Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Not sure if I should be posting this here on in apple software section but I'm a bit confused with the split screen mode on my 11" pro.
Seems it's only really useful in landscape mode and not portrait as it only seems to split the screen vertically rather than horizontally? Or am I missing something?

Associate
brought the 12.9 from john Lewis and no regrets.
but pencil seems a tad too dear for me at the mo
I've never had an apple product before and can only say WOW. lovely peace of kit

Associate
Using a cheap(ish) ESR slim case and very happy with it. Has a tough rear cover and a tri-fold cover protecting the front, no space for the pen though if you have it. It will do me for a while until something better comes along.

Soldato
Using a cheap(ish) ESR slim case and very happy with it. Has a tough rear cover and a tri-fold cover protecting the front, no space for the pen though if you have it. It will do me for a while until something better comes along.

So can’t charge pen with this case ok thanks you mate. Keep looking I will lol

Associate
Actually you probably can as the top edge is naked, just can’t transport it with the case. Not an issue for me as I don’t have then pen yet, something I’ll pick up in a few months and see what case situation is then.

Soldato
Am sure I read somewhere yesterday but took it with a pinch of salt.

If you let the Apple Pencil drain dead and don’t charge up within a day or 2 the pencil be dead no longer work. If that the case that a bit stupid

Soldato
What are people wanting from iOS to be happpier.
Personally I'm really disappointed split screen / "multitasking" is basically useless as I use my iPad 99% of the time in portrait orientation. Why on earth isn't there an option to split the screen horizontally?
Notifications are not as useful or as well presented as they are in android mostly due to the way they are grouped or how you can interact with them. Have turned off notifications for pretty much every app.
The settings for most apps not being within the apps themselves is just strange to me and causes the settings app itself to be a bit of a mess.

I'm probably going to get roasted for saying this but I honestly find the Google equivalent of the app store to be better. Granted the selection of quality apps for iOS FAR eclipses android from what I've seen so far but the method of delivery feels antiquated in comparison. In fact that's how iOS feels in general. Very smooth in operation yes but under the hood....getting a bit long in the tooth.

Which leads me onto the final gripe - no file system or support for external storage! How can something that's been pitched as a replacement for a computer lack such basic functionality?

That being said I'm generally over the moon with mine as I bought it mostly to use Procreate with the pencil. And it's truely awesome for that.

Back
Top Bottom