Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I went to my local iStore to check out the new Pros. I thought that the 11" was awesome, probably the perfect size and weight for a tablet.
This didn't help me much, as I has my heart set on the 12.9 but now I'm not so sure!

Went to apple Edinburgh today to check out the new pros and left with the 11”. I have come from a 12.9” pro and thought I would test out the new 11” and think it’s a keeper...

Like you I’m a little in limbo but think the last gen 12.9” will be retired..

Associate
Went to look at the new pro today I was going to for the big one but after seeing the 11 inch I now can’t make my mind up

I lost count the number of times I cancelled orders for the 11inch one, went for the 12.9 in the end as it’s replacing my 13 MacBook Pro I sold and it’s amazing, doesn’t feel overly large after a weeks useage.

Associate
Just ordered my 11" 256gb iPad Pro. Really wanted the 12.9" but im a frequent traveller. I dont imagine myself pulling out the 12.9" on the plane, or in any public place else anyone can see what im doing.

Soldato
Picked mine (11") up over the weekend and really like it. The pencil is pretty damn amazing and find Procreate for sketching a great experience.
Still getting used to iOS having been an android user for the past decade but it seems ok so far.
Siri does seem to keep deactivating though which is annoying!

Someone on the MacRumours folder saying it bent in his backpack :eek:

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/11/16/new-ipad-pro-bend-test/
Yeah bit scary how easy it is to bend.. will have to be veeery careful with mine.

Associate
I’ve bought myself an 11” 256GB space grey iPad, coming from an iPad Air, this thing is amazing. No regrets at all, even if it did cost a decent amount.
I love the screen, the fact there is no home button is great. I didn’t think I’d like Face ID much, but it’s so quick and easy. Currently typing this reply using a Bluetooth keyboard with the iPad in a stand. I’ve got an office365 subscription so will give that a go shortly.
Really glad I went for this rather than getting the new iPad.
Will maybe pick up a pencil next year and still thinking about the keyboard cover, but feel that it’s just a bit too expensive really.

Associate
How is FaceID and generally browsing with the larger format?

I think it’s great, doesn’t feel huge now just feels like a normal sized iPad although only used about the house. FaceID is very good, it’s a little annoying at times when your hand accidentally covers the camera but it tells you and shows an arrow where the camera is so you know where to move your hand. Tend to browse in landscape mode now, the 10.5 was mostly used vertically.

I originally ordered the 11, but cancelled as the 12.9 definitely feels much more worth the cost compared to the 11. I did order a case for the 11 which I keep lying around and it’s tiny in comparison now.

Caporegime
I have the 10.5 and had a little go in local Curry's earlier and absolutely LOVE the new 12.9! Absolute quality and will def be getting one!! (from JL for the 2yr warranty :)) :cool:

I can see why they're having bend problems though, they are *so* thin :eek:

Back
Top Bottom