Apex Legends BR

Man of Honour
Having that same problem again tonight. Doing loads of damage to players but they're just not going down or dying. Just had one instance where we landed right next to another team, so we went to fisticuffs before even trying to loot anything. I got about four or five continuous attacks in and nothing, they punched me once and I was downed.

It's spoiling what is a really good game.

I don't think I've had this even a single time but you seem to encounter it very regularly. Are you 100% sure you're doing damage? You're seeing actual numbers fly off them?

Soldato
I don't think I've had this even a single time but you seem to encounter it very regularly. Are you 100% sure you're doing damage? You're seeing actual numbers fly off them?

Yeah, loads of damage numbers are popping up, including headshots (or are they just criticals when they flash up with a larger hit register?). It's weird, because it doesn't happen in every game, sometimes I can go a few days and play loads of games and it doesn't happen at all and downing players and getting kills occur as they should, then the next day it can occur every other game or so. Just to make it even stranger - I get the damage score at the end of the match too, so it is actually registering within the game.

The weirdest one was the one I posted a few days back, pumping every bit of ammo I had into an AFK player at melee range and he just would not go down or die. That's the one that I was a little relived at because it meant I wasn't getting progressively worse at the game and something, somewhere was amiss.

Soldato
Dying from one punch doesn't sound right either. You don't happen to record any of your games do you?

Had some good games last night. One annoying one, we dropped with one member of another team. Recognising he was alone we downed and killed him, then set up a trap for his team mates, who tried to get him one at a time, so we wiped their squad. As we had robot guy, we kept track of the coming rings and it turned out we didn't have to move, but it also meant we didn't do much looting. It came down to us and two other squads and we were set up in a small ring. Unfortunately squad one came in managed to wipe us... just one guy with a charged Peacekeeper :( We got a bit split and rather let him take us one by one. Even more annoying, we spectated him and the other squad was just one guy, that killed our guy and won :( We'll never get an easier chance than that. (Our guy did have 600 kills and 12 in that game alone, so clearly was far better than us)

Associate
Haha, I've won a few matches with a single kill, finished 2nd with 12kills which is frustrating haha. That's the fun of battle Royales, so many different play styles

Man of Honour
Haha, I've won a few matches with a single kill, finished 2nd with 12kills which is frustrating haha. That's the fun of battle Royales, so many different play styles

I once won a match of PUBG without firing a shot, yet to manage that in Apex but I've come close a few times :) It might actually be more likely to happen in Apex I suppose, all I need is for whomever is left to kill each other simultaneously with airstrikes

Associate
One I remember clearly, it was just me left vs 2 left with final team. Downed the first guy right near the edge of the circle, as they were racing in from the circle to stay alive. Once I downed his mate, the other guy popped out, I must have taken him down to half health and he ran back into the deadly circle to get away from me. I waited patiently for him to return with almost full health.

He sadly passed away in there.

Associate
It's great that recoil is repeatable and you can learn it in this game. I'm starting to get better at CQB and using grenades/ Thermite/arc stars to deny opponents space. I didn't realize how good the R99 and Wingman are for hip fire. Creating room for manoeuvre to give yourself time to plan is hard. Decision making in CQB is all important. I still make the mistake of going for the kill instead of taking down the squad. But at least I can work on that....

Associate
Im useless with the wingman, saw a fully decked out legendary one last night, left it for a squad mate. :p
Practice headshots with it on the firing range. Only use ADS for distance, just hip fire it. Then you'll see why it needs to be nerfed. It's a killing machine in CQB especially against players who have no moves. Hip fire gives you much better A-D movement making you a harder target for opponents.

The only downside to the R99 is that you really do need that legendary extended mag for it because of the lower damage and rate of fire. I regularly chew through 3-400 rounds with it.

Just lost to a really clever dude. He was solo v 3 of us. He moved on top of a rock centre circle and smoked. He must have had a digital sight because he R99'd all 3 of us and we couldn't see him at all.

Soldato
Practice headshots with it on the firing range. Only use ADS for distance, just hip fire it. Then you'll see why it needs to be nerfed. It's a killing machine in CQB especially against players who have no moves. Hip fire gives you much better A-D movement making you a harder target for opponents.

If you're managing to 3 tap players with the Wingman, then you either have immense mechanical aim or the player on the receiving end is stationary. That doesn't make the gun overpowered at all. It hits for 45 in the body, so you can only afford to miss a single shot without an extended mag (excluding headshots). It's also useless at range. If it had a larger base mag, higher base damage or even had some form of bullet magnetism, then yes it would be overpowered. You hit the nail on the head with "especially against players who have no moves".

Soldato
I finally won a game! (haven't played that much probably 20 games or so)... it was just with randoms but was a satisfying win... Our strategy seemed to be hyper-aggressive, always running towards any sounds of shooting etc. (which on reflection makes a lot of sense - if you can interrupt squads who are already fighting it's usually easy to take them out as they are unlikely to be paying as much attention to anything but the other squad they're engaged with)... 5 kills with my team-mates both having 3 each so I feel like I pulled my weight - although I was technically dead at the very end of the match, having just RAMBO-revived a team-mate who then managed to clutch the final kill :p

Soldato
This game is 100% geared towards aggression. It's quicker and safer to mop up 2 squads engaged in a fight than it is to come across 1 fully healed, prepared squad. Even better if you get there a little late and the first squad is looting and healing.

Associate
I find one of the best ways of looting in this game is to be aggressive and kill others for their loot, sounds obvious but a lot of people just get the first loot and follow the circle avoiding people. If you start early enough you'll progressively get more geared up than everyone else and it gets easier with each team. Hard to do with randoms though as they're either rubbish or don't push when you do even if it's the perfect time.

Back
Top Bottom