• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Still don't really get how the dates of delivery were left up and could not be changed because of site issues but prices were freely changeable regardless.... I was gonna pay and wait but due to work by the time I got one (sadly later in the evening) it still said within a week?

Which just does not seem that honest ? If you have 100 GPUs and you sell 10000 you don't keep your sign up saying we have stock when you clearly don't and won't for along time.

that’s the reason I ordered late last night!

Associate
I get retailers have to make money but blaming the ROE?
Your ROE is fixed the minute its customs cleared into the country. Dont make out as if this changes daily on your stock, this is something your company do to increase profits.
I'm not that bothered, i get it, its business....But being lied to is just a poor show all round.

Associate
Your ROE is fixed the minute its customs cleared into the country. Dont make out as if this changes daily on your stock, this is something your company do to increase profits.
I'm not that bothered, i get it, its business....But being lied to is just a poor show all round.
None of the other prices changed, only the 3080s, but hey blame the £.

Associate
Still don't really get how the dates of delivery were left up and could not be changed because of site issues but prices were freely changeable regardless....

Probably considerably easier to modify the database back-end prices than it was to push HTML updates while the front-end servers were crashing and restarting...

It also explains why people were seeing the price changes during check-out rather than on the product pages...

They've freely admitted there were problems and nobody is being denied a refund so it really does come down to how much you want to stay in the queue to get one earlier than you otherwise could and potentially at a price you can't get any more either...

Associate
Its my first time back here since it crashed but seeing that as the excuse for the price hikes is a shocker! And to make it worse it was their excuse BEFORE it happened.

Associate
Well I will be keeping my preorder for now, to stay in the queue and will try my luck on the nvidia site, as I hear the founders edition will be back in stock next week.

Associate
digiw0rx - probably, as far as I can tell. I suspect we're going to see a similar stampede on Thursday for the 3090s. I'm going to hold my order for the moment as a backup and see what happens with the various launches over the next 6-8 weeks or so.

Associate
i can wait,horrible situation but ive been here before,ocuk do tend to get stock in before most so when they are here they will be shipped.gives me time to try and aquire a waterblock for the msi gaming trio

Associate
Your ROE is fixed the minute its customs cleared into the country.

Only if the payment terms are cross-currency which I would doubt for these products.

Settlement is almost certainly in USD so the ROE is determined by the date they settle the invoice, or when they purchase the currency to use to settle the invoice.

I would also expect that for the 3090 they are now pricing in the difficulty they have just experienced in matching the sales price of accurately to the number of products in each batch paid for at the different exchange rates.

One way or another though this has to be done better by the time the 3070 gets released...

Associate
There was a Reddit post today where someone who bought an unrelated part on OCUK at 13:45 yesterday (17th) posted an edited version of their OC order number. A bunch of other people followed suit and the latest one had bought around 13:30 today (18th), and had an OC number around 11,000 higher than the OP.
Let's assume these are all individual orders for 1 item each and that every single one of them is for an RTX. So, roughly 11K orders to fulfil from the "last 24 hours"-ish.
OCUK has 23 different varieties of RTX 3080 cards for sale/pre-order.
Based on Gibbo's earlier description of batch sizes (small <50, average >50, big >100 and dream >1K), and the fact that most of the upcoming ones have been described by him as "small", let's assume that they get a weekly batch of 50 for each of the 23 varieties (being super optimistic, of course!). That's a total of 1,150 per week total cards available to ship.
Not sure how realistic that weekly number is, and we also need to factor in that some cards were already on pre-order without ETA (i.e. Strix and Aorus). But for the sake of this hypothetical scenario, let's say they all start becoming available next week. We would be looking at the last card of those 11K being shipped in about 10 weeks time, or 27th Nov.
Obviously, some cards are more popular than others (MSI Trio seems to be extremely popular), and some will simply have longer lead times anyway due to supply problems or production readiness (EVGA, Strix, Aorus). But hopefully this math will give us a rough indication of where we potentially stand with this queue thing.
Also obviously, all this is based on sheer optimism and a massive bunch of assumptions, empirical data and my best shot at forecasting the impossible, as well as Reddit users OC order numbers, the items listed on the OCUK website and Gibbon's post on batch sizes from earlier. I have no other info, nor do I claim to be right. I just thought I would share my thought process as it might help some people guesstimate their position.
BTW, my pre-order went through at 00:21 today, and I was in the 9K-range position (based on the above info from Reddit users), in case that's useful info to anyone.

Associate
Only if the payment terms are cross-currency which I would doubt for these products.

Settlement is almost certainly in USD so the ROE is determined by the date they settle the invoice, or when they purchase the currency to use to settle the invoice.

I would also expect that for the 3090 they are now pricing in the difficulty they have just experienced in matching the sales price of accurately to the number of products in each batch paid for at the different exchange rates.

One way or another though this has to be done better by the time the 3070 gets released...

For me this would be settled instantly to get their ROE accurate at the time of sale, saving this shower were seeing all over the market. Unless Nvdia dictate this but seems unusual.

Caporegime
Well I will be keeping my preorder for now, to stay in the queue and will try my luck on the nvidia site, as I hear the founders edition will be back in stock next week.

where? Saw a Nvidia rep post on their forums Today that they currently have no idea when they will next have any more 3080FE!

Associate
Has anyone seen any good mining reviews on these?
Read a few today, mines Ethereum at 93 MH/sec on the overclocked versions and the Chinese farms are supposedly changing over to 3080’s from what some posts on Tweaktown said... Back to another running fight with the Miners it seems.....

Permabanned

For me this would be settled instantly to get their ROE accurate at the time of sale, saving this shower were seeing all over the market. Unless Nvdia dictate this but seems unusual.

Some of the cards are purchased in the UK from UK resellers, they aren't buying directly from Nvidia or even the likes of MSI.

Soldato
17 Sep 2020 16:39:00
Order received - not yet shipped
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

--

My trio order time , IM SCREWED :) lucky if i see one before cyberpunk release lol god i dont mind waiting that long but if i dont get one before that games release i will cancel order..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom