Arcade High Scores! Current Game: Star Wars! - COME ON IN!

Soldato
OP
Excellent attempts guys! Some pretty competitive stuff at the top!

NEW GAME IS...

agrvyiLm.png

@cheesyboy you have two slots available for a game choice, as you didn't pick from the last game neither.

OP has been updated, including default DIP.

Good luck and happy gaming!

Soldato
ive never played this before, looks like a vertical defender would that be an accurate guess?
Something like that.

I've never really played a lot of 'golden era' stuff, and tend not to really love the ones I have tried, but I'd heard this was good and on a brief try quite liked it.

This will be the 3rd game of the last 4 that has been one of my selections!

Soldato
After a few tries 83,860. I don't remember playing this one before.

Fast shots from the enemies always seem to catch me out. Not sure I have the reactions these days for this game.

Clearly getting the humanoid thingy out of the round thing leads to some scoring potential.

Have done some reading on this game and there are reports of people clocking this game.

Last edited:
Soldato
you are a real glutton for punishment :D
I quite like these tough platformers :D I was tempted to go for Ghosts & Goblins, but I've already put quite a lot of time into that.

Have you ever played Volgarr the Viking? Its a modern indie game but heavily inspired by Rastan (and G&G a bit too). It's actually what got me interested in it: I'd never even heard of Rastan previously.

Soldato
I quite like these tough platformers :D I was tempted to go for Ghosts & Goblins, but I've already put quite a lot of time into that.

Have you ever played Volgarr the Viking? Its a modern indie game but heavily inspired by Rastan (and G&G a bit too). It's actually what got me interested in it: I'd never even heard of Rastan previously.
Yeah i did play it, it took me about 12 hours to pass the first level :D

Soldato
Yeah i did play it, it took me about 12 hours to pass the first level :D
Yeah it's tough. I did finish it, but not on one credit, and it took some practice.

By the way, as we're in the retro section, Volgarr got a Dreamcast port. It's approved by the devs for free distribution. I've played it, but my Anbernic handheld can only run some DC games at full speed, and Volgarr isn't one of them.

Soldato
Yeah it's tough. I did finish it, but not on one credit, and it took some practice.

By the way, as we're in the retro section, Volgarr got a Dreamcast port. It's approved by the devs for free distribution. I've played it, but my Anbernic handheld can only run some DC games at full speed, and Volgarr isn't one of them.
i think i got about half way through it, it was tough but i did enjoy playing it. You should just pick up a dreamcast and do the ODE mod for it its really cheap, ive got a dreamcast and lots of games but so much easier with the ODE, i think they are only like £20-30 now and it still looks amazing with the VGA output.

Played another few games of Juno at lunch in my browser, couldnt get past 45k, defo a fun game though. How about we have 2 x games on the go at any time? Would get us all playing more games since were enjoying the format, or switch to a weekly rather than bi-weekly?

Last edited:
Soldato
i think i got about half way through it, it was tough but i did enjoy playing it. You should just pick up a dreamcast and do the ODE mod for it its really cheap, ive got a dreamcast and lots of games but so much easier with the ODE, i think they are only like £20-30 now and it still looks amazing with the VGA output.
I've got a DC in the loft, though not modded, but I just really like the convenience of handheld gaming. Plus it suits my lack of spare time to just pick up and play.

I do fancy a steamdeck, which would provide the grunt I need for higher end emulation

Soldato
I've got a DC in the loft, though not modded, but I just really like the convenience of handheld gaming. Plus it suits my lack of spare time to just pick up and play.

I do fancy a steamdeck, which would provide the grunt I need for higher end emulation
Yeah i get that, the new retroid pocket 4 looks ideal for dreamcast/gamecube/wii era. My eyesight is terrible in the past 5 years so i cant really get on with handhelds anymore though i do keep almost buying the pocket with the mister cores which would be ideal for gameboy/lynx/neo geo pocket, wonderswan and stuff

Soldato
I tried a few games on my phone at lunch time using a wired controller and a OTG cable. Couldn't get past level 4.

Tried a few games tonight on my PC at home and got a new high score, couldn't quite get to the 100k.

Managed 55k on the first life, then had wave 6 which is good for points as it is a bit like a challenge wave on Galaga. Think I got to Wave 8.

8RKmZjD.png

Bonus life at 100k so was pretty close.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom