Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Gosh your issue is starting to date scribbleheli (hope it will get fixed soon). Mine went back for a second RMA.

Weren't you using a 165w Razer power brick for travel? (I may being mistaking with another user)

I was just thinking about the razer 250W & 165w (while undervolt) for the x5 v7 (in 4k) as they are both lighter for travel. Does anyone as some feedback on using lower or higher W power adapters by any chance? Would the 165w be a bad idea specially with the 4k screen?

Last edited:
Associate
Gosh your issue is starting to date scribbleheli (hope it will get fixed soon). Mine went back for a second RMA.

Weren't you using a 165w Razer power brick for travel? (I may being mistaking with another user)

I was just thinking about the razer 250W & 165w (while undervolt) for the x5 v7 (in 4k) as they are both lighter for travel. Does anyone as some feedback on using lower or higher W power adapters by any chance? Would the 165w be a bad idea specially with the 4k screen?

Nope, I've only used the stock power supply

Associate
Hi scribbleheli - sorry for delay.

Can you please send us message on TRUST system so we can pass to USA team to support you.

Regards,

Team AORUS
Unfortunately, I cannot.
The TRUST system is broken. At least for me.
I have followed every piece of advice I have been given and it does not work.
I posted a while back screenshots of what I see when I try to TRUST.

Associate
hi there,

my wife just brought back an aorus x5 v7 UHD from Taiwan today for me :D

I need to change the power cable to the UK version. What fuse amp should I use? I noticed on the Taiwanese power cable it says 7A.

Thank you

Man of Honour
hi there,

my wife just brought back an aorus x5 v7 UHD from Taiwan today for me :D

I need to change the power cable to the UK version. What fuse amp should I use? I noticed on the Taiwanese power cable it says 7A.

Thank you

Dunno specifics for this model - but usually it will be like 19V 6-7A (i.e. 120-130 watt) on the DC side and less than 1amp on the AC side at 220-240V so 3-5amp fuse would be fine - probably don't need to go above 3 amp unless it is a particularly beefy desktop replacement laptop.

Associate
The CMOS battery (at least that's what I assume it is) on my X7 DT v7 has come loose - the adhesive pad that holds it in place has lost its stickiness. Does anyone know the right kind of pad to use to reattach it, and where to get it from?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Unfortunately, I cannot.
The TRUST system is broken. At least for me.
I have followed every piece of advice I have been given and it does not work.
I posted a while back screenshots of what I see when I try to TRUST.

Are you happy to post your email address on here?

If not, can you send message to OCUK via their Customer Service thread, and mark for the attention of ATOM80 and they will forward to us.

Thanks and sorry for delay.

Reagrds,

Team AORUS

Associate
Are you happy to post your email address on here?

If not, can you send message to OCUK via their Customer Service thread, and mark for the attention of ATOM80 and they will forward to us.

Thanks and sorry for delay.

Reagrds,

Team AORUS

I posted my email address a page or so back.
Please contact me at [email protected]
From there, I will give you my non-junk email so we can communicate effectively.

Thanks

Associate
Hi Atom80,
Unfortunately have to ask you for some help with a keyboard issue - I recenlty got my X5 V7 UHD laptop (via different reseller in UK, listed on ebay. just in case- totally new laptop, the silver seal on the box was intact when received). After all updates, including Win10 creators edition and some Fallout 4 gaming, a strange malfunction developed - the key "T" started to be pressed without me touching it. I flashed keyboard firmware v1.2.0., no effect, then tried previous versions of firmware 1.1.8/7, to no effect, the key continues to be "auto"-pressed'. Seems like I'll have to return it for repair/replacement. Would appreciate your guidance on proper process of doing so. Its a pity really, as I like the laptop and would prefer it to be repaired.
Upon search of the same problem, found this video on Youtube (https://youtu.be/KUWkJdq1nP0) - exactly whats happening in my case.
I will now complete the on-line product registration, and would really appreciate advice on the next steps requried.
P.S. I am in London.
Thank you in advance, Dmitry.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80 Any chance to get the Aorus X3 V7 back in stock in the near future?

Hi pesc, unfortunately OcUK have sold out of the most recent version, which was this: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...l-core-i7-7700hq-gaming-laptop-lt-02z-au.html

This version has i7 7700Hq instead of the 7820Hk and also had a lower res screen thought to be more suitable for the form factor. Also shipped with Pro O/S. There are some units out there in the wider market, but unfortunately not at OcUK.

Hope that helps,

Team AORUS.

Associate
I keep trying to find any info on the Aorus X5 v7 ability to charge itself via USB but without a real manual...

Where can I find the requirements? (Input Volt/Amp - standby/ in use)

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80,
Unfortunately have to ask you for some help with a keyboard issue - I recenlty got my X5 V7 UHD laptop (via different reseller in UK, listed on ebay. just in case- totally new laptop, the silver seal on the box was intact when received). After all updates, including Win10 creators edition and some Fallout 4 gaming, a strange malfunction developed - the key "T" started to be pressed without me touching it. I flashed keyboard firmware v1.2.0., no effect, then tried previous versions of firmware 1.1.8/7, to no effect, the key continues to be "auto"-pressed'. Seems like I'll have to return it for repair/replacement. Would appreciate your guidance on proper process of doing so. Its a pity really, as I like the laptop and would prefer it to be repaired.
Upon search of the same problem, found this video on Youtube (https://youtu.be/KUWkJdq1nP0) - exactly whats happening in my case.
I will now complete the on-line product registration, and would really appreciate advice on the next steps requried.
P.S. I am in London.
Thank you in advance, Dmitry.

Hi Dmitry - not sure on the process for retunrs via a re-seller on e-bay.... but if the keyboard needs to be replaced, then please contact service centre and get the unit collected so that we can perform the repair for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Team AORUS

Associate
@Atom80 Could you please confirm the 5v/3a "devise charging port" on Aorus X5 v7?

On some links i found it seems to be on thunderbolt 3 port, on other it's on 3.1 USB-C port.

Can you also confirm the "devise charging port" is bidirectional? So with a safe 5v/3a adapter and properly adapted cable, it could potentially charge the Aorus (even extremely slowly due to the 15W max) just to give a little boost beside the used PSU when needed?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi @Atom80 , Thanks for replying, I will try to fiddle with it a little bit and perhaps wait for the next keyboard flash update. May be it would fix the problem.
Since the same issue (quite unusual for the key to be auto-pressing itself - but stopping after you actually press the key button) has been experienced by others - may be it relates to firmware or not-so-good flashing process? Perhaps you could check with colleagues if the same issue happened with others before, and if the keyboard (or specific key) actually needed a physical replacement?
Anyway, I will play with it during the Christmas break, and if it persists and no other DIY options would be available, then will contact the service center.
Thank you for support!

P.S. I really like the fact that one can play with Ultra settings 2160p on a laptop ;) , so definitely keen on keeping this beast!

Associate
may be it relates to firmware or not-so-good flashing process? Perhaps you could check with colleagues if the same issue happened with others before, and if the keyboard (or specific key) actually needed a physical replacement?

Yeah that's a known issue. I got the same problem and had to send it back for RMA. (Mine was "R" & "LEFT arrow")
You can try to re-install windows on it. Some got it fixed like that but not everyone. For my self, the auto-pressing occurred soon as the laptop heated a bit (really not by much) and that actually even affected the trackpad click.

My keyboard has been replaced and they even changed it to a German layout (much closer layout to our Swiss keyboard).
Anyway the service is really great. From the factory representative to the distributor (thanks @Atom80 ), everyone is very willing to solve your issue.

Personally I prefer getting a unit with small issue which get fixed through great customer service than a "perfect unit" with a poor one... So I double you on "keeping that beast", I'm already in love with my X5 v7 even if I'm unfortunately separated from it for a while. I can't wait to customize it & make it travel the world!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom