Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Soldato
I'll be staying in air part of Aquaero.
Don't like mixing electricity and water...
But no other controller comes close to Aquaero in control possibilities.
Even without using background softwares putting heat sensor into base of CPU heatsink should be accurate enough for controlling its fan.
Though that software sure is easiest way to do more complex settings.

DataVampire, if menu structure is still same this page has very good images showing menu structure:
https://martinsliquidlab.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/ac-aquaero-5-review-guide-wip/7/
Would be good to add that to start of thread.
Also there's now LT version of Aquaero 6.

Associate
Well I posted on the Aquacomputer forum and not much yet. Hope you can help. Here it is ...

Hello, I'm a new owner and still figuring everything out so let me know if this can be done.

I have a 12v light hooked up to a fan channel and several RGB lights hooked to Farbwerk. The light I want to come on the wake event and then fade out over 30 minutes. So what I need is a timer 'sensor' which resets on an event. I might want a key press as an event also but you can dream up lots of events. While I'm on the topic .. is there a 'nice' UI for manual control of fan channels?

The RGB lights I want to go from blue to red as the PC "works harder". The formula for that will require some experimentation but I am thinking of a 30 minute moving average of GPU utilization. I don't want the lights to go red unless GPU is near 100% for more than 10 minutes or something. All this would require is a option to 'smooth' out a sensor with an average over time. To make things more difficult I want to include CPU utilization in the mix. I'm thinking that would be measured with another moving average of the two busiest threads. Not sure how to achieve this yet.

I think someone could code their own software sensor .. perhaps in csharp (I have skills). Or maybe someone could log sensors and then with powershell read them and then create a new file which can be read by the aquaero as a sensor input.

This is maybe wrong forum but I've heard of people doing similar with AIDA64 and Logitech keyboard (G15 or G19 or ARQ G910). I have the G910 and AIDA64 software. I think someone has read log from aquaero sensors (perhaps with AID64) and then used that to display on keyboard (again with AIDA64). AIDA64 can also change RGB lights on keyboards. I want to synchronize the lights somehow and also display aquearo info on LCD/ARQ.

Soldato
Anyone else just cannot get the software to run now I've updated to windows 10 creators crap?

Reinstall has no effect... crashes on open.

Associate
Looking for help connecting USB Aqau devices to Aquaero 6.

x2 pwr adj, each with 8 fans onto the fan header, 3 pin from each going to splitty9 with jumper set for aquabus.
x2 high flow USB, both into aquabus splitty, both with temp sensors plugged into them.
Farbwerk into aquabus splitty Bus 20
Vision CPU block into aquabus splitty Bus 22
x2 aqua D5, both into AQ6 fan 3 & 4
x2 splitty9, 8 fans on each, into AQ6 fan 1/2
Aquabus splitty9 into AQ6 high

At the moment I've got the farbwerk and vision showing up in aquasuite.

Started on the usb side of life with the flow meters.

Both usb to mobo, can assign BUS 12-15 for each (used 12 & 13), give both aquabus priority instead of usb, turn off, remove usb, back on, nothing in aquabus but both show up in the left as disconnected. Even if I leave the USB connection in, neither show in aquabus.

How do I get these usb enabled devices to show up under aquabus? (regardless of usb connection which they will have when my hubby turns up today). And no data from temp sensor in usb mode.

Farbwerk - I've got control for all 4 outputs but even if I set one output to say 99% minimum on red, blue & green to zero, set the controller to colour preset and red to 100%, blue/green 0%, the strip continues to cycle colour.

Vision - assigns to flow 7 and temp sensor 13. Both no readings. If I assign data to show on the vision, say fan 1 temp, the vision screen doesn't change.

Temp sensors, currently got fan 1/2/3/4 and poweradj 5....?

Totally mind melted with setting this up!

Soldato
Well you've certainly gone for a complicated first setup!
If your flow sensors work under USB that's a good sign and you've already got past the first gotcha and assigned them different aquabus IDs. My guess would be lack of power. The flow sensors can draw power either from USB or from Aquabus. The gotcha here is that in the box you get 3-pin Aquabus cables and for power, you need 4-pin. I'm not sure if the Splitty provides power down the 4th pin - could well do if powered as it is made by Aqua Computer. Other possibility is to plug both in so you're using USB for power and Aquabus for direct data (independent of Windows...or Linux).

The device will only show separately in Aquasuite when connected by USB and is (annoyingly) only updatable and configurable over USB - more relevant with poweradjusts and level sensors that occasionally need calibrating.

The temperature headers only show up in Aquasuite if there is a working sensor connected to them. This can lead to confusion as they can seem to change order when one in the middle disconnects.

Farbwerk needs to be configured (over USB) to accept external control for each channel if you want to control it from the Aquaero. The alternative is to feed it data and let it control the LEDs. If you do it with the Aquaero in control, the limitation to be aware of is that you can only configure a max of 4 RGB controllers which dictate the colour mix based on temp/speed/some data. Multiple LED channels can be controlled by one controller if you want more strips but have them the same colour. If you want each of the Farbwerk's channels and the Aquaero's own RGB header (single LED) controlled separately, that would need five controllers so you'd either have to have the onboard RGB share a controller (same colour) or have one of the Farbwerk's channels be autonomous.
I think one of my previous recent posts in this thread covers more detail on setting up the Farbwerk's - sorry, not at PC and only have tiny mobile screen to hand. Start with the above and let me know if I've got the wrong idea or you can't find the Farbwerk stuff.

Associate
Ok.. I've now got both flow sensors and pumps hooked up with USB and Aquabus. USB to a hubby7 (SATA) and AB to the AB splitty. All 4 show up in AS on the left (one pump no rpm due to 3 pin, sort today), all now assigned individual ID (12/13/14/15...no more available anyway).

So, I can go into the config of the pumps and adjust speed, I can get the data from the data quickview but to create an instruction to vary the pump due to change in temp how do I go about that? Seems I've got hardware temp (MPS/PUMP etc) which I can't use (?) then software which I gather I need to import values from HWM etc? In data quickview I've got all the mobo sensors but don't seem to be able to use them for a controller.

External temp sensor (inline before MPS) on each one. Realised that's absolutely pointless due to the MPS having built in. Funny thing, one external sits right between a pump and MPS. Facepalm....

Through the re-arrangement I've lost Vision/farbwerk/pwr adj. I'll look into that tomorrow. Is there a limit to number of devices connected to a splitty in bus mode? 8 for now but can reduce that by daisy changing both pwr adj and farbwerk). All devices apart from 2 splitty (fans) and the 2 flow sensors are powered by 4 pin molex. (Pwr adj x2, pump x2, farbwerk)

Limited to x5 USB2 headers, one for AQ6 so 4 spare for the extras. I'll put the pwr adj's on permanent usb and maybe leave the 2 spare for as and when needed to connect to the rest.

Noticed when I pull the USB connection after assigning ID and making priority AB I still don't get the device in aquabus, neither do I get the device in AB whilst both USB and AB connections are present. How do I sort this?

Soldato
You should be able to create a controller with an input of a temperature sensor and an output of the pump. You can then set a curve to set the speed at what you want for any given temperature. You might want to experiment but you'll probably find that as long as the flow is over the bare minimum, the pump speed will make little difference. You may also find that a constantly variable pump speed gives a variable pitch sound which is harder to tune out and there may be speeds that are louder due to resonance. Have a play though and work out what suits you best.

If you're running Aquasuite 2017 (license comes free with the hardware) then you shouldn't need to use HWM unless there is hardware you want to monitor that Aquasuite's onboard monitoring doesn't understand.

To a large extent (allowing variance for the considerable inaccuracy of the sensors - up to a few degrees) you'll find that the temperature evens out across the loop.

Not aware of a limit on the Aquabus devices other than that of needed unique address. Some of them (eg PowerAdjust) have an aquabus in and an out so you can daisychain them. I'm not sure whether a PowerAdjust will inject power onto the Aquabus if it takes 3-pin in and 4-pin out - you'll have to test if you need it to.

You should be getting devices showing in Aquabus. One thing to note is that it doesn't hot-plug so you'll need to turn off the power to the Aquaero to get it to recognise devices. It draws 5V standby power from the USB so you'd either need unplug the PC and drain power or disconnect the USB from the Aquaero. If that doesn't do it, try simplifying the bus to just the one device to check that it is recognised on its own. Try changing the cable. Make sure you're connecting to the high-speed Aquabus on the Aquaero - there is a legacy low-speed port that isn't active. If you can get some devices recognised but not others, then it could be that you have some faulty modules. Aqua Computer are very good at doing warranty replacements but double check everything first as it would seem unlikely that two are faulty.

Associate
Pretty much all connected now, one by one power off/on. Both pwr adj and farbwerk I've left on USB also.

If I connect either D5 with AB to the AB splitty the whole lot disappears. Not sure why....? (that's with 3 pin or 4 pin)

(One D5 doesn't show rpm regardless of 3pin/4pin/usb)

GHkiIbQ.png

AQ6 is holding steady v/amp (11.4v/1.1A), the power adjusts both vary. Both giving 11v but one with 1.15-8A and the other 0.82-87A. Any reason why? I might just ditch the power adjusts and run the fans from fan3/4 as I've changed out the Swiftech pumps for D5 which are 4pin molex powered.

Good pwr adj...

DU72i5L.png

Low amp pwr adj...

VveUjN7.png

All fans have controllers set at manual/100% pwr.

Associate
Pretty much all connected now, one by one power off/on. Both pwr adj and farbwerk I've left on USB also.

If I connect either D5 with AB to the AB splitty the whole lot disappears. Not sure why....? (that's with 3 pin or 4 pin)

(One D5 doesn't show rpm regardless of 3pin/4pin/usb)

GHkiIbQ.png

AQ6 is holding steady v/amp (11.4v/1.1A), the power adjusts both vary. Both giving 11v but one with 1.15-8A and the other 0.82-87A. Any reason why? I might just ditch the power adjusts and run the fans from fan3/4 as I've changed out the Swiftech pumps for D5 which are 4pin molex powered.

Good pwr adj...

DU72i5L.png

Low amp pwr adj...

VveUjN7.png

All fans have controllers set at manual/100% pwr.

I pluged my d5 pump into the fan header to control it because it was ekwb.

Don
Associate
I would think that it would be significantly restrictive, even if they manage to actually fit in. Best place for them is unused ports on your reservoir - or use an in-line sensor like this:-

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua...-internal-external-thread-g1-4-wc-120-aq.html

ah cool never saw them b4 not bad price will order some. cheers.

i have a question which isn't thread related if you don't mind me asking.

I bought a 1080ti rig strix oc which I'm gonna buy a ekwb water block for. do you know if I can use the asus back plate or shud I change it for an ekwb 1?

Don
ah cool never saw them b4 not bad price will order some. cheers.

i have a question which isn't thread related if you don't mind me asking.

I bought a 1080ti rig strix oc which I'm gonna buy a ekwb water block for. do you know if I can use the asus back plate or shud I change it for an ekwb 1?
Can’t say for sure, would be worth asking in it’s own thread to find out.

Back
Top Bottom