Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Hi, i've got a big problem.

I've got the Aorus x5 v7 4k. The screen is beatiful, but G-sync doesnt work...
When i play games like Planetside, or even Osu, i see screen tearing...

Does anyone have the same issue ?

Associate
Can someone help please with my X7 DT V7 CF2. I was playing Dota 2 for around 30 mins, nothing out of the ordinary temp wise. Closed that down, went to the toilet, came back loaded up FM18 and played around 15 mins.

Laptop shuts down completely with no warning, no 'windows is closing these apps' etc. Now infinite boot loop of 2-3 seconds with fans powering on and power button light coming on but nothing on screen.

Removed power cable and external mouse. Same issue. No function keys work to even get to the bios.

Close lid, leave a couple of mins, same result.

Close lid leave for 15 mins, I have to power it on to get the boot loop.

I've had the laptop less than a week and haven't had any issues.

I can't take the back of as I don't have a torque screwdriver (I'm in Iraq at the moment) and I'm thinking I'm now stuck with a dead laptop for 7 weeks til I get back to the UK. Also it's definitely not an ambient temp issue as it hasn't gone past 18 degrees (6 at night as I write this) since I got back here on Tuesday.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

@Atom80

Last edited:
Associate
Update, had to leave it in bootloop to drain the battery but as soon as it reconnects to power it goes back into the boot loop when the lid is opened. Not sure if it's stuck in some hibernation loop but either way I can't do anything with it.

It's 7 days old :(

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Can someone help please with my X7 DT V7 CF2. I was playing Dota 2 for around 30 mins, nothing out of the ordinary temp wise. Closed that down, went to the toilet, came back loaded up FM18 and played around 15 mins.

Laptop shuts down completely with no warning, no 'windows is closing these apps' etc. Now infinite boot loop of 2-3 seconds with fans powering on and power button light coming on but nothing on screen.

Removed power cable and external mouse. Same issue. No function keys work to even get to the bios.

Close lid, leave a couple of mins, same result.

Close lid leave for 15 mins, I have to power it on to get the boot loop.

I've had the laptop less than a week and haven't had any issues.

I can't take the back of as I don't have a torque screwdriver (I'm in Iraq at the moment) and I'm thinking I'm now stuck with a dead laptop for 7 weeks til I get back to the UK. Also it's definitely not an ambient temp issue as it hasn't gone past 18 degrees (6 at night as I write this) since I got back here on Tuesday.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Hi davisdavid - sorry to hear you have had this problem. We have forwarded to our product team and await a reply. Once we receive, we will post or forward to you.

We have also sent you message via OcUK Trust to see if we can get one of our support engineers to communicate directly with you.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi davisdavid - sorry to hear you have had this problem. We have forwarded to our product team and await a reply. Once we receive, we will post or forward to you.

We have also sent you message via OcUK Trust to see if we can get one of our support engineers to communicate directly with you.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi, i've got a big problem.

I've got the Aorus x5 v7 4k. The screen is beatiful, but G-sync doesnt work...
When i play games like Planetside, or even Osu, i see screen tearing...

Does anyone have the same issue ?

Hi kazurdan,

Please find instructions here:

The X5 V7 UHD SKU, image default setting on G-sync is "switched off"
Would you please download the new version driver from driver update at first:

And then check G-SYNC is enabled or not, and follow these steps:

1. Right Click in desktop and choose the NVIDIA Control Panel

2. in NVIDIA Control Panel - Choose "SET UP G-SYNC"

3. Choose "enable G-Sync" and click "apply" at bottom right.....

Let us know how you get on with that,

Hope it cures for you,

Sorry for delay in response.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Yeah I agree it’s a poor quality pic, but it showed the issue really well. It also shows blockyness on the overclockers website and any other website or pic that has a black / grey gradient. It shows up in some sections of Arkham Knight game.

Hi UTTER_FILTH - we have emailed you this afternoon with possible fix for the pixilation, and also send you guide for creation of USB Back up for your SSD upgrade/install.

Regards,

Atom80

Associate

Regards,

Team AORUS

Atom thanks for the reply and subsequent email. Not heard from the engineer as yet but appreciate it is the weekend now. I'm 99% certain that it's a bios issue and it needs a cmos reset. Mainly as even once the battery is drained the same issue resumes immediately after dc power is supplied to it and I mean instantly.

I can do that providing it won't void the warranty by opening the back up plus I'll need to source a torque screwdriver for the screws but I reckon I'll find something. I've emailed the company it was purchased from, they sell laptops which you can save on, more for my benefit if this doesn't resolve the issue or if it develops any other quirks.

Ideally I'd be able to send it in to be looked at as I doubt it's easy to replicate as an issue. There's a couple of mentions of it on the aorus forums but have all been resolved by doing a cmos reset so doubt they were ever sent back for testing.

Soldato
aorus x7 i7-6820hk cpu @2.70ghz 16gb ram

Can anyone shed some light on the following image showing the drivers update window.

I looks like the 'latest driver versions' are showing previous version of the driver. I had problems previously with the display drivers failing to install from the updater; it installed the latest version, then the next time it showed an update it was a previous version.

What gives?
YhTBRou.jpg
7efmI

Associate
I think the highlighted drivers are AORUS approved/tweaked, not necessarily the latest drivers from the specific hardware manufacturers.

Soldato
Yer that's what I thought. Problem is I've only ever used the aorus updater to install updates.
Leaving aside w10 interfering I've never performed an update outside of the aorus drivers update application.

Associate
Update, had to leave it in bootloop to drain the battery but as soon as it reconnects to power it goes back into the boot loop when the lid is opened. Not sure if it's stuck in some hibernation loop but either way I can't do anything with it.

It's 7 days old :(

Press and hold F3, select advanced and repair i think. After repair, even if it says nothing is wrong or it was not able to fix it, it should work again.

Happened to my MSI

Associate
Press and hold F3, select advanced and repair i think. After repair, even if it says nothing is wrong or it was not able to fix it, it should work again.

Happened to my MSI

Will try that this evening but unlikely to work as the screen isn't powering on during the boot loop either. I think it must be a faulty mobo at the moment as even the removal of SSD, HDD, GPU and RAM in various configs hasn't had an effect as yet.

Associate
@Atom80

Hello again.
It seems David is having the same issue as me that I noted a while ago.
I hadn't found a fix. I just have a done everything I could to avoid allowing the laptop to sleep or hibernate.
Thats made it, say 60% reliable on getting to start up when I need.

But as of now, I'm sitting in my school library. With a power point presentation due in an hour and I can't get my laptop to turn on.
As you can imagine, I'm beyond frustrated.

Anyway, the semester is almost over so I think it's time to get an RMA started.

Can someone please contact me directly at [email protected].

I can't PM in this forum. The "trust" button never worked.

Thanks

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Do you know when the https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...l-core-i7-7820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-02t-au.html will be in stock and if will be at the same price?

Hi OthersideGI,

Will find out schedule and post - there is only small qty coming to OcUK as exclusive partner on this product so we would suggest placing pre-order. We don't envisage price going down, so you can secure this price now. OcUK manage their own pricing, so of course it could go back up from this promo price.

Will advise on ETA as soon as we speak with production, hopefully today.

Thanks for your interest.

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80

Hello again.
It seems David is having the same issue as me that I noted a while ago.
I hadn't found a fix. I just have a done everything I could to avoid allowing the laptop to sleep or hibernate.
Thats made it, say 60% reliable on getting to start up when I need.

But as of now, I'm sitting in my school library. With a power point presentation due in an hour and I can't get my laptop to turn on.
As you can imagine, I'm beyond frustrated.

Anyway, the semester is almost over so I think it's time to get an RMA started.

Can someone please contact me directly at [email protected].

I can't PM in this forum. The "trust" button never worked.

Thanks

Hi scribbleheli - is your unit UK spec and you are living in UK, or are you in USA?

Regards,

Team AORUS

Back
Top Bottom