Arcade High Scores! Current Game: Star Wars! - COME ON IN!

Soldato
OP
What’s default lives on this? I had a blast on mister but it had me on 7 lives, assume it should be 3?

I got to 21500 on 3 lives

Here's the default switch settings.

3RsrmOVl.png

Soldato
I'm quite looking forward to the new challenge.

@cheesyboy R-Type is such a good choice, I'm rubbish at side scrolling shooters I have tried to practice on it a few times, as I had it on the Master System and holds good nostalgia for me!

Soldato
I'm quite looking forward to the new challenge.

@cheesyboy R-Type is such a good choice, I'm rubbish at side scrolling shooters I have tried to practice on it a few times, as I had it on the Master System and holds good nostalgia for me!
Yeah, I've tried various versions of R-Type, but never put any time into any of them. Would be cool to have a reason to play it more.

Master System version is really good, probably the best 8-bit I've tried, although I hear the Speccy has a great conversion. PC Engine has the best home version, overall, from what I've tried.

Soldato
OP
Best so far is 18000. I think I prefer this over Shinobi, however, this to me feels more chaotic! Every step you face a new danger, some right after the other! Then you get passed and think you've got this, then BAM! a boulder comes flying out of nowhere and smacks you on the head!

Associate
@Spacedeck, how about if there was a list of recommended games that the thread creates, like you're suggesting, but the winner can choose a game from that if they like, otherwise, it just got to RNG?

I like the idea of playing to "win" something, but also don't know enough about retro games to make a real recommendation.

Soldato
OP
@Spacedeck, how about if there was a list of recommended games that the thread creates, like you're suggesting, but the winner can choose a game from that if they like, otherwise, it just got to RNG?

I like the idea of playing to "win" something, but also don't know enough about retro games to make a real recommendation.

Well if someone picks a game from the list, if they have put games down themselves, we could end up playing one person's games should they win every week. Plus it also means relying on said person to pick the next game. I mean this could work and be updated in a timely manner if the person who wins can suggest the game on the Sunday or by dinnertime on Monday, otherwise I go to RNG to have a game available. If we go this route, I don't want to change the current format unless majority agree.

My idea would be we don't need to pick new games every single time if we didn't want to. Any game that is picked by RNG, them entries will be removed the list of games. Everyone also has the option of a) changing up some / all their current selection, or leaving them as they are, and b) replace the game removed should it have been picked to still have 3 choices.

I can list up the 3 choices everyone has made in the OP, so it's easily viewable and then people can decide if they want to change some or keep all the same when it's time. *now added to OP

If I can find the correct way to display it, I'll see about also adding an overall leaderboard with who's finished top the most.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom