Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Associate
3 pin can be controlled via voltage, infact the Aquaero 5 only had 1 out of 4 fan headers as PWM so there is no problem running 3 pin fans. Any temp sensor with 2 pins will work.

Associate
Thanks for the reply, just wondering if I can also connect a Darkside rigid LED strip to the modmytoys PCB also with the 4 fans to 1 Aquaero Fan conncter, the reason is the LED strip at maximum brightness is 12v and the Aquaero fan conncters current is 2.5 A per output voltage, resulting in a maximum power of 30 W at 12v.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey all,
I was just hoping for a bit of advice.

I've got 2 temp sensors, a PWM pump and 6 PWM fan.
I was hoping to get an Aquaero 5 LT , would this be up to running my setup?

thanks

You will want to add an Aquacomputer SPLITTY 9 to it.

Connect pump to Aquabus, Connect 6 PWM fans to SPLITTY 9, Connect SPLITTY9 to the 1x PWM fan controller on Aquaero 5 LT. There are plenty of temp sensor inputs.

Associate
Has anyone had issues with aquasuite crashing on startup? I get the splashscreen then I get a generic windows 'aquasuite has stopped working' message.
I dont have this issue but about one in every ten boots I seem to have a "Laggy" pc , looking in the task manager then usually shows high cpu usage for the software, closing it instantly resolves the issue.

little worrying...

Associate
I dont have this issue but about one in every ten boots I seem to have a "Laggy" pc , looking in the task manager then usually shows high cpu usage for the software, closing it instantly resolves the issue.

little worrying...
I had the same problem for the first time earlier this week. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it's not recurred yet although it's only been a few days.

Associate
I had the same problem for the first time earlier this week. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it's not recurred yet although it's only been a few days.
Keep me informed sir .. maybe I should log a ticket with their support see if i can help them sort it for other people ...

Associate
I've just found my AE6 lying about and wonder can I connect my fans from my cpu, case and gpu- which is a Kraken X42 doing a lovely job as I know that I can get a complete fan profile for them compared to either Fan Expert 3 and CAM software.

Thanks peeps!

Soldato
CPU: Yes, either 3-pin (voltage control) or 4-pin (PWM). You may need to change the BIOS settings not to throw a fit when it sees no signal from the CPU fan though.
Case: Yes, either 3-pin or 4. If you need more fans than you have channels, you can bank them up using splitters. Try to group them sensibly for your own sanity.
X42: Not sure what connectors it has as all the photos have that untidy looking wiring removed for glamour purposes. Are you talking about the pump or the fan? If it's the fan and it's controlled by the pump, there could be issues with it not seeing a signal but if the pump runs off a molex and the fan separately off a 3/4-pin header that'd work fine. Pump could be controlled by substituting the molex for a 3-pin header (with only 2 pins connected) but it depends how loud it is as to whether it's worth the hassle.

Associate
There has been an update of the software (I had to manually download it)
Since doing so it seems more silky smooth and uses less cpu cycles now :)

Soldato
Does Poweradjust show as fully similar fan channel (with all the configurability) to stock four channels of Aquaero?
Other fan controllers definitely don't come even close to abilities/features of Aquaero.
Lian Li PC-A71 just would benefit from at least one extra channel over stock four.

With current PSU from late 2009 thought could justfify buying more modern one and also started looking other "case accessories"...
Having fan controller adjusting fans to minimum speed when under low load/heat output would be nice update.
Definitely don't want to rely on softwares when you never know what Microsoft breaks with new update of Windows.

Soldato
Yes, and no. You can run a PowerAdjust Standard by itself and manually control a single channel by voltage.
You can run a PowerAdjust Ultra by itself and have it do a fan curve based on its temperature sensor header.

You can also connect a PowerAdjust to an Aquaero by Aquabus and it'll basically be a slave to the Aquaero and the Aquaero can control the channel based on any temperature sensor even if it's only the Standard version.

There's also another Flow Sensor header on a PowerAdjust (High Flow is cheaper than High Flow USB - just need the cable that for some unfathomable reason isn't included with it) which csn be handy for a dual loop.

Back
Top Bottom