Associate
That looks like utilisation, what does your Unifi app say the clients are doing?
Untitled3.png

clients show as online/up to date, experience is excellent for wifi.

Associate
I meant per client, can it show you how much each connected device is downloading?
theres literally nothing being used, but you are right thats what it looks like, and thats what it feels like when running tests. there appears to be load and jitter.
speed tests wont go over 500
i will play around tomorrow, disable wifi and see if there any difference.

Associate
so i disabled wifi at about 10:30/11pm, the latency issues also stopped. i was on warzone for a few hours until about 1am no problems. before i went to bed i enabled the 2.4ghz band only to see if it was the sky box. that seemed fine. i then enabled 5ghz only at about 4am. i can see that the problem them starts again at about 8:30. thats the other PC so i will have to take a look at what is running, no changes have been made to this pc since iv had aquiss so no idea why its suddenly started causing this to happen.

Associate
is anyone else experiencing high latency spikes? or is it just my end.
on my unifi network isp starts show high spikes, usually it remains at a steady 4ms all the time.

bb749159937c063bbb1ab1c49e2b2ebf6b93af3f-14-03-2024.png

These were last week.
No changes bar I had some downtime last week which they acknowledged
This is today

and yesterday
1acd1f45e3559bd43ec898826427e87295fe2223-26-03-2024.png

Soldato
OP
Are you saying if you disable your Wi-Fi the problem goes away?
From what he said earlier, I took that it did. However, he disabled WiFi around 10pm and resumed it before morning, so it doesn't rule out any fault or utilisation issue. Dropping Aquiss a note early on for input won't do any harm. The spike in average latency rather than just peak latency does suggest a possible issue outside of the OP's network imho. It won't hurt to ask, and even if it's a local issue everything I've heard and experienced suggests they'll be only too happy to help, still.

Associate
Are you saying if you disable your Wi-Fi the problem goes away?
yes it appeared to fix the latency issue straight away when i disabled the unifi express, im using it only as a wireless AP. before the weekend i had been using it as router and wifi with no issues at all.
always been solid/stable latency on graphs, no spikes at all.

From what he said earlier, I took that it did. However, he disabled WiFi around 10pm and resumed it before morning, so it doesn't rule out any fault or utilisation issue. Dropping Aquiss a note early on for input won't do any harm. The spike in average latency rather than just peak latency does suggest a possible issue outside of the OP's network imho. It won't hurt to ask, and even if it's a local issue everything I've heard and experienced suggests they'll be only too happy to help, still.
just opened a ticket, no harm in asking, even if it is my end maybe they can help.

Associate
seems to be fixed! Martin got back to me, he said he has not had any other reports but found that Openreach GEA tests are failing and Intermittent BIP errors are visible on the line.
so raised case to investigate further, a few mins later i get a disconnect/restart noti on unifi app and it appears to be back to normal.

i will keep an eye on it but im sure its been sorted.
i had checked everything at my end so thanks to the input in here to reach out to support. 10/10 agian from Martin and Aquiss

1668937e1e07af9022e6720b01311e08561ad251-27-03-2024.png

Associate
I've noticed my monitoring showing increased latency (60ms+) a number of times over the last day and reported it and apparently its OR side and has been reported for them to fix.

Associate
I've noticed my monitoring showing increased latency (60ms+) a number of times over the last day and reported it and apparently its OR side and has been reported for them to fix.
must be the same issue. my connection was perfect over night.
Martin said he reset things at his end (that seems to have fixed things anyway) but it still needs to be fixed by OR

Associate
must be the same issue. my connection was perfect over night.
Martin said he reset things at his end (that seems to have fixed things anyway) but it still needs to be fixed by OR

Mine was fine when you first posted but started having issues from about 4pm yesterday and still today. Whatever the cause on the OR side I've had way more issues with OR based FTTP than VM in the last year (surprising I know!)

Soldato
OP
Mine was fine when you first posted but started having issues from about 4pm yesterday and still today. Whatever the cause on the OR side I've had way more issues with OR based FTTP than VM in the last year (surprising I know!)
Difference is, with OR FTTP you drop a ticket or make a call and it's sorted within the day. With VM (whom gave me far more problems, incidentally) you get nothing but 'We're aware of an issue in your area and our engineers are on the way. We hope to have this resolved within a week/month/6 months' and the date can just keep on getting bumped, especially for utilisation faults. Good luck explaining to a VM script monkey that your connection has high latency or bufferbloat...

How resilient is the Aquiss service to Martin going on holiday or needing to take time off sick?
This has already been discussed. They have staff, including a lady who's been there for some years. There is redundancy built in for such eventualities.

Associate
Difference is, with OR FTTP you drop a ticket or make a call and it's sorted within the day. With VM (whom gave me far more problems, incidentally) you get nothing but 'We're aware of an issue in your area and our engineers are on the way. We hope to have this resolved within a week/month/6 months' and the date can just keep on getting bumped, especially for utilisation faults. Good luck explaining to a VM script monkey that your connection has high latency or bufferbloat...

I know as I had over utilisation issues with VM for several years with endless dates for fixes.

However in the past few years I have been fortunate to not need VM support and their service in my area has been way more reliable for years (and with good for VM latency) than Aquiss/OR in the past year, which keeps having small issues at various times of the day. I still prefer the lower latency of OR FTTP and that it works for a while at least during mains failures but I had expected fewer issues with OR FTTP.

Back
Top Bottom