• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
119884519_322349598862663_3153036222860662424_n.jpg

:rolleyes::p

12 posts and already digging...

See you next year I guess. I was working when preorders went up. Managed to add to basket but then I got an error code and it all failed on me. Then website crashes. Didn't manage to order a gigabyte card until last night.

@Aurhinius It's not about getting anxious about a luxury item, I'm miffed because when I ordered I was given an ETA of 23rd to dispatch but now it's November+, I've been waiting for this launch for the majority of lockdown due to working from home and having 2-3 reboots a day due to AMD driver instability, I didn't want to "waste" money by getting an interim GPU and waited for the launch of this, only to be scolded, I don't mind waiting a little longer but some clarity about where I am in "the queue" would be nice, OCUK blatently have this information, they know how many orders they've had, stock levels be damned.

And you are quite right to be miffed mate. Cancel your order and buy one else where would be my advice if you don't like the way you were treated. OCuk will not want to give any information out because they probably don't have it themselves if distributers are not giving it and board partners aren't either not that I want to defend them. Demand massively outstripped supply and expect that to be the case for at least another 4 weeks maybe longer. You will find its very therapeutic to just consign yourself to wait until there is stock readily available where you will have the pick of cards at RRP's. So you spend less and have more choice for less stress. Win on all fronts to be honest. You also get to see what AMD have to offer and if that might change nvidia pricing. You waited until launch day 4 - 8 weeks more I am sure you could manage if you wanted to.

I agree though they could indeed tell you where you are in the queue but that is probably changing all the time as well and without an automated system sending out e-mails as your position changes in the queue they are stuffed. They clearly don't have that ability yet maybe they will work on it.

Best of luck getting your cards!

I kept my GPU cause I knew for a fact it was going to be a nightmare to get a GPU, I remember when the 1080ti released they sold out in 30 minutes. Nothings changed.

There's no harm in waiting a few months for stock to recover, I don't see why people are crying over it. Get your refunds sorted and chill, get some crysis remaster on the go :P

It makes me wonder what the rtx 3070 release is actually going to be like. If its anything like this one, theres gonna rioting in the streets, questions asked in parliament and privatisation of the graphics card industry lol

I kept my GPU cause I knew for a fact it was going to be a nightmare to get a GPU, I remember when the 1080ti released they sold out in 30 minutes. Nothings changed.

There's no harm in waiting a few months for stock to recover, I don't see why people are crying over it. Get your refunds sorted and chill, get some crysis remaster on the go :p

Funnily enough I've been doing just that on the pc in me sig, and yes it can run it, but just about on a mixture of mid and high settings

But don't you think they should be stopping all orders on the site? It's unrealistic when they can't even fullfill current preorders.

When have they ever pulled a product off there site for this? Never, I've been here for years and they've always done this.

It might sound a bit strange, but I'm sort of "glad" we're in a queue for the 3080s now - gives us chance to compare the performance with the 3090 when the NDA lifts next week at least.

I think they should definitely stop taking orders for cards they have way over sold on even if it's just for a few days. Give people time to decide if they are cancelling or keeping pre order and try work out a lead time for people that decide to keep orders.

And you are quite right to be miffed mate. Cancel your order and buy one else where would be my advice if you don't like the way you were treated. OCuk will not want to give any information out because they probably don't have it themselves if distributers are not giving it and board partners aren't either not that I want to defend them. Demand massively outstripped supply and expect that to be the case for at least another 4 weeks maybe longer. You will find its very therapeutic to just consign yourself to wait until there is stock readily available where you will have the pick of cards at RRP's. So you spend less and have more choice for less stress. Win on all fronts to be honest. You also get to see what AMD have to offer and if that might change nvidia pricing. You waited until launch day 4 - 8 weeks more I am sure you could manage if you wanted to.

I agree though they could indeed tell you where you are in the queue but that is probably changing all the time as well and without an automated system sending out e-mails as your position changes in the queue they are stuffed. They clearly don't have that ability yet maybe they will work on it.

Best of luck getting your cards!

Thanks dude.

I'm in a weird position where I want to free the funds to maybe purchase somewhere else, but I actually managed to my order for MSRP, and seemingly everywhere is inflating the price so if I cancel, I'm looking at an inflated cost with a potentially long wait there too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom