Are all the claims for a 5.1 jailbreak rubbish

If you get the "Something wrong", "Recovery complete" Something like that when jailbreaking you iDevice via Absinthe, follow these steps.

1) Close Absinthe.
2) Open iTunes.
3) Connect your devices if it is not connected already.
4) Go to you device in iTunes and click "Restore"
5) Wait for the restore, when its done you will get a setup thing on your device.
****** DO NOT DO THE SETUP ********
6) Close iTunes and open Absinthe.
7) Jailbreak your iDevice.
8) Restore settings from a backup
Have fun.

Unsure what everyone wants it for - the only thing left nowadays is install0us and that's just naughty.
If anything that's not a reason, it's a pain and if you can afford a iOS device you can buy apps which are generally <£1
/reserving this space for my reasoning of why I jailbreak.

Last edited:
Unsure what everyone wants it for - the only thing left nowadays is install0us and that's just naughty.
I stopped once my iPad and iPhone both got OTA updates, can't be bothered with it now. I do miss infinifolders, was nice having big scrollable folders.

All I jailbreak these days is my AppleTV, well worth doing and I will now be able to update to the latest version to get the new UI - the lack of untethered put me off upgrading until now.

Not bothered at all about JB'ing my iPhone or New iPad but I really want to turn my useless ATV3 into an awesome XBMC box. Fingers crossed for a ATV3 Jailbreak :)

Sooo I followed the instructions earlier, backed up, wiped the iPad and used the installer. Restored backup and it doesn't seem any different at all? Should I have anything in Settings or on home screen as some kind of clue? :o

Back
Top Bottom