Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Associate
Thanks I already knew this. all my fans are added to a curve, as I said was fine before I updated to the new aquasuite 2015 lol

Did you redo all your curves DV?

I took this as an opportunity to re-do them, but forgot at first about minimum power adjustments for the fans. I was seeing my fans stay off for longer than they should. Switched that back (think it was 22%ish for mine) and now working again as before.

Associate
OP
Did you redo all your curves DV?

I took this as an opportunity to re-do them, but forgot at first about minimum power adjustments for the fans. I was seeing my fans stay off for longer than they should. Switched that back (think it was 22%ish for mine) and now working again as before.

Actualy I was going to post on here, im not sure if I have set mine up correctly.

I want to set my 480 rad so its around 800rpm(which I believe is the swetspot for my fans)

I have no idea what to set it up as.

Under Settings:

Minimum power >
Hold minimum power ?

Advanced settings

I have got 3 pin fans so I presume I set it up as speed controlled ?
Power I believe is for leds and pumps and pwm is for pwn fans and pumps I believe ?

In there I have done the following:

Min rpm :800
Max rpm: 1900

No idea what the use boost is or programmable fuse is.

What I basicly want to do is have mine set up as. 480 rad always on. when my cpu reaches a certain temp the 360 rad fans to to kick in.

I want to try and set my front fans and rear fans set to gpu temp the hotter my card gets the faster the front fans and exhaust fan kick in faster ect ect.

Associate
I'll take a look when I get in at how mine are set exactly.

I have two curves - one for IN and one for OUT (which is two rads). The IN starts up a little starts a little before the OUT.

The fans are all 3-pin. They require a certain voltage before they start - too low and they just switch off. So I alter the fan settings such that the minimum is at that spot. From here, 0% on the curve is equivalent to this value, rather than 0%.

I'm not sure of the other features either, I am a relative noob to it and still haven't RTFM in full

Associate
OP
from what I have been reading, yes it is glued and you need to use a sharp knife to remove it. ALso states care needs to be taken while doing it.

If you search for reviews of it, you will see one or two guides

Associate
Aquero 4 / Aquastream Pump Upgrade

My Aquacomputer cooling system has been working happily in my system since 2006 and has seen two core system upgrades without changing anything. Until now….?

I’ve just upgraded to a new core based on an ASUS Maximus VII motherboard. The Win 8.1 device manager reports that the Aquaero 4 USB interface has been stopped and Aquasuite (any version) can’t find the controller. Is there any solution to this?

This is my current system:

Aquaero 4 (OS 4.22, Firmware 2.03)
Aquastream pump (not an XT) – With a daughter board controller on the Aquaero 4
Aquatube Reservoir
Plug & Cool Temp Sensor (in the Aquatube)
Thermaltake 360 x 120 radiator
4 x 3 pin fans (3 on the rad and 1 at top of case)

As it looks like I'm probably going to need an upgrade, I’m planning on buying an Aquaero 5 LT but I’m wondering if I'd need to upgrade/replace the Aquastream pump as well?

The current pump only has a single cable coming out of it with a 2-pin connector that plugs into the controller card. Can I simply plug this cable into the Aquaero 5 LT or would I need to buy one of the Aquastream XT upgrade kits?

Would the Aquastream XT upgrade kit allow me to monitor/control the speed of the pump? If so, do I need to buy any other cables?

If anyone has any other wisdom or advice to offer, I’d be really grateful :)

Soldato
3-pin Aquabus cables carry data only and require the device to also have a USB connection to supply power. These are what they supply in the box.
4-pin Aquabus cables carry their own power and in theory you can disconnect the USB afterwards - certainly works for my High Flow meter.

To connect more than one device to Aquabus, you need the Y-cable. As it's only about 10cm long, you're probably going to need a pair of 4-pin Aquabus cables too.
Before it will work, you need to plug the device in by USB and change the Aquabus ID on one of them so they are unique. There seem to be only 4 IDs usable (it will only let you select 12, 13,14 or 15 with 12 being default). You may also have to tell it what type of device it is as a lot of the devices are differential pressure sensors used for different purposes - eg the fill level sensor is actually pressure based. You can only configure the Aquabus ID and what type of sensor it is over USB...which is really helpful *cough*.

Soldato
Does anyone have any experience with the level sensor in an Aqualis XT reservoir?
I've got mine connected by 4-pin aquabus and USB as well. I've configured it as "Level Sensor DELTA 40" and calibrated it. I've also got the pressure equalising membrane pre-installed in the top of the res. Problem I have is that the reading from the res just goes up. It does seem to have finally levelled off after over an hour at 803 ("RAW normalized pressure") but surely it shouldn't be that affected by the coolant temp should it? Surely that's what the pressure equalisation membrane and the internal temp sensor are for?

Many thanks,

Gareth

Last edited:
Soldato
The 4-pin splitter is fine but as it's only 10cm long, unless your flow meter and res are really close, you'll also need some 4-pin cables such as this or longer in order to reach each device. Of course, you could use an extension like this and then split it closer to the devices. Now why didn't I think of that when I cabled my own?!

The only difference between 3-pin and 4-pin aquabus cables is the extra pin carries power...which the device will need unless it's also got USB powering it. I don't think there's anything stopping you using a 4-pin Y-splitter and then 3-pin cables after that if desired (for cost if you've already got them). You just wouldn't get any power from the aquabus.

Soldato
Not sure why all this talk of Y splitters is needed??

It's not!

I've got a AQ D5 pump plugged in via Aquabus and my AQ flow meter on another separate connection with my Pro 5. I can't see the problem and there can't be one or my config would not work! lol

Just get a couple of 4 pin aquabus cables. Job done.

Soldato
There's only one high-speed Aquabus header on the Aquaero - or at least there is on my 6 XT and I don't think that's changed from the 5. There is also a header for low-speed Aquabus which some devices will run from but it's been depreciated. If you install Aquasuite 2015, it will update the firmware of the Aquaero to version 2000 (currently) and one of the major changes in that is that it will kill support for the low-speed bus altogether. Hence, if you've got multiple aquabus devices, you need a y-splitter unless something else provides additional ports. The only things I'm aware of that do this - and I'm no expert - are the Real Time Clock add-on which takes up the high-speed aquabus port on the Aquaero but provides two for use by other things. I believe the PowerAdjusts have a similar setup which is used for daisy-chaining so they have one in and one out. Max of four devices as far as I'm aware as there are only 4 aquabus IDs that can be set (currently).

Soldato
Right to clear things up as its been a while since I looked at the back of my Aquaero 5 Pro.

My AC D5 pump is connected to the high speed aquabus 4 pin cable and my AC Water High Flow Sensor is connected to the dedicated port marked 'flow' using a 3 pin cable.

Hope this clears things up now.

:)

Soldato
That would work fine. The flow port isn't an Aquabus port though. As far as I'm aware, it's a modified fan header. When I say "modified" I think all they've done is label it in the software as a flow sensor and allow you to specify how many impulses per litre it generates. I think you can attach the "Alarm" port of the flow sensors to the flow port to get an impulses per litre, fan-style connection...but don't quote me on it without confirming that I'm not just making that up!

Soldato
You can ask when they'll be back in stock or you could try these instead:
"Aqua Computer aquabus Cable 4pin"
You could also use PWM fan extensions, they're identical. I had to sleeve my own as the sleeved version was out of stock at the time.

Back
Top Bottom