Arcade High Scores! Current Game: Star Wars! - COME ON IN!

Soldato
Wanted to break that 100k barrier so played a few times this evening.

Had a 70k, 80k and a 119,860. Level 8.
aFIRyqz.png

Managed to score pretty well out of the humanoid thing, as much as 3000 per ship destroyed. It's handy as they don't shoot you during this stage so the more you get the easier it is to clear the level.

Must have got to level 7 before as level 8 is just evil and I don't remember the particular enemy characteristic. The extra life didn't last very long.

Last edited:
Soldato
solid effort, ive setup my old htpc with launchbox, just waiting on a dvi cable turning up tomorrow and then ill put a few more goes in over the weekend. Its defo more fun than i gave it credit for at the start, its not bubble bobble, but its still a lot of playability.

Soldato
I'd been topping out at about 70K, but just had a run to level 7 and a score of 133,980!

I didn't get all that much from the first two levels: think it was at about 30K after level 2, when I've managed probably 10-15K more than that before.

Had to make use of warps to try to stay alive, but ran out and just couldn't dodge all the homing shots.

Soldato
I remembered where I first heard of it. It was a video from Arcade Archive (my local retro arcade, associated with the RMC, if you're familiar);

He has a go in the video, and gives out some handy tips as he goes. Smashes out 226K whilst chatting!

Soldato
Made an improvement to my score.
Scored heavily first 2 rounds.
Made about 90k on first life.

C5hIKUY.png

Strat on first levels is to let loads of enemies spawn in before shooting the humanoid egg, this leaves you opportunity to rack up a good multiplier.
This strat does work on later levels too but the screen gets very very full of homing shots so best to clear up a bit more.
Ah just watched the video and he says basically exactly the same thing at the start.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate pacman with a passion, ill try and get a score on the board at some point. I played too much of it on the atari 2600 and im still scarred from that experience :D

I think because Pacman CE is so good its made the vanilla version really dull to play.

Last edited:
Soldato
Used to play Pac-man on the Atari 400 and 800xl.
I could take it up to the point where the power pills don't give you any blue ghostie time, not sure how many levels that would be.

Back
Top Bottom