• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hmm, obviously you must have bought from a different place to where I think then. Obviously not going to mention the retailer but it was significantly more at the place I looked at (following clues to find it rather than actually knowing the retailer 100%).
Perhaps you were looking at the 3090 price?

Associate
Only update from them was amazon gave them order for 20k cards in first day alone. Let that sink in One retailer 20k cards from one brand...
I believe that was an error on their listing. I had my order cancelled and I bought mine at 3pm and I heard that all the orders were cancelled so none were sold by them.

Associate
Far too many pages to go through and see if this has cropped up before, but....

I've decided with all the bad press to cancel my Trinity with *Elsewhere* and go for the Aorus Master here - taking a gamble maybe but I've liked Aorus and im hoping with it being gigabyte top end it won't be full of cost cutting like in the Zotac cards. That being said....

I rang overclockers bascially told them I want to preorder and I know they don't have info etc, but I want to know what I'm getting myself into before I preorder. Is there 300 on back order or 3000. So he checked, 171. Sorted.Pre-ordered, I can wait.

Ran my number through the queue and it estimates I'm around 594. Cleary not since they only have 171 back orders.

Just thought I'd post it here so everyone knows how far off (in this instance anyway) the estimated numbers can be, and maybe it's not as bad as you think.

So there might be hope for my gigabyte Xtreme 3080 order ....... maybe :)

Associate
I can say after being on phone today. The MSI GAMING X TRIO 3080 Queue is less than half the ASUS TUF Gaming OC. So if you wanna change to MSI GAMING X TRIO from a ASUS TUF OC. Do it before end of the day because from 1st October (unsure if by end of day 1st or end of today didn't specify) They not allowing any swaps. That is so they can get the accurate queue system numbers emailed out to people. Else it wouldn't be correct the numbers if people could still change. If you really needs to get a card quick TUF Gaming OC queue is double any other card. And MSI Gaming X Trio is actually one of the lower ones now I'm told. One of the lowest popular cards. Obviously some of the really budget weird looking ones will be less. But also less that they get.

Associate
Well chaps, I'm out, my Zotac Trinity order has been cancelled here and I'm taking my chances with another card elsewhere.

Good luck to everyone waiting, I'm gonna hedge my bets elsewhere and if that fails, I'm gonna wait for stock to improve in the new year.

Soldato
Well chaps, I'm out, my Zotac Trinity order has been cancelled here and I'm taking my chances with another card elsewhere.

Good luck to everyone waiting, I'm gonna hedge my bets elsewhere and if that fails, I'm gonna wait for stock to improve in the new year.

You can always get Big Navi or just wait until you see 'in stock'. You may end up with more choice if you can wait until November / December.

Associate
i was waiting on the phone for like 20 minutes for them to cut me off at 5:30 and not take my call

I was on hold for a similar time but got cut off at 16:30 after it just ringing through for a while.
I wish they'd reduce the frequency of "your call is important to us" messages, every 10 seconds made it difficult to keep sane on speaker phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom