Arcade High Scores! Current Game: Star Wars! - COME ON IN!

Soldato
damn... I'm sort of embarassed to post my score, but herre we go... I can reach the Dwarf, but the rest of it is not suited to me at all.
4700 :(
:hangs-head-in-shame:
This and Shinobi are tough games, to be honest. It's entirely respectable to find them very difficult.

We should definitely make sure to include different types of games if we can, to give a variety of challenges.

Soldato
Got a new high score (just over 155K), but just couldn't figure out where to go near the end of lvl3! So I used a continue to investigate: was alright, I just had to use a standing jump for extra height. Managed to beat the level 3 boss with my continue, so I reckon it'll be possible to do it on one credit now.

I'm thinking of trying to spend no coins until I can afford the 3rd weapon upgrade, just skip the first two.

Annoyingly, my score didn't go on the high score table because of using a continue.

Also need to explore level 3 a bit more as I I don't think I found a big secret score boost

Last edited:
Soldato
On level 1, there's a 10K bonus in the left wall when you enter the dungeon. There's also 500 coins in the wall behind the shop guy.

Once you get to 20K, you get an extra health bar.
Only another 110K to go :D.

I would love to see the runs you've done to get an idea. I watched a speedrun and part of a slower play through to get an idea before having another crack and can get so far on level 2 before either getting overwhelmed or hit by a boulder. Game seems good, I just need more time to get better :).

Soldato
Only another 110K to go :D.

I would love to see the runs you've done to get an idea. I watched a speedrun and part of a slower play through to get an idea before having another crack and can get so far on level 2 before either getting overwhelmed or hit by a boulder. Game seems good, I just need more time to get better :).
Towards the end of level 2, there's a 50K bonus hidden in the wall. That's the sort of thing that makes my score seem enormous, but it's the bonuses doing most of the work.

I have been 'farming' points killing skeletons, but that's relatively small fry really.

I played a little last night, but just kept making stupid mistakes. Need to slow down: got a bit overconfident :D

Soldato
Towards the end of level 2, there's a 50K bonus hidden in the wall. That's the sort of thing that makes my score seem enormous, but it's the bonuses doing most of the work.

I have been 'farming' points killing skeletons, but that's relatively small fry really.

I played a little last night, but just kept making stupid mistakes. Need to slow down: got a bit overconfident :D
Thanks, that sounds quite promising. If I get some time this evening I'll have another crack.

Soldato
Oh, nice! I've not got to the end of level 3 on one credit yet.

You need to hunt down those hidden bonuses for a really big score
Yep would like to spend some time on it but just won't have a chance annoyingly. Its funny I still remember some kid at a roller skating place getting to the dragon probably back when the game was quite new. They replaced it with teenage mutant ninja turtles eventually!

Soldato
255,800. Finally got through level 3. Found an octopus on level 4, I think it must have given me 50K points or more.

Got killed in the end by a wall flame that only triggered when I got close enough to wake up one of the stone Dwarf shop guys. Sneaky place to put that :D

Back
Top Bottom