Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
X5 - Nvidia Drivers

Good morning,

Can anyone tell me if it is OK to install the latest drivers from the nvidia website on my X5 or would this cause a problem?

When I use the nvidia geforce experience to check for latest drivers it says I am up to date with 348.10, but nvidia website has 353.30 as the latest drivers available.

Cheers,

John.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Good morning,

Can anyone tell me if it is OK to install the latest drivers from the nvidia website on my X5 or would this cause a problem?

When I use the nvidia geforce experience to check for latest drivers it says I am up to date with 348.10, but nvidia website has 353.30 as the latest drivers available.

Cheers,

John.

Good morning John,

The feedback from AORUS HQ on this enquiry is as follows;

The version on our "driver update" app = released by nvidia, tested by AORUS

version through NV Geforce Experience = released by nvidia, not tested by AORUS yet.

Advice: if you are seeing new features or improvements on the release note and would like to upgrade, you can. But just to note that we haven't tested it yet.

Safest way is to follow our update, since it'll be fully tested by us, but will take some time.

When we update new driver version, you will be able to see it when you run the "driver update" app. This includes all drivers, and APPs as well.

So ultimately the choice is yours, but we believe the safest way is to follow the updates that you will see in your Driver Update app, as these will have been tested by HQ for your machine.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Last edited:
Associate

So ultimately the choice is yours, but we believe the safest way is to follow the updates that you will see in your Driver Update app, as these will have been tested by HQ for your machine.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Cheers Atom80.

May as well give it a whirl as GTA5 has crashed the driver a few times. Frame rates don't drop, but the program has crashed. Windows 8.1 says the driver has recovered from a crash. I then have to terminate the program and restart it. Last time it happened I was playing windowed at 1920x1080 and could see the error message.

I will download the driver from your site and have that as a backup if all goes wrong. :rolleyes:

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Cheers Atom80.

May as well give it a whirl as GTA5 has crashed the driver a few times. Frame rates don't drop, but the program has crashed. Windows 8.1 says the driver has recovered from a crash. I then have to terminate the program and restart it. Last time it happened I was playing windowed at 1920x1080 and could see the error message.

I will download the driver from your site and have that as a backup if all goes wrong. :rolleyes:

OK, sounds like a plan, keep us posted.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Guys,

We want to announce an exciting bundle that has landed with OCUK, giving some excellent added value to you the customer.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-001-AU&groupid=959&catid=1828

bANx5to.jpg

This bundle give the AORUS X7 v2, with a FREE AORUS B7 rucksack (rrp £99) and AORUS B7 Gaming Mouse (rrp £69.99)....

4zsDr57.jpg

f874piG.jpg

The laptop normally retails @ £1,499 on its own,,,, and THIS WEEK ONLY OcUK have discounted the normal price by a further £100 to launch the bundle.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Grabbed myself the X7 v2 bundle promo.

My mind was initially set on the X7 Pro (which admittedly was stretching my budget) but the v2 strikes a good compromise between price and performance in terms of work/games that I intend to use it for.

The added M7 thunder mouse and B7 backpack only sweeten the deal :D

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Grabbed myself the X7 v2 bundle promo.

My mind was initially set on the X7 Pro (which admittedly was stretching my budget) but the v2 strikes a good compromise between price and performance in terms of work/games that I intend to use it for.

The added M7 thunder mouse and B7 backpack only sweeten the deal :D

Hello again metamorphoses!

Great machine, great price, sweet bundle,,,, hope you enjoy.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK N Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
The X3 has been perfect in the lab so its bigger brother should be a great replacement for my 6 year old laptop at home.

So this just leave one question....

Where could you make use of the Awesome AORUS X5, as this really would complete the family !!

:D

Hope products arrive safely with you today :)

Enjoy,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi Atom,

Just wanted to say that I am absolutely thrilled with my new X7! It is a beast and it looks fantastic!

A few quick questions/small issues though:

1. Is there anyway of using using one of the HDMI ports as an input (for hooking up a console to the monitor for example)
2. GeForce Experience won't optimise my games as it says that the processor does not meet the requirements. I am not really sure why this is happening as it has a 5th gen i75850
3. The Command & Control centre does not open when clicked. The only way to make it work is by reinstalling the driver, it will open once but when you close it it won't open again (even after a reset)

Finally any update on when I will be recieving my hoodie (Medium UK size) and memory stick? Looking forward to having completing the look when I am carrying my b7 rucsake haha!

Many thanks,

John

Hi zegger,

At least you are sorted now by the sounds of it. We will sort the hoddie and USB with OcUK next week, you will get them, don't worry sir:)

Hope you enjoy the notebook when it arrives.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

Just wanted to say that I am absolutely thrilled with my new X7! It is a beast and it looks fantastic!

1. Is there anyway of using using one of the HDMI ports as an input (for hooking up a console to the monitor for example)
2. GeForce Experience won't optimise my games as it says that the processor does not meet the requirements. I am not really sure why this is happening as it has a 5th gen i75850
3. The Command & Control centre does not open when clicked. The only way to make it work is by reinstalling the driver, it will open once but when you close it it won't open again (even after a reset)

Finally any update on when I will be recieving my hoodie (Medium UK size) and memory stick? Looking forward to having completing the look when I am carrying my b7 rucsake haha!

Many thanks,

John

Hi zegger,

We will endeavour to get answers on your 3 questions asap, but these may not come through until Monday due to time difference with HQ.

Hoodie and USB - despatched today :)

These are being despatched to what looks like a business / work address, is this correct? (the invoice address for your order)

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Awesome, that's right thanks!

Hi zegger,

We will endeavour to get answers on your 3 questions asap, but these may not come through until Monday due to time difference with HQ.

Hoodie and USB - despatched today :)

These are being despatched to what looks like a business / work address, is this correct? (the invoice address for your order)

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
I echo this for my X7 as well, if anybody could recommend a good laptop cooler? Thank you.

There are very few actual coolers that will fully support the dimensions of the X7, a lot of the coolers state that they support 17 inch laptops, but this turns out to be only for units with approximate dimensions of 380 x 290mm. The X7, is some what larger than the average unit at 428 x 305mm.
Well I took the plunge and went for the Cooler Master U3 (designed for 19" laptops) as this was one of the very few I have been able to find which actually supported the full size of the X7.
So far after a couple of hours of playing Dying Light, I can honestly say that with some tweaking of the fan locations. The chassis of the unit is considerably cooler after using and according to HW Monitor, the CPU & the GPU temps were lowered by around 5-7 degrees.

So far this is cooler is doing a nice job and the lower temperatures are nice. I would like to know what other coolers X7 owners are using and their views?

Associate
There are very few actual coolers that will fully support the dimensions of the X7, a lot of the coolers state that they support 17 inch laptops, but this turns out to be only for units with approximate dimensions of 380 x 290mm. The X7, is some what larger than the average unit at 428 x 305mm.
Well I took the plunge and went for the Cooler Master U3 (designed for 19" laptops) as this was one of the very few I have been able to find which actually supported the full size of the X7.
So far after a couple of hours of playing Dying Light, I can honestly say that with some tweaking of the fan locations. The chassis of the unit is considerably cooler after using and according to HW Monitor, the CPU & the GPU temps were lowered by around 5-7 degrees.

So far this is cooler is doing a nice job and the lower temperatures are nice. I would like to know what other coolers X7 owners are using and their views?

Any chance you could post a couple of pictures of the laptop installed on the cooler? I might be interested in one of these to have on my desk, but I would not want to spoil the look of the machine.

Many thanks,
Chuffbaby

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

Many thanks,

John

Hi zegger,

In answer to the points raised, here are the answers we can provide:

1> AORUS X7 is designed in line with the vast majority of this type of device on the market, and has display outputs, not inputs.

2> We are not sure what you mean here - could you post a screenshot of the message.

3> please update the Command and Control driver to version 2.0.0 (using driver update app)

Hope that helps, and as you have my email address, perhaps send the screenshot on email, whichever is easier for you.

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

Many thanks,

John

Hi John

Thanks for the screenshot, this was sent to HQ, and also passed over to NVidia. We replicated the same issue yesterday, but today we cannot, so it seems there was a bug somewhere, and hopefully you will now see the same as us,,, ie its fixed.

Please let us know, and thanks for the feedback as this has identified, and now removed something we and NVidia were not aware of :)

Good work..

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi Atom,

Yes it seems to be working now! Great!

I still can not launch the Command and Control app despite updating the driver. Even the fan presets on the macro keys will not work now... any ideas when this will be fixed or if there is anything I can do on my end?

I have also noticed that Skype for desktop will not recognise the inbuilt webcam. Any ideas on this or perhaps it is a skype issue?

Overall I am still loving the laptop, and these are just small issues... it is just for the £2600 price tag I want everything to work perfectly ;)

Thanks for your support so far! It is has been very attentive!

Cheers,

Z

Hi John

Thanks for the screenshot, this was sent to HQ, and also passed over to NVidia. We replicated the same issue yesterday, but today we cannot, so it seems there was a bug somewhere, and hopefully you will now see the same as us,,, ie its fixed.

Please let us know, and thanks for the feedback as this has identified, and now removed something we and NVidia were not aware of :)

Good work..

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

I still can not launch the Command and Control app despite updating the driver. Even the fan presets on the macro keys will not work now... any ideas when this will be fixed or if there is anything I can do on my end?

I have also noticed that Skype for desktop will not recognise the inbuilt webcam. Any ideas on this or perhaps it is a skype issue?

Overall I am still loving the laptop, and these are just small issues... it is just for the £2600 price tag I want everything to work perfectly ;)

Cheers,

Z

Hi Zeeger,

Glad the main problem is now updated and solved.

We have requested support from Product Manager on the Command and Control problem and will come back to you asap.

With the webcam, is it working properly and being seen by the system if you use somewhere other than Skype? IE, its not as simple as its not actually switched on (is it FN + F12 on your machine?),,,,

Let us know and we will come back on the C&C,,,

Regards

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

Cheers,

Z

Hi again zeeger,

With regards to the C&C not launching, we’ve never seen this problem before. Maybe C&C’s crashed due to some uncertain reason…

Can you try to uninstall the C&C, and download the utility from the website again.

http://www.aorus.com/Product/Download/X7 Pro-SYNC

I will also email you with our Product Manager "Andy" on copy, he can assist you more directly and if required may request remote access to your machine to try and assist further if needed.

Hope the above solution works but we will mail anyway.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom