Aorus Owner's Lounge

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Hi,

We have created an RMA on the laptop so that we can get it swapped out for a new one for you.

If you wish we can arrange to have the courier come and pick it up from you tomorrow.

Associate
Atom08

I have been pointed in the direction of this forum by a fellow owner of an X3 on the official aorus support forum.

Thread is here -- http://forum.aorus.com/forum/gaming-laptops/support/4111-x3-repair-nightmare?_=1444639484626

Back in July I purchased an X3 - please let me first say I was extremely pleased with my purchase, the laptop was perfect for my needs. I use it for both work (everyday) and gaming.

At the start of september I noticed the screen was starting to flicker intermittently so set about reinstalling GPU drivers and eventually did a fresh install of windows 10. After working out it could only be hardware I contacted Aorus and subsequently MendIT and had the machine collected around 10th september.

I was told that the machine needed a display cable and that the parts would be coming from Taiwan and would take 7-10 working days, not great but I could handle the wait. The 7-10 working day deadline was 2 weeks ago, at first I was told the parts were on back order by MendIT but was then told by a different member of staff that the display had been cracked by the technician and they now had to replace the LCD which they were waiting for. After many emails back and forth with the Aorus tech support team, which may I add are very hard to understand and take well over 24 hours to respond I have now been told the unit is being sent to taiwan for further investigation. May I also add that any updates I got on the status of the repair I had to find out myself - I was never once contacted and have received no correspondence about the repairs at all for any party.

I have been very patient with Aorus but the news of the laptop going to Taiwan to have a new display had confused me, I have now been without a laptop that I purchased for a lot of money for a month and have only owned it for 3 in total. As mentioned before I use this machine for work which has been extremely difficult and I am now having to seriously consider purchasing another laptop. I really dont want to as I love the laptop and the Aorus brand, I feel let down and disappointed in the after sales care I have received - not to mention the fact I purchased this laptop with a look to play all the latest games coming out and am missing out on the busiest time of the year!!!!

I would really appreciate any help you can give me

thanks in advance - Paul.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom08

I have been pointed in the direction of this forum by a fellow owner of an X3 on the official aorus support forum.

Thread is here -- http://forum.aorus.com/forum/gaming-laptops/support/4111-x3-repair-nightmare?_=1444639484626

Back in July I purchased an X3 - please let me first say I was extremely pleased with my purchase, the laptop was perfect for my needs. I use it for both work (everyday) and gaming.

At the start of september I noticed the screen was starting to flicker intermittently so set about reinstalling GPU drivers and eventually did a fresh install of windows 10. After working out it could only be hardware I contacted Aorus and subsequently MendIT and had the machine collected around 10th september.

I was told that the machine needed a display cable and that the parts would be coming from Taiwan and would take 7-10 working days, not great but I could handle the wait. The 7-10 working day deadline was 2 weeks ago, at first I was told the parts were on back order by MendIT but was then told by a different member of staff that the display had been cracked by the technician and they now had to replace the LCD which they were waiting for. After many emails back and forth with the Aorus tech support team, which may I add are very hard to understand and take well over 24 hours to respond I have now been told the unit is being sent to taiwan for further investigation. May I also add that any updates I got on the status of the repair I had to find out myself - I was never once contacted and have received no correspondence about the repairs at all for any party.

I have been very patient with Aorus but the news of the laptop going to Taiwan to have a new display had confused me, I have now been without a laptop that I purchased for a lot of money for a month and have only owned it for 3 in total. As mentioned before I use this machine for work which has been extremely difficult and I am now having to seriously consider purchasing another laptop. I really dont want to as I love the laptop and the Aorus brand, I feel let down and disappointed in the after sales care I have received - not to mention the fact I purchased this laptop with a look to play all the latest games coming out and am missing out on the busiest time of the year!!!!

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear of these issues, we will look into this straight away and come back to you. We have seen communication from HQ on this subject this morning, so hope to come back to you very soon.

Also, thanks to metamorphoses for helping out and advising a good course of action :)

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom08

Hi Paul,

Update: we have a brand new unit of the same model being shipped to our service centre today. Should arrive tomorrow.

We have requested that they upgrade this unit and install an additional 256GB SSD, and an additional 8GB ram by way of compensating you for the problems that have occurred.

We hope that this solution is acceptable to you.

If you could also send through your address details to:

[email protected]

we will post our some additional items that hopefully make up for the below "what is expected" standards we believe our customers deserve.

Let us know what size of sweatshirt your would normally wear - ie M/L/XL etc

We apologise for the problems you have experienced and look forward to receiving your email.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Atom80,

I am holding off updating to Win10 until braver souls have identified and resolved any teething issues. Do you have an idea of the timescales that Aorus will be looking at to officially support this update?

Many thanks,
Chuffbaby

Just to add to the above. Are we any where near being able to upgrade to win 10 yet for x7 owners ? Thanks.

Associate
Hi Paul,

Update: we have a brand new unit of the same model being shipped to our service centre today. Should arrive tomorrow.

We have requested that they upgrade this unit and install an additional 256GB SSD, and an additional 8GB ram by way of compensating you for the problems that have occurred.

We hope that this solution is acceptable to you.

If you could also send through your address details to:

[email protected]

we will post our some additional items that hopefully make up for the below "what is expected" standards we believe our customers deserve.

Let us know what size of sweatshirt your would normally wear - ie M/L/XL etc

We apologise for the problems you have experienced and look forward to receiving your email.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Wish I'd known about this forum 2 weeks ago!!! Thank you for resolving this so quickly for me, really looking forward to getting the machine! I did send the email but got no confirmation - have you received it okay?

Associate
Wifi Signal

Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone else is experiencing shocking wifi signal from the Arous X5 i have looked on a few forums web pages even on aorus forum itself with people having similar issue. The Wifi adaptor in it is a Intel AC 7265. ( looking at forums this adaptor seems to have issues)

Basically what is happening is i am getting around 2mb speed on my internet on wifi even though i have fibre and should be getting around 50-70mb. I have my old laptop sitting next to the aorus, after running a speed test on both the difference is drastic , old laptop within the 50-70mb mark. If i move the aorus closer to my router it gets slightly better but nowhere near what i would like. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a laptop when you have to be hard wired into an Ethernet cable to get a good gaming experience and download speeds. It’s gotten to the point where i am downloading my games and updates onto my old laptop and using my external harddrive to transfer the updates across.
I have run tests and tinkered around with the settings of the wifi card
following steps given on these pages and nothing has been able to sort it. trying 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections

I purchased the laptop from overclockers on release day and have been happy with laptop except from the problem, i put up with it for this long as i just thought my internet was playing up until i ran the tests with my old laptop and realised it was not the case :D. I also raised a ticket with aorus themselves but after few emails back and forth they are asking for a proof of purchase to contact you guys.

Hope you can help or have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Liam

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone else is experiencing shocking wifi signal from the Arous X5 i have looked on a few forums web pages even on aorus forum itself with people having similar issue. The Wifi adaptor in it is a Intel AC 7265. ( looking at forums this adaptor seems to have issues)

Basically what is happening is i am getting around 2mb speed on my internet on wifi even though i have fibre and should be getting around 50-70mb. I have my old laptop sitting next to the aorus, after running a speed test on both the difference is drastic , old laptop within the 50-70mb mark. If i move the aorus closer to my router it gets slightly better but nowhere near what i would like. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a laptop when you have to be hard wired into an Ethernet cable to get a good gaming experience and download speeds. It’s gotten to the point where i am downloading my games and updates onto my old laptop and using my external harddrive to transfer the updates across.
I have run tests and tinkered around with the settings of the wifi card
following steps given on these pages and nothing has been able to sort it. trying 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections

I purchased the laptop from overclockers on release day and have been happy with laptop except from the problem, i put up with it for this long as i just thought my internet was playing up until i ran the tests with my old laptop and realised it was not the case :D. I also raised a ticket with aorus themselves but after few emails back and forth they are asking for a proof of purchase to contact you guys.

Hope you can help or have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi napper90,,,

Would you like to exchange your unit for a new one from OCUK stock?

Let us know and we will contact OcUK service to arrange replacement.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi there,

If you think thats the only solution then will it is probably the best way to go. i personally have tried everything to get it to work. Is there any chance of getting a different wireless adaptor install instead of the AC 7265? or is that not possible.

Thanks,

Liam

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi there,

If you think thats the only solution then will it is probably the best way to go. i personally have tried everything to get it to work. Is there any chance of getting a different wireless adaptor install instead of the AC 7265? or is that not possible.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi napper90,

Yes this is best solution as our R&D team would like to investigate this issue further on your machine.

We had one unit from UK market with similar issue, but in the grand scheme of this this isn't a common fault, but our HQ are very keen to identify any issues with AORUS machines.

We will alert Bailey in OcUK service department to this thread, please look for communication from him to get the machine back, and swapped for a brand new unit.

We trust this solution meets with your approval.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

OcUK Staff
Hello napper90,

Sorry to hear of the issues with the wifi on your unit.

Can you please provide me with your ocuk order number and I will get this sorted for you.

Bailey

Associate
Hi Bailey,

Order Number: OC2029061

:( no gaming for a week or so now , dont know if ill survive haha.

Would use old laptop but it runs like a potato :p

Thanks,

Liam

Back
Top Bottom