• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Nope. Processing still.

Tbh, I didn't really want to pay £100 more for a card with less less connectivity and no free game.

So I'm hoping my Eagle gets dispatched soon from OCUK.

This is why I am hanging in here. I could have snapped up a card via other sellers at the new inflated process but that seems a waste. If it was not for that I would have cashed in long ago.

Associate
The amount of interest OCUK must be coining in is staggering, like.

Let's say conservatively 7,500 cards on back order at an average cost of say £700.

That's £5.25m in the bank just gathering interest. Working in retail purchasing most stock will be on credit terms and not proforma so there is no upfront cost for OCUK.

This does seem a bit dodgy. They should give us vouchers back to the value of interest at the point our order is shipped.

They'd still keep the money but it lets us get 50% off postage next time we buy something or whatever lol

Associate
No panties twisted but don't like retailers selling something they've no hope in hell of actually supplying in good time, especially when taking full payment and ignoring everyone after.

For anyone who purchased when the site had a few expected dates on some cards (mainly MSI I think) I think that's a fair point but that was removed pretty quickly on launch day after the craz demand and site going down it's not a great situation but forgivable.

For anyone who ordered when all it said was pre-order with no dates shown then that's on them not OC. If you want to get in a queue and hand your money over with no expected date don't blame retailers for that. It's an option, people don't have to take it. I ordered at 8pm on the 18th. I'm around 2000 in the unofficial queue, but no idea in reality where I really am like everyone else. I knew exactly what I was doing when I pre-ordered and don't expect a card before December at the very best. if I change my mind I'll get my money back.

They haven't ignored everyone either. Information has been given you just have to understand it.

Associate
This does seem a bit dodgy. They should give us vouchers back to the value of interest at the point our order is shipped.

They'd still keep the money but it lets us get 50% off postage next time we buy something or whatever lol

We'd likely get less than a quid each lol, 5.25m * 0.1% interest which is a best-case scenario is £5250, and that 0.1% is what you get paid over a year if I'm not mistaken. That's if they even earn interest on a holding account which would be unlikely, not a dig at you mate but people really are blowing the whole earning interest thing out of proportion.

Associate
You seem nice. We must do lunch.
PMSL, I've got the popcorn out. Keep it coming! :D
You pay money, you enter a contract.
We are all owed some respect and a level of customer service that I would expect to receive from any retail outlet.
I don't know why this is so hard to accept from OCUK fanboys.

Associate

You would literally get no interest over this period of time, interest rates are also at record lows. I am not a fan of OC over this launch but to be fair, do people think they get the cards for free. They need to pay the distributors to get the stock, probably in advance due to all the competition and graphics cards are low margin like 5-10% profit (minus any price increases, but that puts it into perspective, people seem to think they get these cards for a packet of quavers)

Associate
Respect is not OWNED its EARNED and You earned nothing. Feel free to cancel anf go moan somewhere else.

Respect has nothing to do with it when you're a paying customer.

Ocuk share updates when they have news, so I don't know what more communication can be expected of them.

Associate
Helloooo - Long Time Lurker First Time Poster -
Has anyone who purchased from the *Competitor* yesterday spoken to them today to check if the orders are being sent out today or if it was just a fever dream we all had?

Also to all those on here that say we should sit quietly in the dark waiting for the OCUK overlords to drop us a small morsel of info to appease us like good like lap dogs ...

WHY Should we, yes we all knew that the cards would be in high demand, but why on gods green earth put ETA's on products long into launch day when you knew full well unless a 747 landed in the car park with stock to fulfill this mythical date. It took me almost 6 hours to get my order to go through, after what I would like to start the trend name going as the 'THE GREAT WEBSITE WOBBLE of 2020' And the MSI Ventus I ordered still had an ETA of 18th on it.

OC customer service has been far from stellar on this occasion ( unless I'd of started my new daily job of reading this forum I would have had 0 info from the company ) The web note I submitted got a reply of yes we did get stock on the 18th but not enough to fulfill orders we have learned from our mistake and hope to have it sorted for the next lot of fools who will give us money when the 3070 launches.

Yes, I could cancel my order and head off into the wilderness again if I'm not happy as the OCUK defense force has told us all to do if we do not like being lied to or at very best falsy advertised to.

I do understand Stock is very low across the world, but they are still selling these cards with 0 info available to new customers and for the foolhardy bunch who have already added money to the OCUK new Ferrari fund we have almost 0 useful info, surely they know when stock leaves China for the UK ( I do when I place my orders from china I get told they will be with you in 2 months and that's direct info from my supplier of paper in China ) I find it very hard to see that they do not have a very rough idea of right a shipment of MSI has been put on a plane and were getting 100 of them on Tuesday for example.

But anyway..... enough of a rant... I'm sure I will be shot down now by the OCUK defense force but as I say a little customer service goes a long way in appeasing the mob and may lighten there workload answering web notes and phone calls from the new OCUK Ferrari fund benefactors. :D

As I say long time lurker first-time moaner :p

Associate

Only thing they don't get any interest there. The account is just business holding account. As they need the money to be always on, in case of shipments and order cancellations. And bank's won't allow you to just move large amount of money from regular account to savings account and back.

Associate
All I know is once my card ships Ill bid this thread adieu and so will everyone else.

OCUK will hopefully have this all forgotten about.

Next time any seller hopefully will have the proper ordering systems in place to stop it from happening again including NVidia and their super tight treatment of NDA/releases/poor launch dates.

Associate
They've already told us it's coming soon.

There's only so long you can use the term COMING SOON though, last Monday it was a few days than earlier this week it was today or tomorrow, and then today depending on who you speak to we are going card to card or very soon.

I think what hey mean is .... PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE I DONT KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON ANY MORE .. AND THEN ERROR 404 APPEARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom