• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi, thanks for your explanation. I have corsair r750i or rm. I was on their website and the only cable with 4+4 wad like you said CPU cable. I am clueless as to what cable to get and it needs to be compatible with my PSU. Could you plz help.

I suspect you mean RM750i, which will be fine for the 3080. The sockets in question you will use are the red ones 1,2,3 in the pic.

You want the 6+2 PCI-E cables x2 and plug the 8 pin ends into two of those sockets (1,2or3 in the pic). The other ends will likely have two 6+2 connectors, so you should end up with 4x 6+2 connectors to play with, just use the two main ones (not the extra ones). You can get some sleeved cable extensions if you want it to look good.

The remaining socket in that block of three will have your CPU power cable in, which will be a 4+4 at the end. This allows support motherboards with a 4pin or 8pin power socket.

vTng7.jpg

Permabanned
f150eecb8716c259eddacfd6bfe76f7fd0466b20.jpeg

Associate
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio shows five SPCAPS, one MLCC clusters (10)" I think this is what could be causing delays..as mentioned this config is confirmed as unstable at high boost and the card was produced with high OC.

The 3090 has two MLCC mounted centrally and may be ok.

I'm a bit gutted off im honest and am considering holding off for the 20g version with fixed caps

Any thoughts from other msi pre-orders??
Apparently the 3080 trio has been updated to 2 MLCC. Question is, will the 1st batch going out only have the one!
I'm a bit further down the line at 5:30 on the 17th, so I'm hopeful that will be far enough back to avoid the first revision.
We really need some honesty and clarity an this from MSI and nvidia...Maybe even @Gibbo but I suspect he can't say much about it at the moment.
I'm keeping my pre-order for now, as I want the card, but I am on the verge of cancelling. We do need to know what the situation is.

Permabanned
I suspect you mean RM750i, which will be fine for the 3080. The sockets in question you will use are the red ones 1,2,3 in the pic.

You want the 6+2 PCI-E cables x2 and plug the 8 pin ends into two of those sockets (1,2or3 in the pic). The other ends will likely have two 6+2 connectors, so you should end up with 4x 6+2 connectors to play with, just use the two main ones (not the extra ones). You can get some sleeved cable extensions if you want it to look good.

The remaining socket in that block of three will have your CPU power cable in, which will be a 4+4 at the end. This allows support motherboards with a 4pin or 8pin power socket.

vTng7.jpg
Yes that's mine PSU !!! Thank you very much for wonderful explanation !

Associate
That means they received nothing. Next month will probably know more. Just chill and relax. It's not the end of the world, unless you paid for the card with your rent money. :D

Associate
******* hell no update since Thursday. That's a bloody joke

Pretty much as predicted, would you have preferred an update that said there were no updates?

Deliveries are going to be sporadic for a while and mostly on short unpredictable lead times.

Expect things to get better in terms of information further out after the first week or so of October.

Anything more detailed you read elsewhere has more to do with hope than accuracy...

Associate
It's interesting to me how some people ignore 80% of the comments and only respond to the ones that match their narrative. Now our politics make a bit more sense.

Associate
Tell me boys what do you expect exactly?

Other competitors won't give you a queue position and make it clear in the ir FAQs that that's the case.

Just some communication on where we stand. Some stock was meant to come in on Friday for example? Some comms is better than none. Dont you agree?

Associate
So it would seem that we have a case of very random BINS? Some good OCs some bad OCs and it doesn't really seem to matter what caps have been used.

Ya I don't know why this isn't being discussed more, sure a lot of AIB's used different configs in there cards but because Nvidia went with Samsung there yields first time round would have been pretty poor to say the least. We knew this was going to be the case and that there were only the top binned chips kept for the founders edition. After this I think it's a bit of a lottery on who gets what.
So as Samsung make more, there yields should get better as well

Pet Northerner
Don
Just some communication on where we stand. Some stock was meant to come in on Friday for example? Some comms is better than none. Dont you agree?

But you know where you stand. You've pre-ordered a card and the store is awaiting stock to fulfil your order. The only official update left for you is that your card is now in and allocated to you.

Being told a handful of stock has come in and out doesn;t help you any more really does it?

Sharing this here at risk of the post being deleted but :

GBMI8Mw.png

That literally tells you nothing. They could have got one card of each brand and you'd be none the wiser - it doesn't explain where you are in relation to the shipments nor will it bring you any closer to knowign your delivery date, other that on the WC 21st Sept you didn;t get one.

Edit: that particular store doesn;t have a forum for people to complain on either. OCUK only appear to be bad in some eyes because they have a public place to boot off on. Unlike most other e-tailers.

Associate
Tell me boys what do you expect exactly?

Other competitors won't give you a queue position and make it clear in the ir FAQs that that's the case.

I know a competitor that gave a date for shipment at order (OC gave no date for the same card) and has a schedule on the website for when it receives new shipments of different brands of cards. This is the level of information that we should expect at a minimum if we can’t be provided with a queue number. No information is pretty poor customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom