Arcade High Scores! Current Game: Star Wars! - COME ON IN!

Soldato
Managed to scrape 33,120 after a few tries, 6th level. Had a few 4x ghost collections early on but it becomes tricky to get them later due to time constraints.

There are patterns? Oh I'm not sure if I will be very good at doing that.

I did know there is a null spot where the ghosts can't get you though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you explain more what these are?

@cheesyboy, cheers. I'm always open to any suggestions anyone may have about anything related to this thread.
Same guy explains it in the first minute of this video.

I knew there were "safe spots" but didn't realise where they were. Some of the ghosts rules kinda make more sense after playing for a bit now too.

Last edited:
Soldato
New high score for me, 38,320, level 7.

I can't seem to keep these patterns in my head, especially the apple one once you go to the top of the screen and back down for the first time. I can do the first bit ok but then lose myself and have to improvise.

Now thinking I could do with a nice arcade joystick panel for this sort of thing. Keyboard just isn't right for games like this.

Soldato
yeh i much prefer ms pacman from the two games, i even bought a 17" dell to dual screen my mister to play vertical games but its not made me wanna play pacman more, ill try and get a score on the board at some point but i wont be challenging.

Soldato
Well improved quite a bit but can't get anywhere near 100k.

YBe0OS5.png

Even when I remember the route, sometimes I have a micro pause at a corner somewhere and that throws it all out.

Then when I die and go back to level 1-5 I forget that route and start going the apple route way at a random point in the maze.

And yes Pacman it isn't the most exciting of games.

Last edited:
Soldato
can i make another suggestion - i think it should be game ends after one round - this is a game once you know where to hit the button on the hammer you can play for ever. I played this as a kid in an arcade and i got kicked off after 4 hours playing, either that or rather than normal the difficulty goes up (but theres a cap in it).

im suggesting this as a more fun way to play it as its unlike any of the other games we have had so far really in that after spending half an hour with the game you will all be playing just till boredom sets in rather than the high score. Hyper sports isnt like this, its much trickier.
100m 8.42 secs
long jump - 9.21m
javelin 92.10m
hurdles - 10.44 m
hammer - 91.5m
high jump - 2.40m

total score - 80780 for one round.

Soldato
OP
can i make another suggestion - i think it should be game ends after one round - this is a game once you know where to hit the button on the hammer you can play for ever. I played this as a kid in an arcade and i got kicked off after 4 hours playing, either that or rather than normal the difficulty goes up (but theres a cap in it).

im suggesting this as a more fun way to play it as its unlike any of the other games we have had so far really in that after spending half an hour with the game you will all be playing just till boredom sets in rather than the high score. Hyper sports isnt like this, its much trickier.
100m 8.42 secs
long jump - 9.21m
javelin 92.10m
hurdles - 10.44 m
hammer - 91.5m
high jump - 2.40m

total score - 80780 for one round.

Trying to wrap my head around this. I admit, I've never played so not sure how this game even works. Are you suggesting we have 1 go at each event? I'll jump on soon and take a look at the game.

Is it possible to play an specific event? If so, we could post individual best scores and I just add them up? I had it in my mind that this game would run through all the events one after another and you get a final score.

Back
Top Bottom