1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aorus Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Laptops & Tablets' started by 5UB, Jun 12, 2015.

1. harry5522

Soldato

That is a bummer i really hoped we would have a simple fix for you :(.

If you are comfortable with taking the back off the laptop and unplugging the battery & cmos then that would be my next step. Seems that unplugging the battery is usually quite a common fix for laptops that have strange issues going on. I did this with my Aorus X5 V6 when it wouldn't boot/power up at all. But that turned out to be the power brick.

2. Paul hassey

Associate

Do you know where the cmos is located.

3. harry5522

Soldato

Hi pal, wasn't sure on location with your model, however upon looking on google it actually looks like they have secured the CMOS in place for some reason so don't bother with it, just do the main battery :).

4. Paul hassey

Associate

Thanks for all your help

5. Paul hassey

Associate

Taking the battery out didn't fix it.. looks like faulty board.

6. harry5522

Soldato

Hi pal sorry to hear that,

There isn't really much else i can suggest given the situation. It may be a matter of getting it sent of and looked at professionally.

Good luck, hope it's resolved soon.

7. Ocmersh

Associate

I own an Aorus 17.3" X7 v6-PC3D. I've repasted the CPU/GPU before, and this time I am trying with a liquid metal paste. I would like to replace the paste that are on the VRMs on this model with proper thermal pads, does anyone have a diagram, or know what pad thickness would be suitable?

Also another odd question... Do you know the torque specifications for the screws on the CPU? Mine are stripped and ill have to replace them, and I don't want to overdo it. Thanks again!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  8. UTTER_FILTH

Gangster

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me please. In the last couple of days I've noticed quite a bit of pixelation on websites, games etc. I thought it might just be the driver, so I've reinstalled it with no luck.

I have a X7 DT v7. The pic below will give you an idea of what I mean by pixelation. Any ideas what could be causing this? I cant think of anything that has changed that might have.

[​IMG]

9. Atom80

AORUS / Gigabyte Rep

Hi UTTER_FILTH,

We have forwarded your post to product team to see if they have any suggestions - but from the image we cannot identify the pixilation issue you refer to - image looks crisp and clear even when expanded,,,,, or is it our aging eyes?

Please advise.

Regards,

Team AORUS

10. UTTER_FILTH

Gangster

Hi @Atom80,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've taken a pic of my screen with my mobile phone, I hope this shows the issue a bit better. The only way I can describe it is the gradient of the background from black to grey is really blocky. I've tried playing around with the monitor settings and can get a slight improvement, but its definitely still there.

[​IMG]

11. harry5522

Soldato

Not to sound funky here or anything, i have just found that exact wallpaper on google and the image is absolute garbage, blocky and un smooth. ( try a different wallpaper )

The wallpaper for reference to anyone who wants to see.

[​IMG]

12. UTTER_FILTH

Gangster

Yeah I agree it’s a poor quality pic, but it showed the issue really well. It also shows blockyness on the overclockers website and any other website or pic that has a black / grey gradient. It shows up in some sections of Arkham Knight game.

13. davisdavid

Hitman

X7 DT V7 CF2 arrives tomorrow..... :D:D:D