Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Associate
This is really doing my head in! Been trying to fix it all morning, trying older betas etc but no joy. What do you use instead of riva tuner?

Soldato
This is really doing my head in! Been trying to fix it all morning, trying older betas etc but no joy. What do you use instead of riva tuner?

Can't say the problem bothers me to much, my Aquaero's been set up perfect for ages so I don't have to open the software.

It just works!

I'm sure a new copy of Riva Tuner is around the corner. If you need to make an adjustment just shut down Riva Tuner. Simples.

Saying that I presume there must be a new version 2018 version of Aquasuite dropping any time soon as well.

Associate
Can't say the problem bothers me to much, my Aquaero's been set up perfect for ages so I don't have to open the software.

It just works!

I'm sure a new copy of Riva Tuner is around the corner. If you need to make an adjustment just shut down Riva Tuner. Simples.

Saying that I presume there must be a new version 2018 version of Aquasuite dropping any time soon as well.

I like to view my page and see all the info etc. I have to have everything working correctly. Hope some updates drop soon.

Associate
To get aquasuite/rivatuner to work, set 'Application detection level' to None for aquasuite.exe in Rivatuner.

Can't remember if I found the solution here or elsewhere but it works for me and seems so simple when you think about it!

Associate
To get aquasuite/rivatuner to work, set 'Application detection level' to None for aquasuite.exe in Rivatuner.

Can't remember if I found the solution here or elsewhere but it works for me and seems so simple when you think about it!
Awesome! Cheers mate will give it a go when I get home.

Associate
I have an Aquaero LT5, been working grate but just updating my rig,

I now can’t get output 4 (the PWM output) to work. I keep getting “alarm: overcurrent, fan output deactivated”.

I can get it to power a fan by power cycling it at disconnecting the USB. But the fan only runs at 400RPM

It funny as I was runing 6 120mm fans (SP120) and this happened when powering just one ML140. It should be more than powerful enough to run that as it’s runs with my 18w DDC pump no problem.

Any idea how I reset the alarm?

Associate
am about to do a new w/c build for sister in law and she has gotten an AE 6 to monitor fans, pump, flow etc. Any tips on setting things up software wise so she can monitor her system on a single screen if possible? TIA

Soldato
am about to do a new w/c build for sister in law and she has gotten an AE 6 to monitor fans, pump, flow etc. Any tips on setting things up software wise so she can monitor her system on a single screen if possible? TIA

You get an overview page (top tab) within aquasuite that lets you set up various parameters and details on all those things. Works very nice.

HWINFO also reads aquero units and will show all the details also (just pulls the data from aquasuite)

Associate
I've been looking for a thread like this!

Just built a large (for me) loop in my case and am currently using Phanteks PWN hubs to control the 19 fans I'm using. I've discovered that these don't control the fans through true PWM and are not controlling them the way I would like.

With that in mind I've been looking at buying an Aquero 6 XT and using Splitty9s to link the fans up with the unit. Just want to check that this combination will work fine?

I'd be running two lots of 6 Silent Wings 3 140 PWMs to each of two of the Splitty9s, then one group of Silent Wings 3 140s to another splitty9. The fans are the high speed variants.

Also, will I be able to mix PWM and non-PWM fans with the XT 6 and have then running at the sane speed?

Last edited:
Associate
With that in mind I've been looking at buying an Aquero 6 XT and using Splitty9s to link the fans up with the unit. Just want to check that this combination will work fine?

I'd be running two lots of 6 Silent Wings 3 140 PWMs to each of two of the Splitty9s, then one group of Silent Wings 3 140s to another splitty9. The fans are the high speed variants.

Also, will I be able to mix PWM and non-PWM fans with the XT 6 and have then running at the sane speed?

Not used Splitty9s before so can't comment on those. However I use something similar to this for my Aquaero 6 (and previously 5): https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-cable-splitter-4-fan-pwm-extended-wc-9cq-ek.html. For this and the Splitty9 it will only monitor the speed of one fan anyway so if the "slave" fans fail or go out of sync for any reason you won't know anyway. I prefer the split cable linked since the fans get full power from the Molex so you don't have to worry about overloading the Aquaero, it's simply there to control the PWM signal and monitor the feedback.

Yes, you can mix and match PWM and non-PWM fans with the Aquaero, they just need to be in different controllers since you have to specify the control method for each channel (there are 4). You can then use the same controller curve for the different channels by replicating it or assigning both to the same. Either way, you will likely need to compensate one set to get the PWM speed to match the non-PWM, e.g. It's all percentage controlled but 50% on PWM might be 900rpm while being 1200rpm on non-PWM. The ramp up curves may also differ so probably best to map the fan types separately. Short version: Yes, it can be done but will likely require trial and error to perfect sync'ed fan speeds over the curve.

Associate
Not used Splitty9s before so can't comment on those. However I use something similar to this for my Aquaero 6 (and previously 5): https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-cable-splitter-4-fan-pwm-extended-wc-9cq-ek.html. For this and the Splitty9 it will only monitor the speed of one fan anyway so if the "slave" fans fail or go out of sync for any reason you won't know anyway. I prefer the split cable linked since the fans get full power from the Molex so you don't have to worry about overloading the Aquaero, it's simply there to control the PWM signal and monitor the feedback.

Yes, you can mix and match PWM and non-PWM fans with the Aquaero, they just need to be in different controllers since you have to specify the control method for each channel (there are 4). You can then use the same controller curve for the different channels by replicating it or assigning both to the same. Either way, you will likely need to compensate one set to get the PWM speed to match the non-PWM, e.g. It's all percentage controlled but 50% on PWM might be 900rpm while being 1200rpm on non-PWM. The ramp up curves may also differ so probably best to map the fan types separately. Short version: Yes, it can be done but will likely require trial and error to perfect sync'ed fan speeds over the curve.
Thanks for the info. Have changed the non-PWM fans for PWM variants to simplify things. Have also gone for Swiftech splitters than get their power from the PSU.

Associate
...This has been covered in this thread, the only way the Aquaero will control the speed of the pump is with the AquaComputer D5 with Aquabus because the normal D5's (PWM Versions) have a weird PWM implementation that makes it incompatible.

The EK D5 G2 PWM pumps work fine with the Aquaero 5/6 as well. The EK G2's have a modified PWM controller so they conform to specification. I was a bit wary at first after reading sometimes unclear and conflicting information on various forums but I have dual EK D5 G2s connected to my Aquaero 6 and the RPM output matches the percentage curve I've mapped as expected.

Associate
Can anyone remind me how to get my AE pump to be recognised in aquasuite. Do I connect the usb cable on the pump to the AE or the Mobo initially/ can’t remember as it’s been a few years since I used it

Associate
Can anyone remind me how to get my AE pump to be recognised in aquasuite. Do I connect the usb cable on the pump to the AE or the Mobo initially/ can’t remember as it’s been a few years since I used it

Does your AC Pump have an Aquabus connector as well? Not sure if there's been more than one version but the current ones have Temp, USB, Tacho and Aquabus connectors on the back. You should be connecting the Aquabus from the D5 to the Aquaero (High channel, Low isn't used for anything at present) assuming there are no other AC components, else you can daisy chain them like USB.

Otherwise a direct connection from the AC D5 to a USB header on the MB also works I believe.

Associate
From Memory I had to plug in via USB, set a channel so then when I plugged it into the Aquabus it detected the channel and just worked..?

Associate
thanks BUgbait- I do have the version 2 with temp, USB etc. but I couldnt remember how to set the pump on a channel- thanks Vkleita thats just what I needed to remember!!

Back
Top Bottom