• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I ordered my MSI GAMING X TRIO 3080 at 14:28 ( my order confirmation email says 15:09) I asked in web ticket and was told and confirmed my order has a watch dogs legion and Geforce now code that I'll get once card ships. So I wouldn't worry. They codes didn't go within seconds.
Email below
Screenshot-20200928-090655.jpg

Nice..I ordered at 14:27 so I should have a code as well.

Associate
I ordered my MSI GAMING X TRIO 3080 at 14:28 ( my order confirmation email says 15:09) I asked in web ticket and was told and confirmed my order has a watch dogs legion and Geforce now code that I'll get once card ships. So I wouldn't worry. They codes didn't go within seconds.
Email below
Screenshot-20200928-090655.jpg
Out of curiosity, you stated you ordered at 14:28 but your email states 15:09 is this the time you received the email or is it physically stated order time 15:09. One of the OC staff has suggested that they are not going off the order time but payment confirmation. I'm assuming some peoples may not be different but if yours is shown then maybe this a way how to tell. Mine for example was 14:33 and this is what is stated in the email but my order status didn't update till I got the email 19:00. Despite it confirmation of PayPal and the bank card almost instantly

Associate
Morning everyone!
First post (be gentle)

Been a OC customer for many years and have never had to come to the forums for anything. Service has always been prompt and perfect.

That being said...having browsed this thread almost constantly since the 19th (don't even ask about my assumed queue position...ASUS TUF non-OC), I'm absolutely staggered.

So many issues, some valid and some less so. But the near silence of customer service IS worrying. I get it...all those calm people saying 'what's the point? You want an update saying 'no stock' and none expected in the near future?'

Well....YES! Any information is better than none! Personally, I'm in no great hurry (as evidenced by my tardy order) and will keep my place in the queue. I'm also running an ancient Giga 970 since before the beginning of time, so I can afford to wait some more.

But some people can't...either through compulsion or simple finances. Telling those people to calm down and either cancel or STFU is counterproductive. Some people are saying that other retailers future stock delivery schedules (released to their customers) are just hopeful.

I disagree.

I would find it absolutely incredible if OC are not aware of a) Stock that is enroute from their suppliers and b) the numbers involved. The alternative is that OC are sitting in their loading bay waiting to see if a truck turns up, and that is more fantastical that some of the posters on here....

So....put the information out there. Not what just came in the door. What you are expecting to come in. No exact numbers required...hell, make an arbitrary small (10-50), medium (50-100) or large (100+) statement for each expected delivery. And if you're really risk averse, put a damn disclaimer on saying 'expected deliveries are subject to shipping issues, pandemics, magnetic fluctuation or rabid weasel attack' :)

No information...and even current 'this is what went out the door today' information is going to continue to wind people up even further. It's not rocket science, and whilst I can think of a couple of scenarios for the radio silence we're experiencing, providing some basic advance information might go a little way to calming things down, reducing the phone calls/webnotes/emails and generally making life better for everyone.

I have basically accepted that OC will never be able to fullfill the Asus TUF orders given my apparent location in the unofficial queue, they have a silly amount of those. Looking elsewhere to desperately pick one up, I have literally no faith what so ever in OC being able to manage this many orders before next year, regardless of what they say about being "nvidias primary partner in the UK" clearly they have zero buying power.

Associate
As soon as the queue positions come in it'll be

So when they coming in then?
How big are the shipments?
How often are they coming in?
Are they coming by plane or boat?
Is it 48 a week or 47?
So is that 47 of one card or all cards?
So how many of my card is coming in?
Any info on the <insert my card here>?
Will I get my codes?
Why are <insert brand I didn't buy> getting more stock than <insert brand I did buy>?
I'm switching my order to a <insert brand with more stock>?
Will we get a card before October/November/Christmas/the return of Christ?
I'd like to speak to the manager!
My solicitor will hear about this!

All day every day until either everyone gets a card or the heat death of the universe occurs. Either is equally likely.
Agreed, it's rather mental on here to be honest.... in normal circumstances i'd be exactly the same after paying £850 and having zero clue about when it's coming etc. however what's the point when the etailer doesn't even know... lol

Associate
I'm all for improved communication from OC but give them chance man, it's 7 minutes into the average working day.

Even if they had all the information as soon as they walked in the door, they still have to physically type it up.

Gibbo's first post last week was just after 11am, and to me read as a "summary of a start of week meeting we just had". If I had to guess I'd say they are currently, or about to be, in another such meeting and hopefully after that will give us all an update on everything.

Out of curiosity, you stated you ordered at 14:28 but your email states 15:09 is this the time you received the email or is it physically stated order time 15:09. One of the OC staff has suggested that they are not going off the order time but payment confirmation. I'm assuming some peoples may not be different but if yours is shown then maybe this a way how to tell. Mine for example was 14:33 and this is what is stated in the email but my order status didn't update till I got the email 19:00. Despite it confirmation of PayPal and the bank card almost instantly

If you are refering to @NikTheSHNIK comment here, I'm fairly certain they were replying to the discussion in that conversation about what causes the order number to be generated

So does this news that order number does not equal order time kind of invalidate our calculator? :(

In this much more detailed post here they state:

As each order payment took a different time to process depending upon payment type/terms their order number doesn't match up to the times that orders were taken.

At that point we can no longer use a difference in order number to determine a place in queue.

My read on that was that since order number and the time the system processed their payment are linked, they can't use order number like they usually do because it doesn't line up with order time. That is the same post that mentions that they were still processing payments last Thursday. I can't believe they'd punish people who ordered on the 17th by putting them a week back in the queue because the payment processor's link to their server failed under the load. Though I am biased, since my 15:16 payment didn't actually show up on OC's site till the following Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not overly fussed about when I get my card, I think I'm close to the front (top 20 according to unofficial) but it's bad that we're having to go to a competitor site to see roughly when deliveries are expected.

Caporegime
I have basically accepted that OC will never be able to fullfill the Asus TUF orders given my apparent location in the unofficial queue, they have a silly amount of those. Looking elsewhere to desperately pick one up, I have literally no faith what so ever in OC being able to manage this many orders before next year, regardless of what they say about being "nvidias primary partner in the UK" clearly they have zero buying power.

Thats the dilemma. Without doubt as I know from the last two Nvidia launches, ocuk get way way more stock compared to any other UK retailer including Amazon UK. But equally ocuk seem to have way more orders than other retailers.

Even their main competitor beginning with an S, had 500 pre orders of some models of cards.

The question is now, if you are say 1600th on ocuk list and ocuk get 100 cards in every few days then it will be 8 weeks until you get delivery but do you go to the back of the other retailer queue at 600th but they are only getting 50 cards a week in so it will be 12 weeks to delivery?

Nobody knows for sure but unless i was near the back of the queue at ocuk I would be holding onto to my place.

Associate
First post here, like someone above. And as above, I've never had a problem with OC before. But the 3080 debacle...

My main beef isn't that stock is low - this was utterly predictable. It's these things:

* OC took my money. I'm £700 down with no product. I genuinely thought I was pre-authorising the purchase, not paying up-front and then waiting. Maybe that's on me for not reading the small print. How long will I wait before cancelling? This is the question, eh. Nobody is holding a gun to my head...

* Lack of information. I appreciate that OC might not have what they deem to be a meaningful update for us, but understand this: 'no update' is a valid update. Tell us if you don't have any news.

* Predictive statistics - it really isn't that hard to provide a system that shows your position in the queue. It also isn't very hard to plug into that predicted restock dates and numbers. As a software developer myself, I also know it's immensely frustrating to be told by a layman that 'it's easy to build x'. But the thing is, OC shouldn't need to build something quickly in response to this situation. It should be in place already.

* Taking pre-orders without a genuine understanding of your own company's purchasing power is disingenuous at best. I fear OC believes it is a bigger player in the market than it really is. I'm concerned that OC has filled its coffers through a slightly cynical approach to pre-order fulfilment. I.e. cash grab. Those Ferraris don't pay for themselves, eh.

I'm not saying OC is any worse than any other company. Sure, I could take my pre-order somewhere else. But then I might have to wait even longer. All I'm asking for is a bit of respect. I just dropped more money than I can really afford into OC's bank account. I deserve better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom