Arcade High Scores! Current Game: Star Wars! - COME ON IN!

Soldato
Think I'll have one more go this evening at beating my high score. I got to level 2-3 and had a mid-80s score, which I've screenshotted, but feel like I can get further, albeit I'll have to figure out the levels boss if I get to it.

By the way, the start of 2-3 got me feeling a little Rick Dangerous: walk to the edge of the platform, get stabbed by a surprise ninja. Next life, anticipate the ninja, and figure there will be more at the next platforms. Then, at the 4th or 5th platform get stabbed by a surprise 2nd ninja :D

Soldato
82780. I did get a bit further through 2-3 on a go this evening, but had a lower score.
1KhGvmt_d.webp

In case I got there on 1 credit, I did have a practice on the 2nd boss and found it ok, beat it on my 2nd life. 3rd level is a bit tricky

Associate
For me it was Time Crisis, House of the Dead and Point Blank :).

a lot of my arcade game experience comes from early days of MAME.

The same for me, I was born in 1989 so growing up I was a little late for the classic cabinets but I was lucky enough to be in arcades when the odd one was still about. So much of my pocket money went into time crisis though!

Soldato
Agree, this was a good one.

Really feels like a game you can learn to master, given some more practice.

In terms of my arcade history, I was born 82 and didn't have an arcade in my home town, so only got to play the single machine at the local video store (it was TMNT for a while, so that was great), or when I went on holiday.

At different holidays, I spent a chunk of time on Rampage, Final Fight, Simpsons... Plus messing around on loads of others. It was all mid-80s to mid 90s, really. Never really played the 'golden era' stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
@JoeBoi do you have another game lined up if you're still leading at the end?

I haven't found myself much time on this one. Feels like one of them games where it will take hours, or even days for me to score well.
Hey, I wanted to give my choice to @Metalface Mark if he is up for that? Edit: Have just re-read the rules, if that is an issue, happy for next player in line :).

This is my last submission for Shinobi - 114270

Last edited:
Soldato
This is my last submission for Shinobi - 114270
Interesting to see how your approach is different to mine. Using the special in the middle of 2-3 is probably sensible: I was too obsessed with holding on to it for the bonus.

I found a handy trick to deal with the guy lying down on 2-1 was to jump on top of him when jumping back to the foreground: makes him stand up :D

Soldato
Interesting to see how your approach is different to mine. Using the special in the middle of 2-3 is probably sensible: I was too obsessed with holding on to it for the bonus.

I found a handy trick to deal with the guy lying down on 2-1 was to jump on top of him when jumping back to the foreground: makes him stand up :D
Those campers are quite tricky to deal with tbh, I had my little routine for the game that worked for me and wanted to see how far I could get before needing a continue. Have thoroughly enjoyed this one :).

Soldato
OP
Hey, I wanted to give my choice to @Metalface Mark if he is up for that? Edit: Have just re-read the rules, if that is an issue, happy for next player in line :).

Haha, nice position to put me in :D. Unfortunately I don't want to feel like @Zowghi and @cheesyboy would be missing out. So if they can collectively agree then yeah that's fine.

I'm still open to ideas regarding the way a new game is selected. There's a few different ways I've thought about.

a) we keep it as it is
b) we keep it as it is with the option to delegate to one person, but they then can't delegate to someone else (should both parties not want to pick, next in line picks)
c) everyone gets to pick up to 3 games each week they'd like to see played, I will use a website to randomly generate one game from the list.
d) ... open to everyone's ideas on how to proceed with this.

The only reason I'm thinking of deviating from the OP's rules, is if we get a week where nobody is selecting or taking ages, it delays being able to update the post ready for the next weeks.
Everyone, please let us know how you think games should be selected!

Soldato
If it is easier, I'm happy for second place. My thought process was that Mark started posting on the thread around the same time as me and hadn't had a turn in choosing a game. I'm not sure on best option, but if everyone got a choice that would be cool :).

C might be a good option.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@cheesyboy (check post #134).

For next week I'm going to change to option C to try it out. So choose up to 3 options you'd like to see as the next game.

Have your selection in by the deadline.
You can select the same game as an option more than once.
More than one person can pick same game.
The more selections a game gets, the more chances it has to win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom