• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Prior to launch it was on the webpage, I also called and confirmed it with OCUK pre launch. Can I ask what made you choose the X3 over the X4 when there was only £10 difference and the X4 gets a bigger heatsink and an extra fan?
Ah ok, thank you for replying and confirming that :). I guess my decision between the two came down to aesthetics. I did not like the look of the 4th fan on the X4 and as I am not planning on overclocking, I dont think the extra heat pipe will be vital for my setup.

Associate
ordered ar 14:40 the evga xc3 ultra says im about 15 in line.. hoping for a fairly quick wait for my "preorder" also. fingers crossed. really tho it shouldnt take too long.

Soldato
ordered ar 14:40 the evga xc3 ultra says im about 15 in line.. hoping for a fairly quick wait for my "preorder" also. fingers crossed. really tho it shouldnt take too long.

You’ll be waiting a good while. EVGA seems to think the UK has dropped from the face of the earth.

Stock goes sailing past us and straight to the US I’m afraid... it’s rather telling too as OcUK has delisted them from being pre-ordered along with Zotac.

Associate
Some people were asking why the small deliveries when they are capable of manufacturing thousands...

...keep in mind that we are currently seeing what is most likely air-freighted quantities arriving just to 'prime the pump', the real volumes are in shipping containers, hopefully somewhere at sea right now destined to arrive in early October.

That is when you will see the deliveries moving into overdrive and the queues getting noticeably shorter.

Golden week will have an impact on news updates and anything air-freighted, but with any luck they will have got the containers well on their way to Europe by then so it shouldn't have such a big impact on deliveries if they have got stock away by the end of this month.
We should sacrifice some goats to Poseidon, don't want them to sink now do we!

Seriously though it's pretty mental to think how far products travel before they end up on the doorstep.

Associate
Frankly if I had ordered an EVGA I'd be cancelling and getting a Palit order in instead, judging by the numbers and EVGAs contempt for the UK market.

Yeah, I'm seriously considering cancelling my FTW3 Ultra and going for something else despite ordering at 13:58 and supposedly being No. 1 in the unofficial queue.
EVGA's disregard for European markets is completely unacceptable. Will give it a few days to see if there's any official updates but if there's nothing by the end of the week I'm out.

Associate
Got an email not long ago saying my order had been received. And to wait before using the web notes to track my order. Confused as to weather that means they have accepted my pre order. Or they've received my purchase and are about to ship it.. ( I had already had a thank you for your pre order email previously.

Associate
You’ll be waiting a good while. EVGA seems to think the UK has dropped from the face of the earth.

Stock goes sailing past us and straight to the US I’m afraid... it’s rather telling too as OcUK has delisted them from being pre-ordered along with Zotac.
zotac delivered cards today. it wont be that long

Associate
Got an email not long ago saying my order had been received. And to wait before using the web notes to track my order. Confused as to weather that means they have accepted my pre order. Or they've received my purchase and are about to ship it.. ( I had already had a thank you for your pre order email previously.
Got the same here buddy, but people told me that It meant It had just all been put through the system, but good news Is that I've jumped over 20 spaces forwards in the queue after today so you should check your queue position!

Associate
Also guys, Gibbo said that there Is a small amount of cards being shipped everyday and he said that after talking about the Zotac so anyone know If he meant for the Zotac or all the cards?

Associate
From someone with a similar time as you, you can use this number for the time being. 58622XX that will work with the calculator and with the data that I have it sounds "about right" with the order numbers. I might try and make it so that you can generate this yourself soon on the calc if its needed

Thanks. And having actually spent a second to think about the aditional complexity of time vs order number (you'd have to plot time to the graph, since it is unlikely to map nicely to a formula, which would be much more complex and harder to test) I've now reaslise how much more work it'd be.

Might have a play with a copy of the google sheet tomorrow and see if there is a good way of plotting per card on a graph that @shaan200 could add to the google sheet which would give an easy to comprehend visual for queue growth vs time per-card.

Associate
Also guys, Gibbo said that there Is a small amount of cards being shipped everyday and he said that after talking about the Zotac so anyone know If he meant for the Zotac or all the cards?

If you want to know what Gibbo said, he'd be the one to ask. Chances of an extensive answer are nil though. As he wrote, updates will be posted in the sticky thread.

Associate

I took that as generally there were small quantities of various cards arriving daily.

Associate
Here is the whole comment for context:

"We also shipped a very small amount of MSI today, tomorrow we expect a small amount of Palit cards.
P.S. A small amount of Zotac and Gigabyte also shipped, we are getting small deliveries almost daily which is better than nothing."

OcUK Staff
OP
You going to give the forum a heads up of which are in stock again and they will all be on preorder like the 3080s were? Thanks

Yea all ok pre order and to be honest the ones in stock are single digits so pre order is best option as prevents anyone ordering something showing in stock but the website not updating in time and turning out they missed out. Whereas pre order is assume no stock but then get pleasant surprise of a shipping notification and they will be lucky people as suspect there will be 100’s If not 1000’s of people attempting to order in first few minute.

Were implementing more precautions and locking down our site more to try and ensure things run a bit better but with these levels of demand it’s hard work as even some of the more advanced sites still went down.

Associate

I think you can safely assume that they're getting small amounts of cards almost every day, but not necessarily small amounts of each card or even each SKU. Some MSI one day, some Zotac another, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom