Apple Store for Higher Education

Soldato
I've ordered so many things over the phone it's a joke to be honest.

The only thing I didn't call in was my current Mac Pro, but I have ordered top-spec iMacs with HE discount and no one battered an eyelid.

You done it online, or just over the phone mate?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Ordered over the phone AND online.

In fact, 99% of what I order is over the phone.. just say you're in Uni and it's discounted automatically. I ordered my current Mac Pro on the HE store though. Purely because I didn't think I could blag that on the phone.

You can usually sweet-talk your way in to substantiating a reason behind a top level iMac for uni needs, but a £3000 Mac Pro to do "uni work" lol.

Soldato
Ordered over the phone AND online.

In fact, 99% of what I order is over the phone.. just say you're in Uni and it's discounted automatically. I ordered my current Mac Pro on the HE store though. Purely because I didn't think I could blag that on the phone.

You can usually sweet-talk your way in to substantiating a reason behind a top level iMac for uni needs, but a £3000 Mac Pro to do "uni work" lol.

Yeah..

Wanting to order a top spec iMac and rather than on student discount, try it in Higher Education, haha.

Hows the Mac Pro going?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I just said that I needed the extra speed from an old powerbook (lie), but needed something that was bigger than a laptop for the work I'd be doing, but it had to be small enough to "lug to uni every term"

Essentially, the Apple rep suggested the iMac to me.. so it was more like I was agreeing with his choices, and I just said yes to every addition he mentioned (apart from the RAM).

Putting words in his mouth comes to mind.. Derren Brown would have been proud!

Soldato
I just said that I needed the extra speed from an old powerbook (lie), but needed something that was bigger than a laptop for the work I'd be doing, but it had to be small enough to "lug to uni every term"

Essentially, the Apple rep suggested the iMac to me.. so it was more like I was agreeing with his choices, and I just said yes to every addition he mentioned (apart from the RAM).

Putting words in his mouth comes to mind.. Derren Brown would have been proud!

Haha, do they go any lower than the Apple HE prices, ie £1k for the 2nd top spec iMac or £1200ish for the top iMac?

Might try ring them up, as i *could* be in Uni soon.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The HE prices are usually the same as the PRE-VAT regular store price (or about 14% off)

Essentially, if it's listed as 1200 before, 1500 after.. you pay £1200 :cool:

About to go offline, so I can't check the HE store, however, that's a rough way to work the prices out.

Soldato
I ordered a Mac Pro using my sisters HE discount over the phone back in February.

They asked me to read the NUS number from the card, she then put my order through and said that I might get a call asking me to e-mail/fax/mail a copy of the card to them. But I guess once you have made the sale, they don't really care.

Soldato
whats the difference in the 2 discounts % wise?

further Education
higher education

I know a few people at Uni so I could get them to buy ot for me right?#

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Hi,

Been thinking of getting a 15" Macbook Pro.. I've been looking at the 17" as well as wanted to know if it is just too big to carry around?

Also, will there be an MBP update soon?

Soldato
do they check ID? what to say if they do as it would be a lot easier if i just ring up

:)

If you read my post just a few back....
When I rang up they asked for the following information:

- Full name (of my sister)
- Education establishment
- NUS number on card

Whether they have any kind of access to a database to check NUS numbers I don't know. However, they did say that they might require me to send a copy of the card to them. I would imagine they do make some kind of note against your account/name/address as you are only allowed to purchase one laptop and one desktop from them via the discount.

Soldato
Question regarding applecare...

I purchased it with my iMac on thursday (cost £45 with discount), will it have been automatically registered or something? because I have nothing aside from a thick terms and conditions book and a techtools CD.

Soldato
Sorted the above.

Can someone tell me how much a 500gb time capsule is through the HE store please?

Also, can it stream content off the HDD without the mac being on?

Caporegime
Sorted the above.

Can someone tell me how much a 500gb time capsule is through the HE store please?

Also, can it stream content off the HDD without the mac being on?

£199 on Normal store

£177.43 on HE store.

(about 11% discount)

No idea on your second question.

rp2000

Associate
Could someone with access to the HE store give me a total for this order please:p

This is with no discount:
normalfn3.png

and this is with my BT discount:
btlk4.png

Just interested to see how much more discount I could get through the HE store.

The time capsule is 500GB btw

Thanks!:)

Soldato
how much is HE ?

I may have to use it. I asked my dad today to see if he could get it through work, so he is ringing the company they use up to see if they can do anything

:confused::confused: HE stands for Higher Education, i.e you get an apple discount if your in some form of higher education. you don't buy HE its not a membership thingy.

Chances are if your in school or Uni they you can get the items on using the HE discounted price or you could do what most peopleon here do and blag the phone conversation when ordering and hope they don't follow up with a check.

Back
Top Bottom