Aquaman (DC)

Caporegime
Went to watch this last night and it looks spectacular. While I don't often nit pick on CGI unless it's absolutely terrible I didn't notice any bad shots here at all and the underwater scenes were amazingly shot. Decent story as well. Certainly not brilliant but far from a bad film too. 7/10. Spiderman Into the Spiderverse was much better though.....

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I've never seen so many 10/10 scores in the user reviews of imdb and reading them they have the same feel as fake reviews on Amazon...

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1477834/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

The reviews there are cringing. Aquaman was good and certainly the step in the right direction for DC but to make it out as the best film ever in this genre is crazy talk and undermines the positives imo.

Commissario
We went to see it Monday night, it was fun and probably the best/second best* of the recent DC films.
It's odd the character that is at the butt of so many jokes about useless superpowers in the DC universe has ended with one of the best films they've done since Dark Knight

It also reminded me a lot of Subnautica:p

*Wonder Woman may be better, it's been a while since I saw it.

Caporegime
I take it either Nicole Kidman has had surgery or she has ironed her face very thoroughly. Looked like she was wearing a latex mask on her face in this movie.

5U07aV9.jpg

Caporegime
She has had surgery for a few years, it looks even worse in normal TV interviews. So much botox and face lift. Her face doesn't move.

It baffles me how they think this looks better, they usually try to hide the fact they have it but when you see them its incredibly obvious. She was on Nortons show the other night and it was like looking at a talking waxwork.

Man of Honour
Saw this last weekend. Laughably cheesy in the opening lighthouse scenes but promisingly fun. Ultimately blighted by being way, way, way too long. Why do superhero films do this!!! Just... urrrgh. Don’t make me bored before the end :/

Also, there was a slightly jarring shift of tone about the time they got to the desert - it became a lot more light intentionally hearted in the dialogue. Didn’t bother me but a little odd.

4/10

Caporegime
The same people who think this is so great (on IMDb) are the ones who gave Black Panther 1/10.

Black panther was trash. That went way beyond overhyped film of the year...

The point was, that there was a campaign to 'review bomb' black panther, ostensibly because of the disney/star wars connection, though it's funny they didn't go after Infinity War....

The same people who gave Black Panther 1/10 (it's clearly far better than that) are most likely the same people giving Aqua Man 10/10 (it's clearly not that good)

Caporegime
It's made more Worldwide than the Justice league managed. I guess word of mouth does count for something (that was really rubbish)

Still a bit weird considering you would think Batman and Superman would be the characters pulling in the punters.

Caporegime
I thought it was actually good but a bit long.
The revenge black dude was awful. I mean trash character worse than killmonger.
Humour was cheesy but it was good, it works.
CGI pretty crazy.
Yeah overall it's a Lot better than I was expecting.... I probably like it more than wonder woman.
Meh it's alright

Associate
Thought this was pretty good, probably a 7/10. It was easily half an hour too long though. Under water scenes all looked great, though the end battle was a bit CGI crazy.

Back
Top Bottom