Apex Legends BR

Caporegime
How it tends to go for me, hot drop, me and an enemy have a supply crate each, I get 1 grenade, a shotgun stock and a backpack, he gets a Mastiff........
Lifeline drops only contain defensive items. The 'game' drops, identifiable by the blue trail and blue shining light in the sky contain weapons. They also take longer to drop than the birthday presents.

Associate
I think the art to doing well in hot drop zones is a little luck related, BUT can greatly help by landing directly in a doorway.
If you know where you're going (artillery/repulsor/etc), learn EXACTLY where some doorways are and land in/on them, so you're not running for very long before getting a weapon. If you take even 3-4 seconds longer getting a weapon that anyone else, you've already lost.
Great for huts, but if there is a floor, I land short and slide through the door opening it and closing it behind me during the slide. Much quicker.

Associate
Interesting to see what they will do about the cheating. They will never be cheat free but when a Partnered Twitch Streamer (MOBADOS) feels confident enough to cheat you do wonder.

Makes you wonder what? That there is people dumb enough to cheat while being watched? Like you said they will never be cheat free, unless people accept particularly invasive anti cheat software which brings in a whole host of other issues.

Associate
I had suspicions about someone cheating today when my squad was killed through smoke in seconds by 1 player with a Spitfire. Recorded it. Aimbot and wallhack 100%. He got to last 2 squads then either left or was banned. Thinking about uploading the video.

Soldato
Finally had a great game with two randoms for my last match of the night. Everyone was pinging things, dropping loot which other people needed etc. Two of us ended up with the Mastiff and the other had digital threat optics on both weapons. The last enemy squad was holed up in a building. Popped my smoke and instantly the Blood Hound pinged the enemies, ult'ed and we burst in from two sides. Fight lasted about 3 seconds...Victory! Sometimes it all clicks and comes together without a word being said.

Soldato
Mastiff is only available as a late game supply drop. AFAIK no gold weapon will ever be found 'in the wild'

Perhaps not the Mastiff, but I have definitely found other gold weapons that weren't in supply drops... I am pretty sure all of those times were on drops into the "hot zone" - have found a golden Prowler, a golden 301 Carbine and a golden Havoc

Soldato
Perhaps not the Mastiff, but I have definitely found other gold weapons that weren't in supply drops... I am pretty sure all of those times were on drops into the "hot zone" - have found a golden Prowler, a golden 301 Carbine and a golden Havoc
Never found gold weps in the wild myself, gold armor I have but even that was only once

Soldato
Never found gold weps in the wild myself, gold armor I have but even that was only once

Gold weapons and armour are available in the wild but obviously very rare and from what I remember confined to the hotdrop zones. Never seen the mastiff or kraber(sp?) in the wild though, only from supply drops late game.

Man of Honour

Yes but those aren't really "gold" in the same way. The mastiff and Kraber are "legandary weapons" in their own right, in that they only spawn in care packages, have unique, non-lootable ammo that can't be found in the wild and can't be fitted with attachments.

The ones you're talking about are just weapons someone has equipped a gold skin for, and have either been swapped out for something better or have been left in their loot box after dying. A weapon with a gold skin has zero advantage over one with any other skin. :edit2: turns out I'm wrong, gold weapons do spawn, after being set right below and googling I remember seeing them now :o

:edit: there's no chance someone loots a mastiff at the very beginning of the game, I assumed that comment was an exaggeration :p. As said, they only spawn in care packages.

Back
Top Bottom