Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Soldato
No problem. I'm not far ahead of you with the Aquaero stuff....just been bashing my head against the same problems. Still got issues with the fill level sensor - it doesn't seem entirely sane if you ask me!

FYI: 3-pin Aquabus are 3-pin male-to-male fan cables
4-pin Aquabus are 4-pin PWM male-to-male fan cables.
Extensions are just male-to-female of the same.

Associate
Stock is delayed on the extensions it seems. I did ask last week, should have been in 05/12.

Also the flow port is good for the basic flow meter, but there is the aquabus version too and if you've got that then you need to use the aquabus connector. So yeah you'd need the splitter

Soldato
Yes, these cables are just three or four pin-to-pin connections. Same as either 4-pin (PWM) cables or 3-pin fan cables. Male-to-male for making connections. Male-to-female for extensions. The following do exist but are not in stock:
  • 70cm Aquabus Cable 4pin
  • Aquabus Y-Cable 4pin

You can use the following from stock:
You MIGHT be able to use this Akasa PWM splitter as a Y-splitter but it depends if all 4 pins are connected. Cannot tell from the pic. They SHOULDN'T all be connected as the tacho cable shouldn't be split for fan use but to use it as an aquabus splitter, all four would need to be connected to both trailing sockets.

Hope that helps.
Gareth

Soldato
That would work fine. The flow port isn't an Aquabus port though. As far as I'm aware, it's a modified fan header. When I say "modified" I think all they've done is label it in the software as a flow sensor and allow you to specify how many impulses per litre it generates. I think you can attach the "Alarm" port of the flow sensors to the flow port to get an impulses per litre, fan-style connection...but don't quote me on it without confirming that I'm not just making that up!

Yeah I know it's not a aquabus hence I listed it as a 3 pin wire. ;)

It's been a while since I have had to look at all the connections and stuff so could not remember 100%. It all came back to me after looking at the picture I hosted. ;)

My setup works perfect mate so I don't see why you should be any different.

You need a 3 pin wire (the flow sensor I think already comes with that) and a 4 pin Aquabus for the D5.

:)

Associate
Yes, these cables are just three or four pin-to-pin connections. Same as either 4-pin (PWM) cables or 3-pin fan cables. Male-to-male for making connections. Male-to-female for extensions. The following do exist but are not in stock:
  • 70cm Aquabus Cable 4pin
  • Aquabus Y-Cable 4pin

You can use the following from stock:
You MIGHT be able to use this Akasa PWM splitter as a Y-splitter but it depends if all 4 pins are connected. Cannot tell from the pic. They SHOULDN'T all be connected as the tacho cable shouldn't be split for fan use but to use it as an aquabus splitter, all four would need to be connected to both trailing sockets.

Hope that helps.
Gareth

Thanks. I think I have a couple knocking around you know!

Associate
hi,
due to install aquaero 6 pro usb i will be running fans via 4 pin pwm i would like to connect my dual ddc 3.2 pwm serial reservoir to the aquaero, can i plug them into the 4 pin aquabus low and high headers or do i need to use 2 of the fan headers.
thanks.

Soldato
No. Aquabus ports are only for aquabus devices such as the flow meters, fill meters and aqua stream pumps. You'll need to use two fan headers for the pumps unless you can split one to run both. If you do they need to use less than 30W together (if I remember correctly) and you'd only a speed reading from one of them...so its probably not ideal. Multiple fans on one header is probably better - same restrictions but less of a problem.
You can also expand with a Power Adjust module if necessary.

Associate
hi thanks i will use 2 fan headers as they are rated at 20w.
also 1 more question i take it this is powered via usb, what is the 5v/12v molex connection for ?
thanks

Soldato
It takes USB for two reasons:
1. So that the software (Aquasuite) can talk to it, read the data and configure it and
2. To supply 5V Standby power as it runs in low power mode even when the PC is off.

The molex supplies enough current so that it can drive the 4x30W fan headers.
If you cool the VRMs it is possible to go over 30W - there's a passive heats ink available and you can then mount the Aquaero 5 water block on that - but best not to plan to be red lining it unless you have to.

Associate
need some help guys setting this up in the aquaero 6 : EK-BAY RES Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial including Pumps
ok both pumps are going to be powered to psu now i have 2 pwm cables in 4 pin connectors 1 blue 1 green i would like to control both simultaneously off 1 fan channel do i just use a 4pin pwm splitter cable and remove 1 of the rpm wires which is the blue 1. im of the understanding this will give me control of both pumps as 1.

thanks.

Soldato
Those pumps are 18W a piece so both of them powered by one fan channel is pushing it. It may be possible if you water cool the Aquaero's VRMs (passive cooler + Aquaero 5 waterblock) but I wouldn't plan to be pushing it that hard unless you have to.
It sounds like you're thinking of splitting the cable so that a molex provides the power and the Aquaero provides control. I'm not sure it that works myself as I've not tried it but given that EK have divided the connection for you I guess it must. In theory you can share a PWM control so if you connect the sense lead to one pump and the PWM control to both, you should get control of both on one channel. Be aware though that you wouldn't have any idea of how fast the 2nd pump was running or IF it was running, you'd just be hoping it was running at the same speed as the 1st. You might be able to run the sense cable from the 2nd pump to a motherboard header and then pick it up in Aquasuite as a software sensor but I'm not sure if the motherboard header would need more than just the one connection to register the signal.
Have you thought about splitting PWM for a bank of fans instead? Alternatively you can add a Power Adjust module to get more channels.

Associate
thanks for help new wc build complete aquaero all running smoothly decided to run 2 pumps on 2 channels 8 fans 1 channel 3fans 1 channel, 1 temp sensor excellent product i can run my rig as loud or quiet as i like lol.
thanks.

Associate
few pics,
0a451b4e28.JPG

Back
Top Bottom