Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I get that iOS has A fairly basic UI and a simple way of doing things but that’s exactly why it appeals to 99% of the population. It’s us the power users that are the odd ones out.

In terms of a file system, I have no idea why you would really need one on iOS. The OS has a different way of doing things, on a PC you would typically navigate through a file system to a file which then opens the app. On iOS you open the app and navigate to the file. There is no need to organise the files because they are all stored in the apps. You would typically only have one app for the type of file you are using but you can also share files between apps.

Notifications are worse on iOS but turning off notifications on everything is normal on both platforms. I would only ever have them on for messaging, email and phone calls.

You will get roasted for saying google play is better than the App Store, the apps are objectively higher quality on iOS but a lot of that is down to having a small set of devices and rules about UI elements are relatively strict. Apps are also extremely quick at getting updated for new devices and kicked out the store if there are issues.

I don’t mind all the app settings in the setting app, it keeps them in one place and you can quickly manage settings on multiple apps without having to open them. It’s particular useful when troubleshooting.

Glad you like your purchase though, they very solid overall. For Home use I can’t think of anything outside of gaming that I need a full PC for over an iPad Pro, currently using a surface pro 3 which isn’t exactly powerful.

Soldato
I'm coming from an iPad Air 2, and trying to decide whether to get a 11" Pro, or the 2nd gen 10.5". I'll do a lot of drawing, note taking etc. Maybe a bit of video compositing etc, writing with the type cover. Can't decide!

Soldato
I'm coming from an iPad Air 2, and trying to decide whether to get a 11" Pro, or the 2nd gen 10.5". I'll do a lot of drawing, note taking etc. Maybe a bit of video compositing etc, writing with the type cover. Can't decide!
I came from a air 2 to 12.9 pro latest one bloody love it

Man of Honour
It is for me the best iPad I've had, mainly due to screen size matched to such a light weight. But if I want to type I have a nice shiny MacBook Pro and that is just better, which is why I am typing this on it and the iPad sits most of the time by me bedside.

Commissario
I popped into an Apple store and had a play with the largest one of these today. What really surprised me was how light they are. I’m not in the market for a new iPad but I was very impressed.

Soldato
Got a screen protector was a ******* to fit and it had loads of bubbles too the bloody thing off. Don’t think I bother never had one in past

Associate
Hi all. I've currently got a 10.5 but I've just ordered the 2nd generation 12.9 - couldn't really justify the cost for the new one, and got a good deal on the 2nd gen.

I need some recommendations for a keyboard. I've got the official Apple keyboard for the 10.5. I will mostly be using the machine like a laptop so am I better off going for something like one of the Logitech offerings? Not interested in bluetooth.

Edit: Never mind, ended up playing safe and getting the Apple keyboard from CEX.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hi all. I've currently got a 10.5 but I've just ordered the 2nd generation 12.9 - couldn't really justify the cost for the new one, and got a good deal on the 2nd gen.

I need some recommendations for a keyboard. I've got the official Apple keyboard for the 10.5. I will mostly be using the machine like a laptop so am I better off going for something like one of the Logitech offerings? Not interested in bluetooth.

Edit: Never mind, ended up playing safe and getting the Apple keyboard from CEX.

You made the right call - I picked up the Logitech in the airport after I forgot my apple one - its a nice typing experience but the whole stand / case was a bit cumbersome.

Soldato
Hi folks, looking for a bit of inspiration here....

I used to be at the cutting edge of Apple technology when my disposable income was high, Imac, Iphones, Macbooks and Ipads but in the last couple of years things have taken a back seat due to getting married and having a child, house renovation and things of that nature so Ive been operating with a very old Ipad Air and an equally old Ipad Mini. In truth they still performed to the standard I required in terms of media consumption which has been their main function.

This week very randomly I have acquired the 10.5 Ipad Pro 512Gb with the official Apple Keyboard. This has been totally out of the blue and is a huge leap forward in terms of tech and capacity. I could never have justified the £1100 price tag but I have it now and I want to make the most of it, however Im totally out of the loop in terms of go-to apps and the other things it can do over and above what the old kit I have was used for so im looking for a bit of inspiration as to how you guys use your Ipads and what Apps I can take advantage of now that I have better tech. Obviously all our requirements are bespoke but I feel I could use this as a replacement for my aging MacBook air but maybe in practice not so much.

I am being put through a course for work so I will be using it when I travel to attend classes - does anyone use the pen for note-taking and how does it shape up?

I would like to get into photo editing - very very basic stuff

Im also keen on any games that show of the hardware capabilities to their maximum.

Basically tell me what the best things are about how you use your Ipad Pro's and any accessorises that are worth considering.

Soldato
My 12.9” iPad Pro arrived this morning after shenanigans by DHL who claimed it was impossible to access my house this morning.

Apple forced them to re-deliver and magically they managed to get past my little front gate without issues this time. :p

I’m very impressed with it so far!

Back
Top Bottom