any longer and will post updates weekly on shipment when I have the info.
Just to confirm, we won't be receiving any more updates regarding stock supplies with Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080? Where should we look for information then??? My queue moved from 170 to 150 IN A MONTH, am I expected to wait for it over half a year? I'm really unhappy with the current situation....

Associate
Just to confirm, we won't be receiving any more updates regarding stock supplies with Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080? Where should we look for information then??? My queue moved from 170 to 150 IN A MONTH, am I expected to wait for it over half a year? I'm really unhappy with the current situation....

Maybe you can't read he literally says he will post info on stock levels when he gets it weekly.

Associate
Thanks, I appreciate your time.
When I said UK branch don't care about us, I mean Aorus as company, I understand that you are limited by higher tiers inside the company in what you can say.

Sorry if any comment seemed personal, it was not my intention.

Associate
Take care guys, I'm out of the forum, will not be here anymore now that I have cancelled.

Hope you guys get your cards soon.

May the force be with you

baby-yoda-bye-bye-icegif.gif

Associate
I’ve had nothing but bad experiences with OCuk so far, only reason why I haven’t cancelled is because I can’t get hold of an extreme anywhere else. The communication from Oc and Aorus have been pitiful, might as well use a crystal ball

Associate
I’ve had nothing but bad experiences with OCuk so far, only reason why I haven’t cancelled is because I can’t get hold of an extreme anywhere else. The communication from Oc and Aorus have been pitiful, might as well use a crystal ball

I agree with you, I'm in the same position, I'm not cancelling the order as it wouldn't get me anywhere. That being said this is the first time a significant supply of cards has been delivered so I'm really hoping they can ship at least that many (if not more) each week now and maybe I'll have my card by the time Cyberpunk is released (I'm just over position 100 now so if they ship 30 each week it'll be here in time) :)

Associate
@Gigabit
Hello kind sir ,

Are you able to confirm if 3080 xtreme stock is going to improve in the coming weeks before the end of 2020?

I've tried contacting aorus twitter and support but no avail.

Cheers my guy!

Associate
OP

Was put in touch with a high Gigabyte rep via a few emails and phone calls. Turns out stock has been shipped to OCUK with Aorus Xtreme cards. Atleast 3 times from what they tell me. They're dumbfounded why cards haven't been shipped to customers.

What do you know? Also how am I able to get this information before you?

Associate
Was put in touch with a high Gigabyte rep via a few emails and phone calls. Turns out stock has been shipped to OCUK with Aorus Xtreme cards. Atleast 3 times from what they tell me. They're dumbfounded why cards haven't been shipped to customers.

What do you know? Also how am I able to get this information before you?

This is pretty evident of something shady, i'm not angry, just disappointed :(

Associate
New card arrived today. Finally!

Compared to my old Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti the RTX 3090 card isn’t actually that much bigger, 2 or 3cm longer and quite a bit thicker, probably an extension port wider in fairness but otherwise not dissimilar.

Installation was a doddle as you might expect. But this card only just fits in my case. I have a Corsair Carbide Spec Delta which is a mid tower case and trust me it’s about as small as you can get before the cards not going to fit.

Default clock speed is supposed to be 1785mhz, but having sat and watched it using HWinfo it seems to boost to high 1800’s low 1900 and stay there. Temp wise the card didn’t go above 59 degrees until I used MSI afterburner to up the core power output to 105%, when I did that it was using 389w power and went to 66 degrees. In doing this the card stayed in the low 1900mhz pretty much constantly while playing COD Modern Warfare which I’m pretty happy with. Card hasn’t gone about 1985mhz yet, guessing the drivers are keeping it honest.

Performance wise, I’ve not tested a lot to be honest. But COD MW in full 4K, everything maxed out with ray Tracing switched on and it’s doing an average of 100fps. That will absolutely do as far as I am concerned.

4-E654-FED-B838-40-D2-8180-DE66-F8-C0-E608.jpg

127-D55-FA-D180-4-B8-B84-B-6-E2295-A9-CB97.jpg

7-D465-CA4-2-AC0-49-D8-A0-CA-62-C78-F5-DC509.jpg

4295539-F-D42-D-4620-AA95-E0-DFAF44-D13-A.jpg

Associate
This is getting beyond a joke now, I did order slightly later so I was 112 in the queue for the Aorus 3080 Xtreme but ive gone from 112 to 90 is 2 months; I'm guessing most of the queue jumps have been cancellations. I should have gone with Scan honestly my mates have received their EVGA cards already/.

Back
Top Bottom