*** Apple Event Tuesday 8th March 2022 @ 18:00 UK: 'Peek Performance' ***

Soldato
There's little reason for them to release an M2 version of anything yet. I think an M1 max/pro mini will come first. I need to replace my 10.5 iPad Pro from about 2017 but I don't hold out much hope of getting anything fast. I've been waiting nearly 2 months for a base model iPad for a family member.

My M1 iPad is amazing. It’s basically stopped me using my MBP and I no longer feel the need to get the new MBP.

I had the same iPad as you and the jump with the MK is amazing.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
For the love of all that’s holy, please release a new 27” iMac. I’ve been waiting for over a year now for one!

Going to be later in the year for sure.

MacRumours already put out an article to help people stay grounded with unrealistic release expectations.

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/03/03/what-not-to-expect-march-2022-apple-event/

Larger Apple Silicon iMac
imac-pro-apple-newsroom.jpg

Apple is expected to announce at least one new Mac at its event next week, but that's unlikely to be a larger Apple silicon iMac. Apple last updated the ‌iMac‌ with the 24-inch design powered by the M1 chip.

The other ‌iMac‌ in the lineup, the 27-inch ‌iMac‌, continues to feature an almost 10-year old design, but Apple is rumored to be working on a new model expected to launch sometime in the summer. The larger Apple silicon ‌iMac‌ is rumored to be powered by the M1 Pro and M1 Max chips, features a mini-LED, ProMotion display, and a design similar to the 24-inch desktop.

Caporegime
My M1 iPad is amazing. It’s basically stopped me using my MBP and I no longer feel the need to get the new MBP.

Yeah I'm tempted to just buy that model, I'd miss the 4 speakers which are excellent even in my old model. To be fair I could carry on using this 2017 model as nothing bothers it but my sons 2013/14 model is on it's last legs and it's time to hand down the line!

Soldato

Perhaps not the right place to ask, but isn't it difficult to use a tablet in lieu of a proper computer? I couldn't imagine using a tablet for everything.

Soldato
Perhaps not the right place to ask, but isn't it difficult to use a tablet in lieu of a proper computer? I couldn't imagine using a tablet for everything.
Depends on what you use the computer for. Personally if i can use my M1 iPad pro / magic keyboard combo for anything I'll generally choose that over using my PC.

Soldato
Yeah I'm tempted to just buy that model, I'd miss the 4 speakers which are excellent even in my old model. To be fair I could carry on using this 2017 model as nothing bothers it but my sons 2013/14 model is on it's last legs and it's time to hand down the line!
I would, until last year with the M1 the update cycle was 2 years. I suspect they’ll probably do the same as there isn’t really a need to upgrade the M1 to a pro/max or M2 yet.

Anything that I can’t do on the iPad, I’ll just get the laptop out but I’m finding it few and far between now. It’s a weird thing to say but it’s just a joy to use.

Soldato
Yeah. We won't be seeing a larger iMac this time. No chance. We'd have heard about it by now.

Seems to be the case. Macrumours has an interesting report on a “Mac Studio” which could possibly be a high end Mac Mini. Pair this with the new (and hopefully good) monitor and I may go for this combination instead. It’s really a decent screen of 27” or higher that I’m after.

Soldato
Seems to be the case. Macrumours has an interesting report on a “Mac Studio” which could possibly be a high end Mac Mini. Pair this with the new (and hopefully good) monitor and I may go for this combination instead. It’s really a decent screen of 27” or higher that I’m after.

The problem with the rumoured Apple monitor is the pricing, which seems to be in the $2500 range. All people want is a 27" iMac screen without the computer for less than $1000 but it seems like Apple won't release this.

Back
Top Bottom