• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem like the TUF ones aren't as popular compared the other cards from known AIB partners.

There wasn't much of a buzz for them before the launch.
A lot of people were just passing them over as a option.
I think people were put off by past cooler issues with the TUF line up.
Seams like ASUS listened to the criticism and got their act together for this release.

Associate
I mean speculation wise, am I 800 in the order of all those 13,000 orders or 800 TUFs?
800th order overall i would believe. I've just gone over what people have estimated order wise. But it will most likely be higher. I was guessing by doing an average of what people have said. I don't have the actual order data unfortunately. Just i know it's over 10,000. Has anyone ordered today, so that i can estimate how many orders based on that order number?

Associate
TUF line up has always been hit and miss, personally I've hated that line up, and had many a problem, so always opted for Strix when possible. Especially with the TUF cooler issues they've had i'm not surprised many still avoid that lineup, after all it is their more "money" friendly option, so will always be second to strix rog products.

Associate
how did you calculate this mate? surprised about the TUF. one of the cheaper models and reviewed well. maybe the £40 price hike put people off?
I calculated based on current submissions by card / by total submissions. And utilised the percentages overall to work out how many cards are estimated ordered

Associate
I have the feeling if I ordered a card today I might aswell wait for the 20gb version since I will most likely get on before this one...

Associate
zotacs trinity cards are best avoided, check out buildzoids video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AVZSjYDR2E

the power delivery is practically the worst you can get acording to him :(, glad i found this out as that was the card i was hopeing to get, but not now.

asus's tuf cards seem to be one of the best for power delivery :)

I don't particularly mind the 1-4% difference.
I don't really OC, and in a years time for an upgrade/super refresh this will go to my wife and still have 4 years warranty :)

Soldato
You made it ?? Absolute Legend :D
Want to thank you for your contribution. Just checked my queue position and this is hopefully this is good news!

Order Number: 5870176
Code:
You picked ASUS TUF OC
In your card selection queue number:433

Not sure how many orders there were before and actually shipped out but hey not that big compared to others positions in queue considering I completed my order at 18 Sep 2020 01:58:00.

If anybody has any news on the stock amount or how many were originally in stock then that would be great!

No no, i didn't make it, im merely putting everything together so its easier for you lot to use and update it. Credit goes to someone else not me.

Associate
No no, i didn't make it, im merely putting everything together so its easier for you lot to use and update it. Credit goes to someone else not me.

I mean this is very confusing because my order number is a lot less than that and I am a lot higher in the queue? I don't understand.

EDIT: Sorry meant to quote the person who you quoted

Soldato
I don't particularly mind the 1-4% difference.
I don't really OC, and in a years time for an upgrade/super refresh this will go to my wife and still have 4 years warranty :)

you paying more for less performance than a fe card from nvidia, yes granted nothing can be bought at the moment, but why try and buy the 10gb card as a 20 gb card has been leaked, better off keeping your cash for that or hell amd's new cards. sit back and watch the train wreak that will happen when a 20gb or navi land the 10gb 3080 now will be disgarded and will drop in price :)

TUF line up has always been hit and miss, personally I've hated that line up, and had many a problem, so always opted for Strix when possible. Especially with the TUF cooler issues they've had i'm not surprised many still avoid that lineup, after all it is their more "money" friendly option, so will always be second to strix rog products.

There is some question this time to what more the Strix models can offer as overclocking headroom appears limited.
Probably has something to do with NVIDIA already increasing the power draw by default to a much higher level.

PDW

PDW

Associate
The figures listed above give the order of popularity as:
MSI Gaming - 2,163
GIGABYTE Eagle - 1,605
MSI Ventus - 1,338
ASUS Strix OC - 691

The shop popularity order shows:
MSI Gaming
ASUS TUF
GIGABYTE Eagle
MSI Ventus

So there must be a lot of TUF buyers not showing in the list.

Associate
MSI Gaming - 2,163
GIGABYTE Eagle - 1,605
MSI Ventus - 1,338
ASUS Strix OC - 691

MSI Gaming
ASUS TUF
GIGABYTE Eagle
MSI Ventus

Sadly, i can only go off of submissions currently theres close to 650, each one we get closes the gap. But i think some of those are potentially receiving theirs.

Associate
MSI Gaming - 2,163
GIGABYTE Eagle - 1,605
MSI Ventus - 1,338
ASUS Strix OC - 691

MSI Gaming
ASUS TUF
GIGABYTE Eagle
MSI Ventus

What i will say is that it estimates 300+ for 18th and 159+ for 19th

Soldato
Those thinking of cancelling and going for the 3090 be aware benchmarks are online + a YT video by the same Chinese leaker that did the 3080 benchmarks which was 100% accurate, you are only looking at between an extra 10-14FPS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ridrNvPfWYw

Both 3080 and 3090 have the same boost clock on founders edition but that video is showing significantly lower clocks out of the box compared to the 3080. Quite curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom