Poll: Are mushy peas acceptable in a fry up?

Are mushy peas acceptable in a fry up?

• Yes

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • No, you're a monster

Votes: 240 87.3%
  • Pancakes all the way.

Votes: 16 5.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
You've obviously cut down on your drinking, and suffering from dangerous withdrawal symptoms. I highly recommend a large vodka and a can of baked beans with your next fry up.

Soldato
At uni a friend showed me how to make mushy pea sarnies, you butter one slice of bread with tomato sauce, and other slice of bread with mustard, and fill up with mushy peas. I was sat eating one for tea in the kitchen, and four Greeks were stood watching in total fascination/horror.

Caporegime
At uni a friend showed me how to make mushy pea sarnies, you butter one slice of bread with tomato sauce, and other slice of bread with mustard, and fill up with mushy peas. I was sat eating one for tea in the kitchen, and four Greeks were stood watching in total fascination/horror.

This is why Europeans think we're scum.

Soldato
People are confusing Fry-Up with Full [insert nationality] Breakfast. Theo has specified that this is a dinner meal, not a breakfast.
A fry-up can technically comprise anything fryable, which can include mushy pea fritters, for example.

However, it would not belong in a breakfast fry-up... and Theo, if you're going to include haggis, you should also include black pudding, white pudding, tattie scones and make sure you use Lorne sausage.

The mushy peas have that perfect glue-like consistency that helps everything stick together on the end of a fork though?!
Table manners and basic cutlery skills learned as a child are more than sufficient.

Do you lot seriously like baked beans???
Yes, we do.

Permabanned
OP
People are confusing Fry-Up with Full [insert nationality] Breakfast. Theo has specified that this is a dinner meal, not a breakfast.
A fry-up can technically comprise anything fryable, which can include mushy pea fritters, for example.

However, it would not belong in a breakfast fry-up... and Theo, if you're going to include haggis, you should also include black pudding, white pudding, tattie scones and make sure you use Lorne sausage.

Table manners and basic cutlery skills learned as a child are more than sufficient.

Yes, we do.

If I could get Lorne sausage here in the Black Country I'd be a good few stone heavier ;)

Man of Honour
The mushy peas have that perfect glue-like consistency that helps everything stick together on the end of a fork though?!

Mushy peas in a fry up sandwich are another excellent use for them.

Do you lot seriously like baked beans???

Theo's Thursday Night Fry Up (not to be confused with Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway):
  • Sausage
  • Egg
  • Bacon
  • Haggis
  • Fried onions
  • Mushy peas
  • Brown sauce
  • English mustard
And obviously a few slices of bread and butter.

Beans were made for fry ups, otherwise how do you mop up the bean and egg juices at the end? Obviously this is how it should be done.

Back
Top Bottom