Are all the claims for a 5.1 jailbreak rubbish

I've been so tired after last night I forgot this was coming out! OK... Time to go save screenshots of what I have on Cydia on iPhone and then update and jailbreak.

Then iPad! :D

iphone 4S on 5.1.1 jailbroken! YES! Now iPad V1 when I get home!
This sounds sad but im gonna have a really good weekend now! haha
I was wondering what to do with myself today lol. Figures out what was on/off/changed from my previous jailbreak tweaks on iPhone and figure out what I want on iPad.

Will keep me going till tonight, iPhone currently jailbreaking. Nice that a GUI version of Absinthe is out as last time it was CLI only for a while *which wasn't really annoying but still* (Windows)

Edit: Damn that was fast!

Weird I just got a text from GiffGaff and download a file which added a profile so I didn't have to manually type in network settings. Cool

Last edited:
If my iPad3 is on 5.1 do I need to download the firmware still or just Absinthe 2.0?

EDIT: No I didn't, that was super quick and easy.

Full list of compatible devices for 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak are as follows:

iPhone 4S
iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS
iPad (3rd gen)
iPad 2
iPad 1
iPod touch 3G
iPod touch 4G
Apple TV 2G

I need to j/b my iP4, iPad 2 and ATV2. Gonna wait a few days first till any bugs are ironed out ;)

Good that you don't have the mess around with putting the device in to DFU mode etc.
Made it quicker, my ipad took longer than iPhone.

I'm trying to add some cydia sources though and not working.. POSIX: Operation timed out. This one has been trying for a few minutes now, the last failed also.. (Same on iPad and iPhone)

Last edited:
Made it quicker, my ipad took longer than iPhone.

I'm trying to add some cydia sources though and not working.. POSIX: Operation timed out. This one has been trying for a few minutes now, the last failed also.. (Same on iPad and iPhone)

The repo's will be under heavy load at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom